At what age did you start bringing your kids to the parks?

Just start going don't worry about age but when you want to go. There are things for kids of every single age at Disney. Our 6 month old just slept all of our last visit while our 2 year old was happy to look around and go to Nemo every chance she got in Epcot.

As long as you think of what your child will like you are golden. I was very surprised that randomly 2 months later my 2yo started talking about Disney and going to the castle again.

5! We're a no stroller and no diaper bag kind of family. We're 5 sisters, a couple of husbands and 7 kids. 5 yrs old is the rite of passage in our family for your 1st Disney trip. The baby in the family turned 5 November 2019. We knew she wasn't ready for Disney when she turned 5. She just doesn't like to walk. Her mom puts her in a stroller at 6 Flags our local theme park. LOL!!

So we're looking at 2021 for her 1st trip. And she's so excited. She's been riding her bicycle for play and exercise. She says auntie look at my muscles. LOL!!

2.5 and she does remember some of it and we all fully enjoyed that trip. My youngest was just turning 2 and it was a tossup because she is a typical toddler where my older one didn't have many tantrums at that age. I think it's up to each family and the personalities of the kids. :earboy2:

My oldest son was 1.5 years and my youngest has yet to go! About half of the trip was AMAZING and half was pretty stressful... (We just happened to catch my son on a bad developmental week/teething week, so he was just having a hard time.) He did amazing, however he did have a REALLY hard time understanding why he had to leave the characters after a few seconds and why he couldn't stay on the rides when they stopped. In hindsight, I should have DEFINITELY prepared him for the character interactions ahead of time. It was heartbreaking to pull him away from the characters when he couldn't understand why they couldn't play with him longer 😢 That being said, I would never have changed the experience of taking him, and I don't think there is such as thing as too young!! Just prepare to be flexible, enjoy their 'littleness' as much as possible, and accept that the trip will be much different than you're used to- but even more special! ❤ My son is almost three now and STILL talks about how much he adored the trip! (He has an incredible memory!)

I’m newly pregnant (we’re expecting our quarantine baby at the start of 2021) so I’m way jumping the gun on this, but at what age did you start bringing your kids to the park? When do you think they were old enough to get something out of it?

”Old enough to get something out of it”. In my opinion is the wrong question. Our Son was about 14 months old. It was the perfect age for us. of course he doesnt remember but WE DO! Some 30 years later we still look back on that trip with the most fondness. He thoroughly enjoy himself. Not only do we have the photos but I can still picture so many things from that trip as if it was yesterday. The nice thing about that age was he napped in his stroller so when we planned our day around his schedule. EPCOT touring the Countries while he napped was fun...and if you like adult beverages its a plus.

I took my daughter for the first time at 11 months old. I felt comfortable enough as a new mom at that point to go and enjoy myself . It also was more for me! I feel like she started to enjoy and get a little something out of disney after 2 years old when she was able to tell me what she liked and wanted to do.

Our older two were 2 when they went on their first trip. They absolutely got a lot out of it and knew most of the characters. Then when we had our third child, she came along as an 8 month old. She rode on our laps on the rides she could. I'd say Disney is an easy place to vacation with a baby. The baby care centers were great for nursing, changing diapers, etc. Either DH or I would head back to the room mid day so she could nap. We switched off each day so we each got a turn with our older kids alone at the park and the other parent could have some "alone time" in the room while the baby napped.

Our oldest was 14 months on her first trip. Then she was 3 and her little brother was 15 months on the next trip.

Our youngest was 5 months on his first trip. Taking a 5 month old was much easier than taking a one year old. He wasn't walking, talking, etc. - he just ate and slept wherever and whenever he needed to.

My older kids went when they were 5 and 3 my younger set of kids went when they were 5 and 8..
And every year since. I think 4/5 year old is a great age so full of wonder.... still really into imagantion
Congratulations on the baby

We started going when our oldest two were 3 and 18 months. By the time our 3rd child was born a couple of years later, we had become Disney addicts, so she went when she was 3 months old (baby carriers and park baby centers are the best!). It’s all about your own comfort level. I always hear people talking about waiting until their kids will be old enough to remember, which is a fair point. However, when they’re little, there’s the extra bit of magic... where everything is just SO real to them. Those are memories you as a parent wont ever forget.

First time with kids ages 2 and 8 months.
Second time with kids 4 yo and 2 yo and a preggo wife.
Third time with kids, 6, 4 and 1.5 yo.

At 2.5 they'll love the experience but won't really maintain the memory of it very well.
At 4/5 they'll remember it vaguely and be excited for the next trip.
At 6-7 they'll remember it and is probably the sweet spot.

At every age you'll be creating memories and traditions as parents with some great photos. If you plan on going down consistently over the years every age gets something out of it. If it's a once in a life time trip, I'd wait until 6-8. If you think you're going to go every 3-4 years, then go when they're 2-3 so they're free and then wait until they're 7 for the next trip.

2 and 5. My niece was 1. That was all of our first trip though. Had we been Disney addicts prior to kids I would have taken them under age 1. WE are taking my great niece in October. She will be 16 months old and I can't wait to see it through her eyes.

The question Is the wrong question...”at what age should I start taking my kids to Disney?” The answer to that question is 48inches. as in, start taking your kids when they can ride any ride and not have any hurt feelings, etc.

The question Is the wrong question...”at what age should I start taking my kids to Disney?” The answer to that question is 48inches. as in, start taking your kids when they can ride any ride and not have any hurt feelings, etc.

Lmao......so I guess you don't get WDW is for all ages...mine were 14 months and 15 months respectively...and we had a blast each first time...they laughed and did cry as the characters can be a shock
for the first time...as you can tell by the signature below we still go and they still have fun....sorry your kids have hurt feelings...

DD was 6.5 and DS was 4.5. We don't live near any parks so it's a journey to either. Part of this was financial -- I like Disney, DH is meh -- so I figured we might not have many visits in our future. For WDW, DS was 7 and DD 9 as I wanted to get in before DD was a Disney adult. Honestly it is really up to you. If you are basing it on your kid's experience, each one is different at each age but they won't have memories of it until later. DD barely remembers some of her first trip and DS remembers next to none. Both remember all of the 2nd trip. So some of it is what YOU want to experience as well. :)

taking twin boys for a short 4 day 3 night on our way to the beach next year they will have just turned 1, i want to see how it goes so i know what to expect when i take my 10 day in 22 wish me luck LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter