At what age did you start going to the parks by yourself?

WilliamtheWonderful

Earning My Ears
Just curious- at what age did your parents start letting you go to the Parks by yourself. For Instance, say your parents wanted to chillax at the resort, but you wanted to go to EPCOT. What age would your parents say "Sure"? Thanks!

Never.
My parents have never wanted to not go to the parks.
I will say that when my parents wanted to say go on an attraction that my sister and I did not care for we did break away for a little while but for the most part we all enjoyed the attractions together.
We started doing that when my sister was 14 and I was 12.

Pretty young. 10? 11? But usually with older cousins around 16 or so. Maybe 13 with a cousin around my age.

At 17, I roadtripped from Chicago to Disney with a cousin (18) and a friend (18).

I went in high school numerous times with the marching band, so I was pretty much alone there with my friends. My parents and siblings did come to every band trip, but we didn't necessarily spend every waking moment with one another. We would meet up for at least one day out of the entire trip or to eat a couple of times, but for the most part, we did things by ourselves. My friends and I were 15 when the band went for the first time when we were in high school, we were freshman.

There were also chaperones on the trip, but their only responsibilities basically included collecting our room keys in the morning and giving them back at night, that way they made sure we were back by the curfew, which was typically around midnight. The rest of the day we didn't see them and were free to go off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!