At work we are all replaceable

DH & I are self employed. He can work without me, so I'm definitely replaceable. As far as our relationship, he could never find another soul mate that he has as much chemistry with. I think my job is safe. ;)

Awww, thanks for caring, but my health is good and not going anywhere, I was actually looking up " physcalogical questions" the site had like 200, just trying to get some new questions on the dis
Something without songs please. I’m not good at songs...:sad2:

I work in employee benefits on very specific new benefits (accident and critical illness coverage), so while I contend I am replaceable; by absence would cause a lot of disruption in my department while these policies and procedures are worked through. After about 3 - 6 months I probably would be basically forgotten about.

As a side note, I follow my father's philosophy of always having a working resume ready, and always having something going on in addition to your job which could go on a resume. For example, I just finished an insurance certification; and am looking to now volunteer at an animal shelter here in the city.

I no longer work- but when I did I was the one who NEVER called out. I was very dependable, they knew I would be on time, at my desk and ready to work when the office opened. The other secretary, not so much.

Awww, thanks for caring, but my health is good and not going anywhere, I was actually looking up " physcalogical questions" the site had like 200, just trying to get some new questions on the dis

Oh ok, glad to hear that :)

But if tomorrow you walked in and said I quit, what would they miss the most ?

unfortunately I don't have any real skills that would be missed but I like to think they would miss my loving to laugh personality, I think they might all kill each other if I wasn't there , lol

My own supervisor never stated one word of condolence after my dad's passing DEC12th. Enough said!

I worked as a church secretary in a very small (getting smaller by the minute) church. I was sick for the month of October. Was not allowed to go to work until I was well (per my boss, who in reality just wanted my accrued PTO used up). It took three people to cover for me.

Fast forward to a week ago Monday... surprise performance review. She tells me I am inefficient -inefficient, but takes three people to do the minimum on my job when I am out- and could not fathom why I can’t get all the work done in three hours a day... including weeks like Christmas where we had four extra services to prepare. She also told me I could no long bring my daughter with me to do her schoolwork (which she knew would make me quit). My daughter attends a virtual academy due to bullying at the neighborhood school.

So, I gave the boss what she wanted and I quit. It’s amazing how much less stress I have now. Lol

yup right now there are 186 people graduating from academy waiting to replace me.

But honestly some jobs experience is more key than others

Technically, I'm self employed - I work as a counselor/therapist. I've been working with some of my clients for 5 to 10 years. I suppose I am replaceble in a sense, but I think it would be a tough transition for some people. It can be pretty hard to start over with a new therapist when you've been in counseling with someone for years. There's just things I have been through with them and understand about them that would take a long time to recreate in a new therapeutic relationship.

I worked as a church secretary in a very small (getting smaller by the minute) church. I was sick for the month of October. Was not allowed to go to work until I was well (per my boss, who in reality just wanted my accrued PTO used up). It took three people to cover for me.

Fast forward to a week ago Monday... surprise performance review. She tells me I am inefficient -inefficient, but takes three people to do the minimum on my job when I am out- and could not fathom why I can’t get all the work done in three hours a day... including weeks like Christmas where we had four extra services to prepare. She also told me I could no long bring my daughter with me to do her schoolwork (which she knew would make me quit). My daughter attends a virtual academy due to bullying at the neighborhood school.

So, I gave the boss what she wanted and I quit. It’s amazing how much less stress I have now. Lol

wow, you think a Church could show a little more then this. I'm sorry

wow, you think a Church could show a little more then this. I'm sorry
It will all work out fine. I’m going to get my house in order and cleaned out, then look into moving to a state where I can afford to live on my disability income. California is not that state. Lol

I've been at the same office for 7 years now. It got bought by a new dentist two years ago and patients aren't happy with the changes. They all tell me once I'm gone, they are gone. I'm the only familiar face left for them, and when they get put in someone else's schedule they get upset and want to be back with me.
Also, I have been around so long I know who to call for what issue in the building, and have relationships with all the reps of the businesses we buy from. I do OSHA stuff for the office, too.
So while the new owner used to tell me I am replaceable and to walk out the door if I had an issue, he's heard from enough patients that they stay because of me, and he's come to me for answers he can't find enough that he now kisses my butt to make sure I stick around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter