Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K DISMeet

OldSlowGoofyGuy

DIS Veteran
Looks like we are leaning toward a potential meetup at the Atlanta 10 Miler
Started a thread so we don't spam those who are not interested.

BLUF:
Date & Time
Oct 20, 7:15 a.m.
Distance
10 Miles (ages 14 & older)
5K (ages 8 & older)
Event Swag
10 Miler:
Long-sleeve Mizuno shirt
Finisher's medal
5K:
Long-sleeve Mizuno t-shirt
Finisher's medal

Details:
http://www.runguides.com/atlanta/event/atlanta-10-miler-and-5k

2018 website:
https://www.atlantatrackclub.org/2018-pnc-atlanta-10-miler-5k

(Updated with 2019 info)

Last edited:
Nice job OSGG. I was thinking we needed to take our plans off of @KSellers88 training journal. Plus want to open it up for anyone who wants to come south in Oct.

Womp. That's probably going to be too close to my first 70.3, otherwise I'd be there.

If it fits in with training come on out, but yeah depends on when that 70.3 is.

So, I'm doing two relays with friends (Gulf Coast and Tri Fort Worth) and I'm shooting for doing the whole thing for IM 70.3 NOLA. It's usually been on that weekend, but the calendar isn't out yet ... so we'll see.

Bumping this back up. I can't believe we were talking about this in Dec. The atlanta 10miler and 5k is Oct 20, 2019. See link for details. Next price increase is July 31. Close hotels include 12, The Canapy, and W. I am sure I find a few others. W is furthest away while 12 is in Atlantic Station.

https://www.atlantatrackclub.org/2019-pnc-atlanta-10-miler-5k
I am officially signed up for the 10 miler.
Yes!!! DH and I signed up for this one as part of the Triple Peach series, and this year will be our 5th. I really like this one even though it may be an unlucky race for me, since #2 was a week after I fell on a trail and knocked myself unconscious and #4 was a few days after a stomach virus that had me receiving fluids a few days before the race. We are booked at the Twelve which is only steps from the start line, but it is pricy. Today Its website has one bedroom at $399 for the night of Oct. 19. It is part hotel, part residence, so it has full living room and kitchen areas. So that’s why the expense. We usually walk down to the Yard House for dinner the night before, pick up bibs in the same general area, and check out the start and finish lines! If it’s cold that morning the lobby is a warm place to wait, and Starbucks is right there too. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

I haven't registered or booked a hotel yet, but I am 99% sure I will be there. Probably either going with Twelve or Canopy by Hilton. I'd love to be as close as possible, but that price is giving me sticker shock lol

I ended up booking a race in Chicago so I won't be at this one. Have a great race everyone and I look forward to reading the race reports! Post pics when y'all meet up!

I know where Disney at heart is having dinner. We live close so I am willing to head out where ever for dinner. Or we might even host as we get closer. Of course if we host that means pets for Mallory but am sure Kristen is good with that :)

Unclear if I am in or not. We have a potential Pacific Northwest vacation during this time (DW is ready to ****** me if we don't travel more).

If I'm in town, I'm in.

Based on previous posts, I'll be staying 30 miles away and then hanging in the 12 lobby, trying to blend. 'Oh yeah, you blend.'

Well now i know where to hang out on race morning if it is cold. However if it is really cold i will probably drive to Atlantic station. I am probably little less than 1.5 miles from the start. One of my weekend routes is running by atlantic station, so i know it is just under 1.5. i will be honest am hoping it is decent so i can easy jog there for a warm up. If it is not sloppy another option is my bike.

The Canopy on Hilton says it is .7 miles from Atlantic Station so that is probably where we will stay unless y'all think it would be impossible for me to get to the start on foot. I am honestly not sure if I've ever been to Atlantic Station so I don't even know what the area looks like. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter