Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K DISMeet

The Canopy on Hilton says it is .7 miles from Atlantic Station so that is probably where we will stay unless y'all think it would be impossible for me to get to the start on foot. I am honestly not sure if I've ever been to Atlantic Station so I don't even know what the area looks like. :confused3

In October in Atlanta it is usually pretty nice weather (unless it rains). Expect 50s-60s at the start. Atlantic Station is off of 17th street in west midtown (if this helps at all).

Bumping this again since we are 3 weeks out. Here is the list

@KSellers88
@Disney at Heart and DH
@garneska and DH

@tigger536 are you signed up?
@OldSlowGoofyGuy are you going to be able to run or going on vacation?

Anyone else signed up or interested?

Since it is a small group we can have dinner on saturday night. Not sure how long everyone is in town for. I am assuming since it is a fairly short drive you are coming in on Sat and leaving Sun. Could potentially plan lunch brunch on Sunday.

Not going to make it but for different reasons:
1. Not sure I can even run a 10 mile race if last weekend's 12 miler was any indication.
2. DW is in a boot and not up to traveling and I'm not brave enough to go to the 'Big City' alone.

I hate to miss the DISers. Have a good race!

@OldSlowGoofyGuy bummer and dang at least going on vacation would be a fun excuse. These all sound not so good. Hope DW gets out of the boot soon. That has to suck and in this heat, yuck. At this rate will be interesting what the temp is for the race. On the flip side, we have all been running in this heat forever, no need for heat acclimation. My body might go on revenge when it hits 60 around here.

Sooooo...bad news here. We have a couples' wedding shower that Saturday evening now, so I am most likely not going to make it. I can't see myself getting up early on Sunday to drive to Atlanta and run it. If anything changes, I will definitely let y'all know. I am so bummed that I won't be able to see/meet everyone!

Bumping this again since we are 3 weeks out. Here is the list

@KSellers88
@Disney at Heart and DH
@garneska and DH

@tigger536 are you signed up?

Anyone else signed up or interested?

Since it is a small group we can have dinner on saturday night. Not sure how long everyone is in town for. I am assuming since it is a fairly short drive you are coming in on Sat and leaving Sun. Could potentially plan lunch brunch on Sunday.

Yep all signed up! Doing triple peach. I live in town so I would be up for a meetup either saturday or sunday.

@KSellers88 bummer about your change in plans. Maybe next time. .

I did not sign up for triple peach so i may try and get out and cheer for @tigger536 and @Disney at Heart at Thanksgiving.

Looks like it will just be the 5 of us. Would you guys want to do dinner on Saturday night or brunch on Sunday? i know disney at heart is staying in atlantic station area.

I signed up for a beer mile :rotfl: on sunday afternoon after the race, so my preference would be saturday dinner.

@tigger536 i like your style. Are you planning on racing the 10 miler? Congrats on Berlin. Would love to hear about it. at dinner. I can't put my name in for Berlin next year because of Mallory, so i will throw my name in for NYC, then hit the lottery for Berlin for 2021.

@tigger536 i like your style. Are you planning on racing the 10 miler? Congrats on Berlin. Would love to hear about it. at dinner. I can't put my name in for Berlin next year because of Mallory, so i will throw my name in for NYC, then hit the lottery for Berlin for 2021.

I was planning on racing it depending on how I feel. I have a half and a full then weekend before (Hartford and Newport) so we'll see. I was at least planning on racing the cardiac hill downhill mile of it. I really enjoyed Berlin. I would be happy to tell you all about it!

@garneska, @tigger536 Saturday evening is a good time for me. DH, DS, and I are staying at Twelve Hotel and usually eat fairly early at Yard House.

Yardhouse is a good choice but its a chain that they also have in other cities. I'm fine with there if that is what people want, but I'm also happy to recommend some other more local places nearby. Let me know.

Yardhouse is a good choice but its a chain that they also have in other cities. I'm fine with there if that is what people want, but I'm also happy to recommend some other more local places nearby. Let me know.

am good with anything but i do prefer to eat early. It sounds like we have at least 6. @Disney at Heart is DS running as well?

am good with anything but i do prefer to eat early. It sounds like we have at least 6. @Disney at Heart is DS running as well?
DS is not a runner. He’s our grown son with Williams Syndrome who still lives with us. He loves going to all the destination races to eat out and sleep late! Or in the case of Disney, to ride Space Mountain or RnR 8-10 times!
Country people here. Never knew Yardhouse was a chain! DH likes it because it’s a micro brewery and he likes the craft beer selection. Also a short walk from Twelve. Open to suggestions though.

Not going to make it but for different reasons:

As soon as I posted that, I started having FOMO. So that may not be my final answer. It might do me good to have a long-overdue crappy race to make me get serious about training and losing some weight. I know this: not even trying to keep up with you speedsters!

Question for those of you more familiar with Atlanta than I am:
Is Canopy by Hilton, 1414 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta walk-able to the start area at 6:00 AM? Google shows it as .7 miles, mostly down 17th Street. From what I know of the area, 17th Street should be good. Not so sure about the block on Spring Street; I might be sprinting that.

Anyone know if they have a bag drop?

I'm going to talk to DW tonight (already inoculated her with the idea) and and see if I can get a hotel reservation. Will post the outcome tomorrow.

@OldSlowGoofyGuy i recommend the Canopy hotel is you don’t want to fork over the money for twelve. It is very safe to walk there in the morning. Provided the weather is decent I am probably going to walk. I am farther than that. I think my walk or slow jog will be about 1.2 miles. Needless to say I will go very close to the hotel.

Yes I do think they have bag drop as well.

Keep us posted!

Registered for the 10 Miler. Weird, no shirt?

I saved the most important question for last: did Georgia/Atlanta pass the 'Mimosa Law'? :)

yes we did you can get drinks on sunday morning. I dont remember the time. I will probably be trying to go to my favorite brunch place. it is about half a mile from your hotel. They dont take reservations but they have a bar and excellent coffee. Its called Joy Cafe.

As for the shirt I believe we are getting a backpack. let me see if i can find the picture. i have seen it on FB.

So that is 8 for dinner on Sat. Not sure if @tigger536 has a plus one. May not be walking distance from Atlantic station but I am a fan of New Realm Brewing for beer and dinner. I think everyone could walk to McCray's tavern as well. I have not eaten there yet. Jacque might have a few more suggestions.

yes we did you can get drinks on sunday morning. I dont remember the time. I will probably be trying to go to my favorite brunch place. it is about half a mile from your hotel. They dont take reservations but they have a bar and excellent coffee. Its called Joy Cafe.

As for the shirt I believe we are getting a backpack. let me see if i can find the picture. i have seen it on FB.

So that is 8 for dinner on Sat. Not sure if @tigger536 has a plus one. May not be walking distance from Atlantic station but I am a fan of New Realm Brewing for beer and dinner. I think everyone could walk to McCray's tavern as well. I have not eaten there yet. Jacque might have a few more suggestions.

I fully second New Realm! I will make a reservation. would 7PM work for people? Or do we want earlier than that? New Realm is on the beltline so there are other bars/ places we could walk to after dinner for those up for it. I love the beltline!

I fully second New Realm! I will make a reservation. would 7PM work for people? Or do we want earlier than that? New Realm is on the beltline so there are other bars/ places we could walk to after dinner for those up for it. I love the beltline!

I would prefer 6pm or earlier. i am an early eater and an early to bed kind of person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!