Atlantic Dance Hall closed????

Fantasia Girl

Fort Wilderness is my second home :)
:(
I read on another board that the Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk is closed indefinetly...and may reopen as something else!!!!

Is this true?? I REALLY hope not, this is where my DH and I had our wedding reception, and we always like to visit the dance hall on our trips!!:(

Thanks in advance!

I just read on Deb's WDWIG that it is closed for rehab through October

Disappointing because it's a lot of fun - but I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlantic Dance close. Let's just say it wasn't the most crowded bar at DW.

Originally posted by clkelley
I just read on Deb's WDWIG that it is closed for rehab through October
[

COLOR=orangered]WOW Rehab?? It didn't even look like there was a chip in the paint in that place! Too bad, but I never really saw a crowd there.[/COLOR]

Oh no! We were going to go this August! Oh well, I guess we'll have to go to Pleasure island instead (but its not the same!)

This is what is posted on the DVC Members official site:

"News from Disney's BoardWalk Resort

Please note the following updates from Disney's BoardWalk Resort:

Atlantic Dance will be undergoing refurbishment as part of the overall resort enhancement project. The club will be closed beginning May 27, 2001 and is expected to reopen in early October.
As of June 3, 2001, Spoodles is no longer open for lunch.
Seashore Sweets is now open from 1:00 p.m. to midnight daily"

I really hope so, I can't imagine what needs rehabbing that place was immaculate last time we were there. I just hope they keep the staircase and the twinkling lights above the dance floor!!!:D

We stopped in the brewing company down from Atlantic Dance Hall for a drink and asked our waiter what happened. He told us that a sink hole had opened up under a bar in the dance hall, and they had to close it for repairs.

Sorry Fantasia Girl, I was typing too quickly - It is closed for repairs - he said when they reopen it in October it will be a new place - he had no idea what it was going to reopen as. Sorry, I wasn't clear. I just knew it was a sinkhole that did the damage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter