Atlantis-book in advance or wait?

veruca&violet'smom

Earning My Ears
We are cruising at the end of October, and wanted to book a room at either the comfort suites or Atlantis and let the kids play at the slides for the day. I am trying to figure out if we should make a hotel reservation in advance or wait until we get off the ship and go to the hotel in person. If we book in advance, we are stuck paying even if it is bad weather or the ship ends up not even going to Nassau that day.... if we don't book in advance, there might not be space, or the rates might be a lot higher (I checked and I can book now for $210/Atlantis $175/comfort suites) ANY IMPUT?

We were going to do the Day-room. Especially when they were so much cheaper. But now they start at $200.00, plus taxes and fees. I also felt fairly comfortable going the Day-room route, since we will be on the 4-Day, which will put is in Nassau on a Monday, which seems to be the slowest day, few ships in port, greater chance that there will be an opening.

Now, if we go to Atlantis, we will probably go ahead and reserve a room at the Comfort. I know that when booking directly thru the Clarion/Comfort site, that the room can be cancelled only 48 hours prior without any charges. This may not be the case for Atlantis, or for rooms booked at Comfort through other travel sites.

I figure that we can check the weather, and would know if there were major rains and storms going to deluge the area. Otherwise, passing rains are always a possibility there!

PS: I did not know that a room at Atlantis could be had for as little as you mention... I think I will check that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter