Atlantis in Nassau

sdjen

DIS Veteran
We are planning on doing the waterpark there on our upcoming cruise stop. It will just be myself and my 13 YO daughter.

I am wondering from those of you that have been there. Would you be okay letting her do the slides by herself? I am more a lay by the pool person but would move from slide to slide. It looks like such a big complex it makes me wonder how it would work.

Thanks for any tips or advice!

I would say that it depends on your daughter, her maturity level, and your comfort level with letting her go alone. Personally I would not let my child do this. The complex is gigantic and, when we were there, extremely crowded. I would not want to let my child go alone (in a foreign country) with no means of contacting me. I tend to be more on the cautious side. Bad things happen everywhere, even on fun Disney vacations.

Agreed that it is a big place and it could be difficult for her to find her way around. That said, you could send her solo on some of the slides where you could see her from a spot by the pool.

When we had this situation in the past, I would find out where the exit to the slide was and wait there for my DD. Sometimes they are close together than I find a place to sit and have my DD come back when she is finished

My brother and I ran around that place by ourselves at a younger age. If your daughter is responsible, she will be fine.

Much more fun doing things together, so I would go with her if you can. Another thought...she might meet new friends in the club that will also be at Atlantis with their families on the excursion. Perhaps she could spend a bit of time doing a slide or two with a new friend.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter