• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantis question - please enlighten me

elemusing

DIS Veteran
I have been researching here and have pretty much decided that we should just rent a dayroom at Atlantis. We want to go there and explore and definitely see the aquarium - our 5YO will love that. But I do not want to do the official excursion.

ANYWAY - I read that the Comfort Inn Suites on Paradise Island offers free access to everything at Atlantis. Their website lists everything EXCEPT the aquarium.

My question is this: If you stay at Atlantis, is the aquarium free? If I stay at the Comfort Inn Suites instead - is that still included in the free offerings at Atlantis?

Also, I have tried several times to access Atlantis' webpage, but it will not come up. Any suggestions to any links for them would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Angie

The last I had heard if you stay at Comfort Suites you have full access to Atlantis. Try the website www.comfortinn.com and search there. It showed that anyone who stays there has FULL use of the Atlantis Resort.

Have a Disney Day:cool:

We booked a room at Comfort Suites in October and full access to Atlantis- including the Aquarium. After you check-in to Comfort Suites you need to stop by a towel hut in Atlantis to get an wristband that will be checked before you go into certain areas of the resort. If you book a 'dayroom' at Atlantis you will probably be in the wing just across the street from Comfort Suites.

There are height restrictions for the big slides but I don't remember what they are. There are a few smaller slides around though- at least one of the smaller ones was closed when we were there.

:D We took a day room at the comfort inn back in November There
were 5 of us.We had full acess to all atlantis facilities including the aquarium.we felt the expense was well worth the cost when
you compared the price of the excursions.Have a great time

Thanks everyone for the help! Is the aquarium called "The Dig?" If not, what is "the dig?"

Angie

Yes, the aquarium is called The Dig. It's quite large, with quite a number of different rooms. There's a "touch" tank in one room where you can touch small stingrays, starfish, etc. There are swimming pools, waterfalls, grottos, stingray ponds, beaches, and slides all over the place, so wander the grounds after you've visited the main attractions at the pyramid.

we did the Comfort suite thing last year. It was fantastic!!!!

The only problem is now i want to STAY at Atlantis for vacation, and boy that place is pricey!

gb

Angie-

We went to Atlantis when we were on the Wonder in December. We got a day room there and there are some tricks to it if you have a larger party and only want one room. We had a good time at Atlantis, its sooo beautiful there. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

nanc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter