Atlantis Ride rumor

scauzilloc

DisneyMaster
Just got back from Disney and as I was walking back stage with one of the CMs I asked him about as those crazy rumors we read about. He laughed and said that they are only rumors and until you see it don't believe it. But of course he had to add his own rumor to the bunch. He told my group that if Atlantis does well at the box office, which they predict that it will, that Eisner and Company have plans on building a ride based on it. He said it will go in place of 20k and that they will not utilize the subs from that ride. The whole lagoon will be retrofitted will new tracks, scenery and it might involve some type of animation. After he gave us that rumor I said that since it came from a CM it must be true. He gave me a dirty look, but I think I made him mad when I asked him what they do with all the other parts of the Emu once they remove their legs and rename them smoked turkey. The group looked at me with disgust and he explained in his wonderful Disney voice that it is a joke from one of the internet discussion boards. I then added, just like the rumor of the new rides we always here about.

To be honest I think the CMs enjoy spreading rumors to see how it effects everyone and how far it will go.

I hope they do somthing with the 20k lagoon. An atlantis attraction would fit perfect in there.

Hope they do that! That would be so cool! And it would go great there!

An Atlantis ride could also go in The Living Seas! I'd like to "sea" something like that hehehehe...

Maybe they could build a Spiderman type ride with an Atlantis theme. Though keep in mind that Islands of Adventure has an excellent Atlantis themed ride (not the movie but the actual myth) called Poseidon's Fury.

I'd like to see SOMETHING, ANYTHING go into the 20K Lagoon. An Atlantis ride would be great. I'll believe it when I see it. I've gotten my hopes up too many times over things that sounded just as great, and they've been dashed time and time again.

and I said this exact thing to my friend - a movie themed ride at 20K Leagues - such wasted space there now.

I'd love to see something...ANYTHING...in the 20K area!!!! I miss that ride...I thought it was great!!! All of you who thought it was stupid, please don't flame me!!!! Since 20K area is over near Ariels' Grotto, putting an Atlantis based ride would fit there. I don't like it as much in EPCOT...EPCOT is sort of the future, not the past (at least, the Futureworld part, where the Living Seas is, is about the future!).

Rumor at MK is that it will be in 20K - many, many imagineers have wanted the ride fixed. Maybe Eisner will agree that is a waste of space

Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas has an excellent Atlantis ride. It's a motion simulator 3-D I max experience. It's called Journey to Atlantis. It's really fun and awesome. In June of 2000, it was $ 7.00 per person to ride, and worth every penny.

There has been a rumor floating around for a while that the Imagineers have been designing an Atlantis ride for the empty sub lagoon in Disneyland. It's been one fo those on again, off again rumors. But if they have done some work already and if the movie is a success, I could see an Atlantis ride getting built at both parks. It would save Disney money to design a ride once and just build it twice. 1 ride design to fill 2 huge, empty areas.

Lets all hope Atlantis does well.

Dosen't anybody remember that Sea World already has an Atlantis ride?

All I ask is that they keep the simulator rides to a minimum. I love the "real" rides and attractions with animatronics, etc. Those are what Disney is all about.

Yes Sea World does have an Atlantis ride but if they are totally different then what should it matter. I don't think Sea World has a copyright on the Atlantis theme so I am sure it is ok. Anyways, this is only a rumor, you know how CMs are.

a while back (1999-2000) there was a rumor about "fire mountain" that would have the atlantis theme. it would be a volcano building and either be built in adventure land or in the old 20K lagoon. the ride was described as a coaster that began as the guests laid down on the coaster cars and slowly entered a cave with atlantic relics and murals on the ceiling that were seen because the guests were looking up while laying down. then there would be an eruption, the coaster cars would turn upward so the guests were seated like in a normal coaster (not laying down) and then the coaster would swoop down and do a loop into a pit of lava as the volcano exploded.

Rodger Rabbit?

Why in the name of Walt Disney would you want a Rodger Rabbit anything? We have a Sing-a-long video tape called Disneyland fun. Made about 1990. Rodger Rabbit is in it a lot. He looks so out of place with all the other classic Disney characters.

Just my .02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter