Atlantis

kenjean

Earning My Ears
The Easter Bunny left a copy of Atlantis at our house Saturday night. I finally got to see the movie Sunday and I found it to be, pretty good. I am one that thinks the sequels are awful, rented Cinderella II and still don't see why it was a movie. But this was a good movie.

I don't think it was a traditional Disney animated film, I am not used to seeing people being blown up in a Disney movie. But it had a good story, and some imagination. I really liked the Father Guido Sarduicci demolitions character. It held my interest throughout, and moved at a good pace. It was a good action movie.

Maybe Disney should have released it under the Miramax name, I think that part of the problem with this was that people went to see it expecting a classic Disney animated film. I bet that this movie does well in video sales, now that people can rent it and view it on its own merits.

Like I said before, I am not a blind Disney does everything great person. In fact I am very disappointed in a lot of their decisions lately. But I did like Atlantis.

I think the problem may be that the animation department would like to break out of it's 'type-casting' and try to break new ground. One of the major complaints I've heard about the art in Atlantis is that the Animators were getting lazy by not finishing the hands of the characters... What they were really doing was copying the style of comic book artist, Mike Mignola. The difficulty with trying to break out of a 'type' is that Disney animation's core audience is expecting that 'type' and is disappointed when that's not what is presented. I quite liked Atlantis, but I was reminded more if Indiana Jones than of Snow White.

Sarangel

I agree with the typecasting. I thought Atlantis was very good, and we own the DVD. I also liked "Hercules", but the movie was criticized for the quality of animation. The animators were trying something different - to make the characters resemble Greek artwork. I thought they did a great job.

We rented Atlantis 2 weeks ago, DH, DD and I really enjoyed it. The characters were good and it was different from your typical princess theme. I agree about the hands in this film, I kept wondering why the made them that way.

My favorite Disney movies in recent years are The Lion King and Pocahontas.

Didn't see Atlantis until I bough the SE on DVD. I think it looks and sounds great, and the bonus features are awesome. This is an underated movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter