• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attachment to a particular stateroom

jel0511

DIS Veteran
In reading these boards over the past year, it seems that a lot of people get attached to a particular stateroom. I know I have, we had 6616 on the Wonder and booked the same stateroom on the Magic for next year. I would have been a little upset if I hadn't gotten my room choice, but I probably would have gotten over it. I liked this room location due to it's close proximity to the Aft elevators. Very convient for getting to the restaurants and the kids clubs also. What room are you attached to and why??

I think I'll always be attached to 7106, since it was our first room on the Magic. I also like it for its proximity to the aft elevators and stairs. But, in the interest of saving money (and thus being able to cruise more), we now try to book a category 7 room on deck 7. It's still pretty close to the stairwell, but is usually about $600 less than the category 5 rooms. I think the savings is a fair trade for the difference in verandah.

6624 was our stateroom on our first ever cruise, we loved the location...aft and starboard. And being on the 6th deck. I will always try for a cabin near this one!

Originally posted by jel0511
What room are you attached to and why??

7624! Although we didn't have it on our last DCL trip, we have a fondness for 7624. It was the room we had on our Honeymoon (and first DCL trip) It wasn't available for our last two trips, but we will have it for our trip in March!

Kathy

shmoogrrrl,

We've stayed twice in 7624. We've actually stayed there more often than in our "favorite" room, but I guess I still always think about booking 7106 again. 7624 is a great room, as are all the cat. 7's in that neighborhood. We've stayed in all but 3 of them. 5 if you count the newly re-classified cat. 7's.

8016. Two bed-room cabin. Enough said. Unfortunately not available for our upcoming 7 day :mad:

In February we are taking our third cruise and each time have stayed in 8524.

Only have cruised once, on the Wonder, but I really liked 7541. It was a hop and a skip to the elevators and a short jot to the laundry room, both key with two small children. I would stay in that room again without hesitation. There really wasn't too much noise either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter