ATTENTION CM's! Do CM Discounts Operate like AP Discounts?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

I am a Canadian Disney CM and this will be my first trip to DLR with the ability to take advantage of Disney CM discounts. My question is if CM discounts are available at everywhere AP holders get discounts? Do they get discounts at more places/less places than an AP holder?? I guess the best person to have answer stuff like this would be a CM them self, but I'm sure a knowledgeable DISer might know this information, regardless of CM status...

What about things in like... Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge... on that hefty $215 price tag for a lightsaber, do CM's (or even AP holders) get a discount on that? What about purchasing droids... is this just counted as merchandise like anything else? Or are there some sort of blocks on discounts for these??

I did call up guest services a while back and learnt that guided tours can be eligible CM discounts if you mention that on the phone and give them your CM info, etc.

One of my wandering thoughts is for the Disneyland app and mobile ordering of food. I know CM's get discounts on most food locations at DLR... but how would you go about getting those if you were to order and pay on the app? I'm guessing that there's simply no way about it and you'll just have to wait in the standby queue for food and pay at the counter...

Any tips and tricks or advice on this subject would be awesome!!

Last edited:
Oh also... what about the food/drink at Oga's Catina? Are these counted just as food and beverage discounts like any other... or have they blocked the usage of discounts here??

I do believe that I've heard there are no discounts at GE at this time.

I do believe that I've heard there are no discounts at GE at this time.

Is that so? I could've sworn that I heard on podcasts that they ask for them in character, like, "Do you have any intergalactic discounts with us today?". Stuff like that. Is that not the case?

There are AP discounts on the food at Docking Bay 7, Ronto Roasters, and Oga's Cantina. There are AP merchandise discounts throughout SWGE but definitely not on the build your own lightsabers. I don't think the build your own droids have discounts either although the add-ons such as decals or additional personality chips do. I don't know anything about CM discounts.

To the OP, as a CM I'm sure you're familiar with the HUB. I would search or ask there.

In Canada, most of us have recently been separated from The HUB and put into an international portal, where not everything is the same. Is there really a list somewhere that details where you'll receive discounts within the park? I've never seen that... hmm... maybe I'll snoop around on there later.

In Canada, most of us have recently been separated from The HUB and put into an international portal
I'm not familiar with the international version of the HUB but I would think that it may be somewhat similar to the US version. On that version you can ask specific questions and get an email response if you can't find the answers by searching.

I know here at WDW, our CM ID is linked to our Disney account so every time I mobile order, if the place offers a discount for CM, it applies it for me! Did it just the other day at AK!

You get CM discounts at all Disney operated merchandise and quick service/table service food locations. In SWGE specifically cms get a 10% discount on the droid building and savi’s workshop. CMs also get discounts at select ODV locations (mint julep bar and Adventureland fruit stand are two that I know for sure give cm discounts).

Alcohol is not eligible for AP discounts and I believe it’s the same for cms.

I know here at WDW, our CM ID is linked to our Disney account so every time I mobile order, if the place offers a discount for CM, it applies it for me! Did it just the other day at AK!

I'll have to ask my manager if that's something that can happen for us.

You get CM discounts at all Disney operated merchandise and quick service/table service food locations. In SWGE specifically cms get a 10% discount on the droid building and savi’s workshop. CMs also get discounts at select ODV locations (mint julep bar and Adventureland fruit stand are two that I know for sure give cm discounts).

Alcohol is not eligible for AP discounts and I believe it’s the same for cms.

Thanks for the info!!

Even after over two decades at WDW, whenever I buy something I still ask if there is a CM discount just in case. That goes for non Disney owned locations in the WDW vicinity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter