Auberge de Cendrillon - reviews

We ate here on 27th August. We saw Cinderall, Suzy & Perla (the mice), Belle and the Prince and Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of princesses considering people had seen Ariel, Princess Minnie and the Fair Godmother as well but that was the only downside. The food was excellent, in fact much better than I anticipated. Although it is expensive it is worth the money as it is probably one of those things you would only do once.

If your DD loves princesses and you can afford to lose almost £50 a head for the experience I would definately go for it.

My husband and I ate here for the character meal lunch on Saturday, Sep 27. My husband was not altogether thrilled when I told him I had reserved a princess meal for the two of us (we are in our 50's) but we loved this meal. The food was excellent; husband had lamb and I had scallops. There was always a character floating through the tables and we met all of them!!!

Another thing I absolutely loved was how well behaved all of the children were. This experience was so much nicer than the dining venues offered for children at WDW.

Thank you to previous posters who had left reviews; I would never have tried this without your comments and I would have then missed out on the best meal of our entire trip.

Me and DD ate here on the 23rd September 2008.

We had booked for 12pm and was greeted by Cinderella, we was then seated on the left hand side of the restuarant and we saw Suzy and Perla.

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

I had a Prince's cocktail which was very nice, the starters where not to my taste and me and DD didnt touch ours. I had Salmon in mine and Kyra's I have no idea but it didnt look to child friendly.

DSC00526.jpg

My starter

DSC00534.jpg

The children then was gathered to the dance floor to watch Aurora and Prince Philip dance, we also saw Belle and Ariel. Aurora looked miserable and didnt really communicate with any of the childern, Belle was lovely and so was Ariel.

DSC00529.jpg

The main course was a lamb dish which was really nice and i enjoyed it, DD refused to eat the beef. I ended up eating hers instead as i didnt want my money to go to waste.

The Beef (DD's meal)

DSC00537.jpg

My main course

DSC00538.jpg

The desserts where ok, DD didnt like hers and half of mine was yummy. The total came to 75Euros for me and DD and it was a expensive meal esp when my child didnt eat anything. The photo set was a extra 27Euros which i refused to pay.

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

I think if your willing to pay to meet the Princesses then great but the cheaper option is to go to the meet and greet outside the castle.

Please remember folks, the restaurant threads are intended for reviews.

If you have any questions about a particular restaurant, please start another thread :)

We ate here on Tuesday the 16th of December. I had planned to eat that evening at Inventions but after realizing that DS would be half asleep by 8pm I cancelled with Town Hall and booked Auberge- the only availability they had was 2pm. IMHO this is too late, so if you fancy this restaurant book in advance for an earlier sitting. The only negative thing I have to say about Auberge de Cendrillon was that (and this may just be because it was a late seating time) we had to wait for ages in the cold before we could get in- a CM told us they weren't ready and to go away and come back in 20 minutes by which time DS was starving. Once we were in we still had to wait a while before a table was cleared- the service was auful- once we were seated it was a long time before anyone came to us with a menu. We weren't even brought water or bread. The CM'S were obviously very harrassed but at such a restaurant you expect better service, I certainly expected them to be trained sufficiently to deal with it at least with a smile and an apology-that was a disappointment. But once we'd ordered the food came swiftly and once we'd relaxed it turned out to be a really lovely meal with the best character interaction of all.
I'd worried that it might be too "girlie" for our 6 year old DS and DH worried that it might be really naff- it was neither. DS wore his Aladdin outfit and the princesses treated him like one of their own!. He really fell in love with Ariel, he told her he loved Diving and she spent a lot of time chatting to him-even the Princes asked how Jasmin was-he was really spoilt!
paraskevi

Above is the child starter. To be honest apart from the cherry tomatoes and bread stick he didn't eat it. It consisted of Tuna pate, Pumpkin soup (which was actually very nice, I ended up having it) and tomato and mozzarella balls
The main course however he really enjoyed and ate it all
paraskevi

He had the ground beef in it's juices, with potatoes and vegtables.
paraskevi

The adult starter is a just a matter of taste, I personally don't like Foie gras but my husband enjoyed it. the rest of the starter was smoked salmon and a tomato and mozzarella tart- both were good.
paraskevi

My main course above was a gorgeous dish- Pork escallops with a champagne sauce and mushrooms- the meat was so tender and the sauce really lovely- I'd have it again anytime.
paraskevi

DH had the rack of lamb which surpassed his expectations perfectly cooked and tender. It came with potatoes au gratin.
paraskevi

DS enjoyed his dessert plate so much he forgot all about Ariel for 5 minutes!
It was moist chocotate cake with a chocolate lollipop on top, strawberrymilkshake with candy floss over it, a little rasberry sorbet tart and a mini white chocolate slipper-he would have licked his plate if I'd let him!
paraskevi

Adult dessert equally delectable-chocolate tart/mousse, a rasberry and cream mousse and a mini creme brulee.
It was our most expensive meal (especially as we bought the official photos)but If you can afford it, IMHO it's a lovely experience and worth doing -I'd give it 8 of 10, if it hadn't been for the waiting/service mess up at the start I would have given it 10 out of 10- it's a beautiful setting and atmosphere with lovely food and characters.
P.s They give any boys a plastic helmet as a gift.

We ate here again on the 23 December 2008

Each time we have eaten here the person on the front desk has been rushed and generally in a flap. This time was no exception - it seems to be how this restaurant runs. :confused3

Once inside and seated, though, it is all calm and tranquil and certainly not rushed.

We saw Cinderella, Suzy, Perla, Aurora and the Prince and Snow White and the Prince.

100_0734Small.jpg

100_0736Small.jpg

The starters were as tasty as ever - I think I would eat there just for the pate and chutney. :thumbsup2 Dtr's included pumpkin soup, which had an unusual taste but was nice.

Dtr had the pasta

100_0740Small.jpg

I had the veal once again

100_0741Small.jpg

The desserts were scrummy, although the dark chocolate tart was a little too sharp for my palate.

100_0743Small.jpg

100_0744Small.jpg

Yes - we'll be back again.

(photos now added)

Sorry - me again. Just to say we went back yesterday. This time Dtr had the ground beef

100_1131Small.jpg

and I once again had the veal

100_1132Small.jpg

It seemed tastier today. :confused3

The desserts are the same as the last time we went. The characters were very attentive and we got visited by 6 of them, plus we saw Cinderella on the door.

This was where we sat

100_1133Small.jpg

Still love it. :thumbsup2

I took a photo of the menu on this trip but it hasnt come out very clear - however the choices have not changed

Adults - 59E

Princes Cocktail

3 Fairies favourites (mixed starter)

Veal or Lamb or Scallops or Pasta

Cinderellas delight desert as in HildaMuriels report above

Children - 22E

mixed starter

Ground beef, salmon candy, pasta (I think)

mixed desert (again as in HMs pics above)

Ive just realised as well Ive never posted my report and pics from our visit here in February

DisneylandParis2009386.jpg

We ate here at 12 o'clock on Thursday the 6th of August 2009. We asked for a table on the dancefloor but there was tables on the dancefloor so no dancing from the pirncesses today!:sad2: Before our starters had arrived Suzie and Perla came over and our DD was so excited!
DisneylandParis2009388.jpg

DisneylandParis2009390.jpg

DisneylandParis2009389.jpg

DisneylandParis2009396.jpg

When our starters arrived Sleeping Beauty came over. She was English and spoke to DD for ages asking her who made her dress, DD replied 'I'm not sure because mummy bought it from the shop!' :rotfl: DD then said how she hadn't been to she the dragon because she was scared and Sleeping Beauty told her it was ok. They talked for a bit about dresses and where we had been.
DisneylandParis2009395.jpg

DisneylandParis2009387.jpg

DisneylandParis2009397.jpg

The childrens starter
DisneylandParis2009398.jpg

Our starter
DisneylandParis2009400.jpg

The childrens main
DisneylandParis2009401.jpg

DH had the lamb
DisneylandParis2009402.jpg

I had the veal
DisneylandParis2009403-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009405-1.jpg

Ariel was english too and they stayed and talked for a while, DS was very shy and would only have his picture taken with a prince because 'he's a boy and I'm not getting my picture with princesses!!!'
DisneylandParis2009406-1.jpg

The childrens pudding
DisneylandParis2009407-1.jpg

Our pudding
The food was amazing! I had read a few reviews about how the food wasn't that good but all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I thought it was a lovely touch at the end when the girls are given wands and the boys a helmet.
We told them we had the premium vouchers and were informed the wine was not included. DH had two beers and I had a glass of wine. We also ordered the photo pack which was 25 euro's. We were really surprised when the waitress told us we only had 25 euro to pay!:cool1:
All in all I would recommend this to everyone. We would definately dine here again! :goodvibes

P1010595.jpg

We ate here at 12.00 on Monday 26th October. (Think I put Tuesday in my post about Claudia Schiffer).

We arrived at 11.45 & were first in line.

We saw Cinderella, Suzy & Perla, Snow White & her prince, Ariel, & Belle.

P1010609.jpg

P1010612.jpg

My food photos are almost identical to those above except for the scallops, so I won't duplicate them.

Emma didn't touch her starter & Ben only ate the Tuna pate. I enjoyed all my starter but I don't like salmon, so I left that.

The kids both had the pasta for main & I asked for the sauce on the side.

P1010614.jpg

Ben ate it all, without the sauce, but Emma just kept eating the bread rolls.

My scallops were really tasty, but quite cold.

P1010615.jpg

P1010620.jpg

Our desserts were a big hit all round, the kids loved having little bits of so many things.

All in all, we loved this experience, & I'm sure it would make any little girl feel special.princess:

No gift/toy at the end though. Maybe this has stopped.

We ate here Wednesday and thoroughly enjoyed it both the food, service and character intervention was by far the best we had this holiday.

It was 56 euros a adult and cant remember the child price, this included a photo pack with Cinderella, whichw as a large photo, a 4 x 6" photo and 2 smaller ones. Although if you use the meal vouchers the photos arent included in the price.

The children also got a free drawing toy at the end and their menu had a picutre on the back and some pencils to colour it in.

The childrens starter wasnt very nice, DD wouldnt touch it. It was cheese and baby tomatoes on a stick, some cold orange stuff with cream on top and something else. For main the children could have burrger, salmon and one other choice. We chose salmon for DD which was nice but came with some pastry thing looked a bit like a large sweet filled with vegetables which was ok. For desert she got a chocolate brownie, chocolate cinderella lolly, strawberry mouse and a small white chocolate shoe.

For the adults you got a cocktail each and 2 prawns on sticks. Then we got a starter, 3 fairies favourites which was smoked salmon with cream cheese, a very sour tomato thing, and pate which was delicicioius! Main course husband had the lamb which was nice and I had the scallops which came with some creamy rice. It was very nice but small, I think you pay for the presentation. Desert was a set desert, consisted off a fruit mouse topped with a cinderella chocolate disc and 2 other minature deserts.

Wine was included in the price as much as you wanted

We was booked for 12 seated straight away and left just after 2. Cinderella wasnt there to greet the first few people so we had to go back and que to have her photo although as soon as she saw DD in her cinderella dress she called her over to the front of the que lol

We saw snow white, ariel, susie perla, beauty and the beast (as the prince not the beast) they all came around the table and gave the childrens loads of attention! Beauty and the beast done a small dance on the dance floor although we missed most of this due to being sat so far away. Susie and perla were fab they danced and sat and played with DD for ages

I highly highly recommend this restaurant.

The theming is nice too with cinderella pictures on the walls and a carriage outside

The last meal of our trip, 25th September 2009. There was a queue to get in because of the photos they take. We saw Cinderella who was English and absolutely lovely – all the princesses are so beautiful!
Disneylnd265.jpg

We were sat in a corner away from the dance floor. We got to see Suzy, Perla, Ariel & Prince Eric, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White. Sleeping Beauty was wonderful! She spent time having a lovely chat to DD. The character interaction here was wonderful and very well organised, every one came to see us.:thumbsup2
Disneylnd271.jpg

Disneylnd286.jpg

Disneylnd287.jpg

The service however was poor. We had to ask twice for our wine, three times for our water! :sad2: They brought the main course before the starters were cleared, DDs beef was RARE! :scared1: We were there for 2 hours and in the end left without DD being given a wand because it was so slow – it was our last day and didn’t want to be sat around in a restaurant any longer than we had to!! I enjoyed my food, DH liked some of his and some wasn’t to his taste. DD ate one of her starters, her mashed potato and tried a bit of all her desserts!
Photo time... The Prince's cocktail
Disneylnd276.jpg

DD's starters
Disneylnd277.jpg

Our starters
Disneylnd278.jpg

DD's main meal
Disneylnd284.jpg

I had the scallops in a champagne sauce with asparagus risotto
Disneylnd283.jpg

DH had the veal with mushroom sauce
Disneylnd285.jpg

DD's desserts
Disneylnd288.jpg

Our desserts
Disneylnd291-1.jpg

We used one of our remaining premium vouchers to pay for DD's meal - the staff thought we were mad as it was only a 19 Euro bill - but what else were we going to do, keep it as a souvenir?!!

Overall - worth every penny for the fantastic character interaction and Iloved my food - going back this year & taking my Mum. Will order something different for DD though! :lmao:

me and ashleigh ate here on tuesday 16th of march. we met cinderella, snow white and her prince and ariel and prince eric as well as suzy and perla.

we dont like the starters so i asked not to have them which wasnt a problem. ash had the pasta which she loves and i had the duck. i have never had duck before and to be honest i didnt really like it but it was cooked perfectly. we both enjoyed our desserts.

disneylandparismarch10220.jpg

disneylandparismarch10222.jpg

disneylandparismarch10227.jpg

disneylandparismarch10228.jpg

disneylandparismarch10230.jpg

disneylandparismarch10232.jpg

i used my free lunch vouchers and my shareholders discount and had 55 euros left to pay. i still got the free wine and the pictures.

will definitely go back again it was the highlight of our trip.

Wow!!! We loved this place! Wasn't sure if we would eat here or not as it was expensive, but after reading all the reports on here I was persuaded and reserved a table before we left for DLP. We ate here on March 2nd. DD is a massive princess fan and was totally awestruck from the minute we walked through the door! I had packed her Snow White dress for the occasion but at the last minute decided she wanted to be Sleeping Beauty and fleeced me of 45 Euro's for another dress!!! :eek: Booked for 12.15 and went in straight away. We were about 3rd in the queue for a photo with Cinderella DD was totally in shock by this point as she couldn't believe Cinderella was actually speaking to her!!! Got a lovely set of photo's in a folder one large and 6 smaller ones. We saw Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip first who are DD's absolute favourites so that was a good start! Also saw Belle, Princess Minnie, suzy and Perla. Food was lovely, DD wasn't terribly interested in her food. Luckily Daddy was on hand to eat all the leftovers!!! She had pasta, I had the scallops which were lovely and DF had lamb which he claimed was the best he'd ever had. The desserts were fab! DD had a white chocolate cinderella slipper and lollipop, candyfloss, strawberry milkshake and ice cream. While were eating they danced around the restaurant so that everyone could see them.
IMG_1799.jpg
Our waiter was excellent, constantly refilling glasses and asking if we needed everything. Also made a big fuss of DD admiring her dress etc. It was not terribly busy and the princesses all came around a second time spending a good 5 minutes at each table. They were all happy to pose for photographs and sign books. I think it was certainly worth the money and will be going back again on our next
IMG_1778.jpg

We ate here on our last day, Thursday 13th May at 12.00. Isabelle was so excited and was wearing her Cinderella dress to meet Cinderella!

I knew to ask for a table by the dance floor (last time we were stuck in a booth!) and before we had a chance to sit down the music started and out came Snow White & her prince, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Suzy & Perla!

DD could barely contain her excitement!! I have got video of her dancing with one of the mice on the dance floor which I shall try and put on here – it was magic!

Snow White was just wonderful with Isabelle and so so pretty! Mum was thrilled to have another Prince sign her Autograph Book!

Belle was wonderful too she had a lovely chat with Isabelle.

Sleeping Beauty wasn’t English and didn’t have much to say to anyone from what I saw, just the basic smile, photo, autograph, wave and off she went. She looked a little lost...

The food was up to the usual standards but this time we had a fantastic waiter!! The wine and water arrived without needing us to ask and he did a pretty good Donald Duck impression!

We got the photos this time as DD was dressed up and smiling (sort of). We came out rather full and beaming! :goodvibes

Will update with food photos shortly...

As promised, food photos...

Cocktails to start - just spotted the bread rolls in this photo, they were soooooo good!

PICT0356.jpg

Prawn appetisers

PICT0357.jpg

Isabelle's starter

PICT0360.jpg

Isabelle's pasta - she actually ate some this time :goodvibes

PICT0364.jpg

Isabelle's dessert - very popular as it was mostly chocolate!

PICT0370.jpg

My starter

PICT0361.jpg

My main - scallops, again! Will try something new next time, but I do enjoy this.

PICT0365.jpg

Mum's main - Chef's recommendation (red fish)

PICT0363.jpg

Our dessert - YUMMY!!

PICT0371.jpg

Overall food was very good and beautifully presented, wine was flowing nicely too! Our waiter really added to the experience, a great meal all round. :goodvibes

I must say I was really quite disappointed with our experience at Auberge. :sad1:

I can't really say much more about the food than has already been said on here - it was fine, good in parts, but DD didn't eat much of it (very small bit of her salmon and carrot, then white chocolate from her dessert plate). But I was always under the impression (from before we left) that what you pay is not really for the food at all, but the experience. This is where I feel quite let down.

It started well - DD was very excited at meeting Cinderella. She was lovely, chatted away to DD and signed her autograph book personally to DD.
We had one of the best tables in the house - right next to the dance floor - all still going well so far. DD's menu had activities whcih is always good and kept her occupied til people came.

First was Suzy, which was fine, and as I expected. DD did not know who she was, however - she only knew Perla (which film is Suzy in? DD has Cinderella 1 and 2). Then Perla. Also fine.

A short while later, music started and Ariel and Snow White came out with their princes. Ariel and Eric did a dance on the dancefloor, then they came round. This was all fine, and Snow White came round later. Again fine.

Again after a while, when we were on dessert, the music came on again, and out came Snow White and Ariel again.

What... that's it? :mad: I was expecting to see more than 2 princesses. (If you even count Ariel as a princess - she's not one of the main ones imo). We were hoping to see at least one of Belle or Sleeping Beauty, these being DD's favourites. :mad:

She didn't seem too bothered, was happy to have met who she met, but I think she was quite disappointed not to have met Belle. I was annoyed with myself for not organising to go for meet + greets with princesses earlier on our trip - I thought there would be plenty at Auberge (which was our last night).

I would definitely not pay another €143 + tip to go here again - it was most definitely NOT worth it. In future I will make sure we meet the princesses at meet and greets instead, and go to elsewhere for tea.

Morag :sad2:

We ate at auberge de cendrillon wednesday 25th August and really enjoyed the experience. There was me, my husband our two son's (9 & 11) and our daughter (5). We used our premium half board vouchers for the meal so only had to leave a tip.

We did arrive a bit too early for our 1pm reservation so sat outside for about half an hour and found cinderella's carriage just around the back of the restaurant.
IMG_3977.jpg

Just before 1pm the cm showed us into the foyer where we confirmed our booking and then out of a door to the left appeared Cinderella princess:
IMG_3980.jpg

We were all wowed by her, especially our daughter Victoria who stood there staring not sure what she should do. Cinderella was very friendly and held out her hands to dance but Victoria did need some encouragement to go with her. After the initial shock she enjoyed posing for the photographs and talking to her and after a fair while we were shown to our table. We were seated to the left as you enter the main room, probably as far as you can get from the dance floor but this didn't stop us enjoying ourselves and it was in fact a very relaxed unrushed meal.

When we had been sat for 5 min music sounded over the speakers and it was announced that snow white would be dancing with her prince. My husband took Victoria to the dance floor to watch and once they had finished snow white asked where was the princess sitting as she must come and talk to her! I thought this was a lovely touch and really made our daughter feel special :lovestruc

We were brought a delicious cocktail each and large prawns on sticks which tasted of garlic, yum :) and there was a bread basket and butter on the table which the children had some of. It wasn't long before snow white and her prince appeared at our table and we all enjoyed talking to them, they signed our books and had photos then continued on to other tables.
IMG_3983.jpg

The music sounded again and one of the mice friends appeared, as she made her way to us round the tables our waitress took our order for main course and brought out the starters. We had a long plate with 3 different starters on, the smoked salmon which was very nice, tomato tartare which was also tasty and the fois gras (sp?) which neither of us liked one bit! The children had a melon drink which was an acquired taste! Tomato and mozzerella balls and tuna mayo all of which were ok. We met the mouse and then waited for the main courses.
IMG_3987.jpg

Victoria was kept well occupied with the picture to colour on the back of the menu so there wasn't any moans about waiting for the food and her 2 brothers were being very patient and seemed to be enjoying the experience too.
IMG_3981.jpg

We didn't have to wait too long and our main courses arrived, all were delicious. I had lamb with a ragu of veg, some lovely cheesy potato and a thyme gravy. My hubby had veal with mushroom sauce and said it was very tender, this came with a mixture of veg and the same potatoes. Our 2 youngest had the shaped mickey pasta parcels and loved them and our eldest had the burger with gravy, mash (not very much) and the same veg selection. Half way through eating I asked the waitress about the wine as we hadn't had any and it was included, as it happens the wine didn't even turn up until we were just finishing our mains!! That was our only complaint.

The music sounded again and this time belle and the beast (as the prince) arrived to dance. Belle is a favourite so I got up this time with Victoria and we watched her dancing then went back to our table to finish the meal.

It did take quite a while for them to reach our table and Victoria couldn't contain her excitement. When they got to us finally they did chat for a long time and we took photos etc.
IMG_3988.jpg

The last character was the other mouse friend of cinderella who wandered round while we ate desserts. The desserts were lovely and we all swapped ours round to end up with things we all liked! We had a tart with raspberries on, a mint mousse and a small moussy cheesecake in a mini glass. The children got a pink sorbet in a cone, a choc lolly and choc slipper, a choc brownie, candy floss and a mini strawberry milkshake! It was all lovely and I think I also had a coffee to finish with a little marzipan sweet with it.

This is definitely an experience to do with little girls (and mum's too ;)) I loved every minute of it and we will all remember meeting the princesses for a long time :cheer2:

we ate here on tuesday 5th of october.

we were greeted by cinderella, and met suzy, perla, snow white and her prince, belle and ariel. all of the characters were wonderful even though ash wouldnt let them get a word in edgewise. ariel even came back and asked did i mind if she took ash out the to photographer as she would like a pic of the two of them together.

as usual the food was very good. we asked not to have the starters as we dont like them. ash had the pasta and ate all of it. i had the chefs suggestion which was steamed cod with potato and carrots. the desserts were lovely.

the pictures we got of cinderella were beautiful. we will definitely come here again. well worth the money in my opinion.

pictures to follow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter