Aug 11 Magic

BethA

DIS Veteran
The trip started out on a very bad note-having to put 2 of our beloved pets to sleep prior to the trip-but going away was the best thing we could have done. We flew down on Friday and staed at the Radisson. We used Tiffany Town car and it was ok-but nothing special. The driver never even introduced herself or asked about our trip on the way back, plus they changed the price I was quoted. The Radisson was very nice-great pool and restaurant. Shirley and Norm from the Perfect Gift stopped to see us and they are the nicest people in the world. It was a real treat to meet them. We took the bus to the port from the hotel and were the first ones in line to board the ship, which was pretty exciting. The ship was a magnificant site, and incredible once we boarded. We went to Parrot Cay for lunch and then to our room. We were lucky enough to have the Walt Disney Suite-my parent, sister in law and the 4 of us. words can not describe how fantastic it was!!! The concierge team was Rotesh-who I was unimpressed with and Martin who we loved!!! Our dinner servers were Gabby and Anita, both great. They really catered to the kids and we hated to leave them at the end of the trip. We had the second seating and dinner always ran too long to do some of the things afterwards- would pick first seating next time. Thanks for the tip on the extension cord--the outlets in the bathroom have no power. I should have listened to the posts on packing--I took enough for 3 cruises. The kids programs were ok- saw another child punching my 5 yr old when I went to pick him up--25 kids to 1 counseler is not a good ratio for that type of setting. Brandon enjoyed the club, but stayed with us a lot. The common grounds was unorganized and if traveling alone it wasn't easy to meet other kids. My older son stayer with us most of the time. I have to get back to my laundry--I'll continue the report later. Beth

Hi Beth- Let me first say how sorry I
am about your beloved pets. To lose
two within a week must be truly heart
breaking.
I think I met your mom at the terminal
before we left. Wasn't it Brandon who
counted down before we boarded?
What a cutie! Was that your older son
who was picked for the Mouseketeer show?
I think that last question was a real tough
one. Please forgive me for being too shy
to say hello!
Having the Walt Disney suite must have
been wonderful.
My 9 year old liked some of the planned
activities, but also preferred to hang out
with mom & dad. We hardly saw our 13
year old, he enjoyed some of the activities
at Common Grounds and made a few friends.
I want to hear your full report!

:wave: Jan

Yes, those were my sons. I wish we had all planned to meet on the ship. I did meet Rhonda and her son Seth and daughter Ashley. The suite was fantastic--we did it rather than 3 separate cabins so it wasn't too expensive dividing it up and it was worth it!

Beth, thanks for posting. I am looking forward to the rest of your trip report. It seems like weeks since we have had a new one! I have a question re the Raddison. Do you remember if they have a lounge or pool bar? We are planning a mini DIS meet there before our trip and I was wondering if we will be able to have a cocktail by the pool in the evening. Thanks!

There was a bar by the pool, I'm not sure of the hours. There also was a bar in the lobby.

Beth I have to agree with you about the kids club. My son found it very hard to meet anyone there since he was alone. He really hung out with us most of the time. In St. Thomas he met some kids on our excursion and the hung around with them some of the time. But all in all it was a great trip.
II am only sorry i ddidn't get to meet you. I asked the one day how to get to the Suite but I was on my way to meet my family for lunch and didn't make it there. We are also planning on going next year.

I wish we could have met then My son might have had some one to hang around with. We are going June 22--what's your date?

They probably would have had a great time togethere. We haven't picked a date for next year.. I'll let you know. If you ever come to Wilkes Barre please let me know. Maybe we could get togethere.

Hi BethA!!!

I have been reading your posts prior to and then after your cruise. I'm so sorry for the pain and anguish that you endured with your beloved pets. :( But, I am thrilled that you decided to go ahead and continue with your cruise plans. I'm sure it helped you tremendously with your healing.

I was so excited to know that Shirley and Norm came to visit you at the Radisson. Wow! How exciting! Aren't they the best??? What genuine and sincere individuals. :) They were such a huge help to us when our truck was vandalized the night before our cruise. They made what could have been a very stressful situation, a breeze!!! :D :D I will never forget their kindness to bascially total strangers!

Your cruise sounded magical and I loved hearing all the details! Thanks for a great report.

Take care and do stay in touch with Shirley. She really does bond with her customers and would love to hear from you every once in a while. We chat by e-mail and I call her every couple of weeks. What a great buddy to have! My husband and I are returning to Cape Canaveral in October and we will go by the shop and see those two before we head over to the ship.

Beth11
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Beth11- thanks for the post. People on these boards really are great. I talked to Shirley after we got back and she said she would be seeing you. My family can't stop talking about Shirley and Norm--we loved them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter