~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

Welcome home!!! I love the pictures! It looks like (and sounds like) you had a wonderful time... It's always good when the kids dont' want to come home. :thumbsup2

I wanted to cry too!!! But was able to hold it all together!! :rotfl2: I've already told Jeff I want our next cruise to be a Disney Cruise but we may have to give up some Disneyland trips to accomplish that one because I really want to do Alaska again. We did Alaska out of San Francisco for our 1st Anniversary (on Princess) and loved it!!! Now it's time to do it on Disney!!!

Yay!!! Congratulations Jeremy!! I hope the toothfairy didn't forget to come...

On a side note... When Allison lost her first tooth - it became a money making scheme for her... She started forcing all of he teeth out... Eventually she didn't have any teeth left to get $$ for. :confused3 :rotfl2: She gave up on the $$ making venture very quickly... I think I have a picture here somewhere... (she would be so mad if she knew I shared this - LOL)

Alli4lostteeth-1.jpg

The tooth fairy made it!! It was hard but she managed to give him $2 with a Congratulations note. It was hard because he's on the top bunk and really held onto his pillow!!!! :rotfl2: Love the picture of Alli!!! She's such a cutie!!!

We've been very lucky and have had the same car insurance/home owners insurance for well over a decade... I remember having 2 really crappy insurance companies when we were first married... Then we realized we qualified for USAA - we are very lucky.

I hope you are able to get everything figured out and done sooner rather than later. And have fun shopping for new car seats... Make sure the old ones are destroyed, so no one digs them out to use them again... One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone buys a car seat at a garage sale... Sooo unsafe!

I got my insurance policy in August of 2003 when I bought my Ford Focus (before DH and I were together). When we got married the only vehicle he had was a company vehicle so we added him to my policy. I will say I have State Farm and yes they can be a little pricy compared to some but I've never had any problems with them anytime I've had to file a claim. This is my 1st one since August 2003!!!! Still waiting to hear who is considered at fault but from talking to one of the claims adjusters it sounds likes they are considering it to be the other guy not me!! Now just waiting to hear what happens when they talk to the other guy's insurance. He basically started to give a statement then decided he better talk to his insurance first. :confused3 Wonder why? I think it's because he figured out he was in the wrong!!!

We did purchase 3 new car seats today and I sent over the receipt to my insurance today. So hopefully I'll have a check to reimburse them by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

Yesterday... Well - I did no sewing at all. :confused

Alli started off cleaning the livingroom... Once she was done with that, she helped me move all of the furniture out of the kitchen/diningroom and into the living room - so I could scrub floors - Alli went around ahead of me, and scrubbed all the baseboard and heat vents - which was very helpful. I have not done any spring cleaning this year - so I was over due for this anyways... I've been dreading this for a while now - and I keep putting it off, because I know we are going to rip it out really soon to start the remodel... I was actually thinking we'd be started by now, but we are not. Oh well... Kitchen/diningroom is clean... All I have left to do is clean and vaccuum the staircase, sweep and dust mop the upstairs hallway, and organize my sewing room... Oh, and I should do windows while I am at it...

Today, I plan to spend some time in my sewing room - finishing up those half done projects on my counter. Then around lunch time, I have to run Alli's friends home (she had a sleep over last night)... Then home again to spend some time with the family. :thumbsup2

Nothing too exciting here...

Trip stuff (in light of Kathy's post being locked yesterday, I figure I better add some trip planning stuff in here...)

I am really getting anxious to begin working on some of our custom bags... I have so many ideas, and so much drawn out. :lovestruc And now that our headbands are filtering in... well - It just makes it all the more exciting for me! :thumbsup2

Stay tuned... I have a couple of our Mini-Planner days to post.

D~

Can Alli come to California and clean my condo? I really hate cleaning!!!! :rotfl:

Plans look great!!!

ladylyons - Glad you got your van back and are getting new car seats. I hope the insurance gets figured out soon. The cruise pictures are great, sounds like a great trip. I don't blame your daughter, I would cry too.

Thank you!! We did have a great time!! I didn't want to leave either!!! I'll be calling insurance on Tuesday to see if we've moved forward any. It was actually kind of fun to shop for new car seats but I hated paying for them upfront. :( Hopefully I'll be reimbursed by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

D,
Where do you buy Orthaheels? I've never seen them before. they look worth a look up! but I have such wide feet I have to try things on before buying.

I just got a new pair of asics too. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Womens-A...nning-Shoes-Black-Onyx-Confetti-/380646378802 It took about 20 minutes in the store to decide if it was worth an extra $20 for rainbow colored shoes and at what age does one outgrow rainbow shoes. They feel really good on my feet and I've felt like that with other asics. In the end I got the rainbow shoes. The kids at school, LOVE them! I figure I may be earning some cool teacher points or something.

I wore my uber expensive asics last year and Disney and they were great. I fully credit them for being nearly pain free for 3/4 of my trip!

Just a very brief post before I head out the door for work. Just found out that Kat is not in Okinawa - she never left Guam. Apparently, as they were loading her onto the plane, she suffered a setback from the underlying medical problem. She had a significant blood loss. She can't be moved on the medevac route until she is stable, so her Dad is in contact with the higher ups to see if they can move her on an emergency flight. The hospital in Guam, while good, does not have the neurological program that she needs. Prayers please! And again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is one special young lady!

oh no.
Wishing her well!

How great that you got help from Alli to clean. Sounds like you two got a lot of cleaning done yesterday. I have to say that the school breads in Norway doesn't look that good. The real thing is much nicer.

I have the recipe for school bread if you would like to try it at home :)

We did get a lot done, however - you'd never know it now. :headache: Josh and MM were gardening all day yesterday, and now I have mud tracked through out the house... I think I am giving up - it is what it is...

Oh I am sure the real thing is much better... I would love the recipe, especially a real Norwegian recipe for school bread... Is this something that you eat a lot of in your country?

D~ loving your plans, your trip is getting so close

Hi Sheila! Yes - it is approaching very quickly... I am getting a bit nervous! Right now I am in "don't spend a dime unless it's for Disney" mode... :rolleyes1

D-I've just gotten caught up. I got a nasty cold after my trip. Folks at work are saying it hangs on for 2-4 weeks. I'm at two weeks now and really exhausted. I feel tons better but still not 100% yet. DH & kids are at his sister's today so I'm being a slug in the hopes of beating this thing. Getting caught up here was prefect for my quiet day!

I am sorry you have not been feeling well - hopefully it doesn't hang on much longer.

Love your ginger bread house bag! Loved the hot pink zipper! I once had tea at the GF on a November trip and we had a front row seat to watching the chef putting the chimney on. It was quite a site. One of my travel companions went up to him with a plastic fork and asked for a sample. the chef graciously got us each a roof shingle cookie. The chef was one who has been on Disney travel shows.

Thanks! That is a really cool story! So, do they actually sell pieces of the house? Or were you there at the right time?

Tell V she looked stunning for her dance! And adorable in the shopping cart.

I will - LOL

The sandals you posted looked comfy but since I don't have plantar fasciitis I don't know that they would work for me. I have a tough time finding sandals that don't rub my scars the wrong way. I can wear croc flip flops for a while but not all day.

I am very hit or miss with mine... And I can't really wear my Orthaheels all day in the parks... I usually wear my tennies in the morning, then switch off to my Orthaheels after our break. I can wear them all day long at home though - no matter what I am doing. :confused3

Good luck with your AC. I think I mentioned we needed to do that for my DHs car but I had forgotten we already did last August before we left it with the friend who was picking us up at the airport. Thankfully it is still working this year.

I am just trying to get through the weekend with Suzi and Mo here - praying it won't be too uncomfortable. :wizard: As much as I didn't want to - I had to push it off for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes1 Glad yours is still working, hope it stays that way.

Your trip plans look great. I need to work on that. The only ADR I have made is CP same time as you. Now that Lizzy & Joe eat like adults table service meals get pretty pricey. I think we might take advantage of the kitchen in the villas and eat a few meals in on this trip. DH says he doesn't want to cook on vacation but I find eating out every meal gets old. I think a few easy meals in the villa will be more relaxing.

I totally get that... Both girls are Disney adults... Which is why I do the dining plan now. I could pay OOP, but then we wouldn't get desserts... basically our desserts end up being free... Not that we NEED desserts... :rolleyes1 I agree - it is nice to cook a couple of easy meals during vacation... once we are at the end of ours - we are very sick of restaurant eating. This year - we have a couple of pasta & salad meals planned, which will help immensely - I think.

Love your headbands!!! I'm sure they will be perfect with what you are making! Can't wait to see it all together. I'm sure you'll get it all done.

Thanks! I am beyond thrilled with them. We really aren't doing any custom outfits this time around. :eek: V has her MI skirt that we made about a month ago, which she is wearing with a plain tank top. She also plans to wear her Goofy skirt again. I do have a few tanks that we are planning to straight stitch some felt appliques on to... but for the most part - this trip will be all about the accessories. :thumbsup2 I think it will be a lot of FUN!

love your mini planner pages

Thank you! :lovestruc

I love your little mini daily planner...especially since I'm in it. Seriously, I love them.

LOL Thanks Kathy! I am not even sure that the day you are on is the actual day we are meeting? LOL I know both of our plans have gone through revisions - but I figure we can iron that out later... we'll make it work somehow. :wizard:

D~ I peeked at your post and those headbands are absolutely gorgeous. V is going to be so popular in the parks. Your planning pages looks great. The addition of the snacks to try and Dismeets are genius.

Thanks! I am sooo super excited about them! It will for sure add a lot of fun to our trip!

I wanted to cry too!!! But was able to hold it all together!! I've already told Jeff I want our next cruise to be a Disney Cruise but we may have to give up some Disneyland trips to accomplish that one because I really want to do Alaska again. We did Alaska out of San Francisco for our 1st Anniversary (on Princess) and loved it!!! Now it's time to do it on Disney!!!

Glad you were able to hold it together. And I would sooo love to take a Disney cruise... We were watching the show that just aired a few weeks ago about the Disney Cruise Line, and it just looks so magnificant.

The tooth fairy made it!! It was hard but she managed to give him $2 with a Congratulations note. It was hard because he's on the top bunk and really held onto his pillow!!!! Love the picture of Alli!!! She's such a cutie!!!

LOL - V was always the same way... Sometimes, getting it out from under her pillow was a bit tricky... That's why I always made Josh be the Toothfairy - believe it or not, he is much more graceful than I am. :rolleyes1

I got my insurance policy in August of 2003 when I bought my Ford Focus (before DH and I were together). When we got married the only vehicle he had was a company vehicle so we added him to my policy. I will say I have State Farm and yes they can be a little pricy compared to some but I've never had any problems with them anytime I've had to file a claim. This is my 1st one since August 2003!!!! Still waiting to hear who is considered at fault but from talking to one of the claims adjusters it sounds likes they are considering it to be the other guy not me!! Now just waiting to hear what happens when they talk to the other guy's insurance. He basically started to give a statement then decided he better talk to his insurance first. Wonder why? I think it's because he figured out he was in the wrong!!!

I have heard good things about State Farm, glad they are working with you so well. HOpefully everything will be wrapped up in your favor soon.

We did purchase 3 new car seats today and I sent over the receipt to my insurance today. So hopefully I'll have a check to reimburse them by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

What a relief to have that done... HOpefully you are reimbursed quickly.

Can Alli come to California and clean my condo? I really hate cleaning!!!!

Plans look great!!!

I am sure she would love to!

D,
Where do you buy Orthaheels? I've never seen them before. they look worth a look up! but I have such wide feet I have to try things on before buying.

I used to buy them online at a store - but they've since cleared out all their stock on those. You can order from www.orthaheel.com - If I remember correctly - they do have a Canadian website.

I just got a new pair of asics too. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Womens-A...nning-Shoes-Black-Onyx-Confetti-/380646378802 It took about 20 minutes in the store to decide if it was worth an extra $20 for rainbow colored shoes and at what age does one outgrow rainbow shoes. They feel really good on my feet and I've felt like that with other asics. In the end I got the rainbow shoes. The kids at school, LOVE them! I figure I may be earning some cool teacher points or something.

I love those! I actually have my eyes on a similar pair... If I do decide to get them, it will be after our trip is paid in full though. But I agree - they are awesome!

I wore my uber expensive asics last year and Disney and they were great. I fully credit them for being nearly pain free for 3/4 of my trip!

That's awesome!

I finished up a couple of little sewing projects yesterday...

Then I took a very short nap... :rolleyes1

Josh and MM started planting the gardens again for this year. We are renting a 1/4 acre with our next door neighbor from a farmer in town... Last year we split it between us and 3 other families, but 2 of the families couldn't participate this year... So we are splitting it in half. We are also doing our small salad garden on our land... I wish I could say that I help with this, but it's mostly Josh and the girls - I have the brownest thumb ever. :rolleyes1 However - I did invest in a really awesome salad spinner a few weeks ago... After last year's major malfunction with my previous salad spinner and a garden FULL of salad to clean... The investment is going to get lots of use. :thumbsup2

I have 2 very small projects to finish up in my sewing room today - they should take me less than 15 minutes... I may work on one other small straggler project too. I don't want to spend more than an hour in my sewing room today though - as I promised myself a day off... I've been working very hard up there lately, and I really need to force myself to relax for a day. :rolleyes:

I don't have any custom orders scheduled for this week. But I do have my BIG June auction approaching... I still have 2 more bag sets to complete, and a few accessories I'd like to throw in. I am hoping to get one of those bag sets done before Suzi and Mo get here. That will give me 2 weeks to finish the other set and some accessories... I think it's do-able. popcorn:: Then I can start on our own trip customs in my spare time! WHOOT!

Only 3 more days until our BIG MOA Mini-Dismeet!

Super thrilled and excited for this! It is going to be tons of fun! We have lots of great things planned... and Josh is even making us dinner one night, so they can meet him, the girls and MM. :wizard: We did some menu planning last night - and I am getting hungry just thinking about it. :rolleyes1

Alrighty... I hope you all have a wonderful day - and remember to keep all of those who have lost their lives for us (and those that haven't), their families and friends in your prayers today. :lovestruc

D~

Quick drive by..

After 5 kids, we found the best thing about the tooth fairy is she (or he) does not like to have to look for a tooth...so they are put into a ziplock baggie and the kids decorate it with sharpies...

Then, they are required to leave it on the bedside table! We did a population explosion chart and showed how the large population, added to the fact that every night at least a million kids loose a tooth... meant that the tooth fairy was loosing money...because there was a glut on missing tooth-s and she was having problems selling them back in to who ever she sold them to... so she repaid the kids that left them easy to find with more money! (our dentist actually gave us this idea!)

Problem solved!

Nini

Just started reading your pretrip and had to comment on your calendar pages. What program did you use to make them? I would love to make some for our upcoming November trip.

When I was little (8-10 years old) my mother often baked skoleboller (School bread) at home. They have skoleboller in every bakery. It is a popular pastrie now a days as well even if I haven't eaten it in many years.

The recipe is rather simple. Don’t be put off by the number of steps! The homemade vanilla custard can easily be substituted with a store bought mix or even a good vanilla pudding.

The dough is allowed a quick one-hour rise before being formed into cute, little, buns and indented to make room for that tasty, tasty vanilla custard.

Recipe for School Bread

Recipe makes about 14- 6” buns or 24- 4” buns
(recipe can easily be halved)

For the buns:

2 cups (5 dl) milk (preferably full-fat, but 1% or 2% will work too), luke warm
2 oz. (50 grams) Fresh yeast, or 2 T. active dry yeast
1/2 cup (100 grams) butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup (1 dl) sugar
1 1/2 t. cardamom
6 – 7 cups (650- 750 grams) All-Purpose flour

For the vanilla custard:

4 egg yolks
1/4 cup (1/ dl) sugar
1 3/4 cups (4 dl) full-fat milk
1 t. vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
1 T. cornstarch

For the sugar glaze and topping:
1 cup (100 grams) powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1 t. water
+ desiccated coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) for topping

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the luke warm milk. Add the melted (and cooled) butter, the sugar, cardamom, and 5 cups (550 grams) of the flour. Blend well.
2. Slowly add more flour until a smooth, slightly sticky dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface and knead for a minute or two until a soft dough is formed. Add another tablespoon or two of flour, if needed to prevent sticking.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic, and allow to rise to double its’ size, about 1 hour.

This would be a good time to make your vanilla custard (ingredients above and instructions below):

4. Punch the dough down, divide into small balls (12-14 will make the traditional, large skoleboller, while 22-24 will make nice, Weight Watchers portions).
5. Form each ball into an evenly round, flat bun. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray with at least an inch between each one. Cover with a clean dishcloth and allow to make a second rise for about 20 minutes. In the mean time, preheat oven to 400F (200C).
6. After the 20 minute rising period is up, use the back of a spoon to create a good-sized indentation in the center of each bun (about the size of a soup spoon).
7. Place a generous spoonful of the egg custard in the center of each indentation. Bake on the bottom rack for 10-12 minutes. Take your skoleboller out when they begin to slightly brown on the tops and the egg custard is just starting to set.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack. The vanilla custard will set a bit once cooled down. Once cooled, you can drizzle your confectioner’s sugar glaze – simply whisk the powdered sugar and water together. The glaze should be white, not translucent, and should be able to drizzle but not run, add more sugar or water, accordingly).
9. Once glazed, dip your buns into a bowl or plate full of the desiccated coconut and swirl around a bit until all of the glaze is sufficiently covered with the coconut- careful not to destroy your custard centers.
10. Serve with coffee and milk at home, at school, at the office, at social hour, at a birthday party, on a picnic, on a hike, or anywhere else that seems fit.

To make the vanilla custard:
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together very well.
2. Bring the whole milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture into the milk, whisking briskly. Add the vanilla.
3. While your egg and milk mixture is still simmering, add the cornstarch, little-by-little, whisking briskly. Allow the cornstarch to fully dissolve and the custard to thicken while stirring the entire time. It will take about 3- 5 minutes for the custard to thicken enough.
4. Allow to cool on a ice water bath.

It is served with a glass of milk for the kids and a cup of coffee for the grown ups

When I was little (8-10 years old) my mother often baked skoleboller (School bread) at home. They have skoleboller in every bakery. It is a popular pastrie now a days as well even if I haven't eaten it in many years.

The recipe is rather simple. Don’t be put off by the number of steps! The homemade vanilla custard can easily be substituted with a store bought mix or even a good vanilla pudding.

The dough is allowed a quick one-hour rise before being formed into cute, little, buns and indented to make room for that tasty, tasty vanilla custard.

Recipe for School Bread

Recipe makes about 14- 6” buns or 24- 4” buns

For the buns:

1/2 cup (1 dl) sugar
1 1/2 t. cardamom
6 – 7 cups (650- 750 grams) All-Purpose flour

For the vanilla custard:

4 egg yolks
1/4 cup (1/ dl) sugar
1 T. cornstarch

1 cup (100 grams) powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1 t. water

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the luke warm milk. Add the melted (and cooled) butter, the sugar, cardamom, and 5 cups (550 grams) of the flour. Blend well.
2. Slowly add more flour until a smooth, slightly sticky dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface and knead for a minute or two until a soft dough is formed. Add another tablespoon or two of flour, if needed to prevent sticking.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic, and allow to rise to double its’ size, about 1 hour.

This would be a good time to make your vanilla custard (ingredients above and instructions below):

4. Punch the dough down, divide into small balls (12-14 will make the traditional, large skoleboller, while 22-24 will make nice, Weight Watchers portions).
5. Form each ball into an evenly round, flat bun. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray with at least an inch between each one. Cover with a clean dishcloth and allow to make a second rise for about 20 minutes. In the mean time, preheat oven to 400F (200C).
6. After the 20 minute rising period is up, use the back of a spoon to create a good-sized indentation in the center of each bun (about the size of a soup spoon).
7. Place a generous spoonful of the egg custard in the center of each indentation. Bake on the bottom rack for 10-12 minutes. Take your skoleboller out when they begin to slightly brown on the tops and the egg custard is just starting to set.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack. The vanilla custard will set a bit once cooled down. Once cooled, you can drizzle your confectioner’s sugar glaze – simply whisk the powdered sugar and water together. The glaze should be white, not translucent, and should be able to drizzle but not run, add more sugar or water, accordingly).
9. Once glazed, dip your buns into a bowl or plate full of the desiccated coconut and swirl around a bit until all of the glaze is sufficiently covered with the coconut- careful not to destroy your custard centers.
10. Serve with coffee and milk at home, at school, at the office, at social hour, at a birthday party, on a picnic, on a hike, or anywhere else that seems fit.

2. Bring the whole milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture into the milk, whisking briskly. Add the vanilla.
3. While your egg and milk mixture is still simmering, add the cornstarch, little-by-little, whisking briskly. Allow the cornstarch to fully dissolve and the custard to thicken while stirring the entire time. It will take about 3- 5 minutes for the custard to thicken enough.

It is served with a glass of milk for the kids and a cup of coffee for the grown ups

I used to have a recipe very similar... not sure what happened to it...this is going in our get ready for Disney file!

Thanks!

Nini

Thanks! That is a really cool story! So, do they actually sell pieces of the house? Or were you there at the right time?
I found a couple pics I had on photobucket.
Putting on the chimney-you can't see that he's sweating in this photo!

Putting the snow on the roof:

They do sell cookies but the shop wasn't open when we were there but he gave each of the 4 of us a cookie-very nice! I was embarrassed when my friend went up to the chef with the plastic fork (I had seen him on TV!) but it all ended well!:thumbsup2

The Disney food blog did an article on the 2012 displays. I was at BWI when that put that one up in November-amazing how fast that one went up! Wish I had know they sold that BWI pin with chef Stitch I so would have bought that for my Stitch fan!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/15/2012-walt-disney-world-gingerbread-holiday-displays/

I am very hit or miss with mine... And I can't really wear my Orthaheels all day in the parks... I usually wear my tennies in the morning, then switch off to my Orthaheels after our break. I can wear them all day long at home though - no matter what I am doing. :confused3
I found a local store that is listed on their site so I might have to go try some on. I only took one extra pair of sneakers and have my croc flip flops in my Owners' Locker for my May trip so that we could do our 8 night trip in one checked bag and not do laundry. I was really wishing I had brought more choices with me. August will be a lot easier as there will be 5 of us to lug the bags and we'll be able to do laundry in the villa. I'll definitely be bringing more shoes with me. AND we'll be touring at a much slower pace. May was fun trying to show a first timer (only timer :sad2:) everything but it was EXHAUSTING!

I am just trying to get through the weekend with Suzi and Mo here - praying it won't be too uncomfortable. :wizard: As much as I didn't want to - I had to push it off for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes1 Glad yours is still working, hope it stays that way.
:wizard:Hope you get a cool weekend! I'm hoping ours will last through August-they did warn DH that it had a small leak that they didn't think was worth fixing-they just recharged it. I think that it is still working now is a good sign. The GF jokester is the one who will be picking us up at the airport (I hope-haven't actually confirmed the dates with them yet). He picked us up last year at 2am when our flight was delayed so the least we owe him is a "comfortable" car!

I totally get that... Both girls are Disney adults... Which is why I do the dining plan now. I could pay OOP, but then we wouldn't get desserts... basically our desserts end up being free... Not that we NEED desserts... :rolleyes1 I agree - it is nice to cook a couple of easy meals during vacation... once we are at the end of ours - we are very sick of restaurant eating. This year - we have a couple of pasta & salad meals planned, which will help immensely - I think.
Yes-now we're 5 "adults". Emma is so picky that there is no way she could get value out of the DDP. Lizzy's appetite is larger than kids meal but not full adult. Joe would totally get value out of the DDP (don't know where he puts it). I know we wouldn't get value out of DDP in the summer-too hot to eat too much. I think we'll do some TS lunches (we all enjoy Via Napoli, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose, LTT -most not too much more than CS) and at least one special signature dinner-I canceled Flying Fish on my birthday so we have to go there. Then do lots of CS meals and supplement in the villa. There are some great CS places.

Thanks! I am beyond thrilled with them. We really aren't doing any custom outfits this time around. :eek: V has her MI skirt that we made about a month ago, which she is wearing with a plain tank top. She also plans to wear her Goofy skirt again. I do have a few tanks that we are planning to straight stitch some felt appliques on to... but for the most part - this trip will be all about the accessories. :thumbsup2 I think it will be a lot of FUN!
Sounds SUPER FUN!!! My girls won't wear skirts.:sad2: I bought some Monster's U fabric that Emma LOVES. She tried to tell me I could figure out some way to just applique a piece of it onto a T but I think I've got her talked into a Bowling style shirt. I'm hoping to even make myself one. Then maybe I could make the other 3 applique T's of MI characters. I remember seeing the movie in the theater when it first came out. Boo reminded me so much of Lizzy at that age! OH...and since I'm posting from my desktop and can easily add photos (vs iPad) I have to share this photo from my 50th bday trip when I was there for Pixar Weekend and saw Boo! She was SOOOOOO stinking cute!!!

Josh and MM started planting the gardens again for this year.

I've been working very hard up there lately, and I really need to force myself to relax for a day.

Only 3 more days until our BIG MOA Mini-Dismeet!
I'm sure your (um "their":laughing:) garden will be great and you'll get lots of use of your salad spinner.

Enjoy your well deserved day off!

You guys are all going to have so much fun!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Alrighty... I hope you all have a wonderful day - and remember to keep all of those who have lost their lives for us (and those that haven't), their families and friends in your prayers today. :lovestruc

Glad you were able to hold it together. And I would sooo love to take a Disney cruise... We were watching the show that just aired a few weeks ago about the Disney Cruise Line, and it just looks so magnificant.

I think I watched the same one!! The ships look gorgeous and it looks like the kids and parent's have so much fun together!! We have fun no matter what but when you add Disney to the mix it makes it that much better! Only downfall for me right now besides price is I have to get James potty trained and he has to be 3 to go into the kids club. So we've got some time to start saving and talk DH into it!!

LOL - V was always the same way... Sometimes, getting it out from under her pillow was a bit tricky... That's why I always made Josh be the Toothfairy - believe it or not, he is much more graceful than I am. :rolleyes1

It was tricky! Jeff ended up using our Mickey Hand grabbers to get it. We had Jeremy put it into an envelope that he decorated so it did make it just a little bit easier to get to it.

I have heard good things about State Farm, glad they are working with you so well. HOpefully everything will be wrapped up in your favor soon.

My parent's have had State Farm for a very long time (over 30 years) and when we were in a very bad car accident when I was 17, we were hit by a drunk, uninsured driver and they took care of every thing with little to no problems. I've priced out other insurance companies but since I've been with them so long now I can't get anything cheaper so we stay with them. Thanks!! I hope I hear something soon on who is at fault. I just want this all done and behind us!!

What a relief to have that done... HOpefully you are reimbursed quickly.

I am glad that it's done also!! Would have preferred to have had it done before we went on the cruise but unfortunately we didn't have time to do any research on car seats and what we wanted. We got all 3 kids new Graco's. Jeremy got a new high back booster, Sarah got a new 5 point harness that converts to a booster that can be used with the seatbelt and James got a new rear facing that can go forward facing when we are ready to do it. We know James can already be forward facing but I've found it very convenient to keep him rear facing because the other 2 kids keep him entertained!! Plus the new seat can be rear facing up to 40 lbs and James is only about 28 lbs.

I am sure she would love to!

Another plus is we are only about 30 mins from San Francisco so she could see could see some of the fun sites there too!! :rotfl:

Glad you got some stuff done and got that nap in. Those are important too!!!

It'd be fun to do a garden but like you I'd kill it!! Jeff just doesn't have the time or else I'm sure we'd go rent a spot like you guys are doing.

Quick drive by..

After 5 kids, we found the best thing about the tooth fairy is she (or he) does not like to have to look for a tooth...so they are put into a ziplock baggie and the kids decorate it with sharpies...

Then, they are required to leave it on the bedside table! We did a population explosion chart and showed how the large population, added to the fact that every night at least a million kids loose a tooth... meant that the tooth fairy was loosing money...because there was a glut on missing tooth-s and she was having problems selling them back in to who ever she sold them to... so she repaid the kids that left them easy to find with more money! (our dentist actually gave us this idea!)

Problem solved!

Nini

I love the idea of it being left on the table!!! May have to do that next time and going forward with the other 2. We did have him decorate an envelope and put the tooth in there because when I was talking to my mom about it she told me it was soooo hard at times to find the tooth because it would move (or I'd have it clutched in my hand :rotfl2:). Plus the other problem was I was a very light sleeper as a kid so the slightest noises would wake me up.

no one losing teeth here for a LONG time (unless you count the need for partials :rotfl: ) my "kids" are 36 and 38 When they were little they each had a little pillow (or maybe they shared it who really remembers) but it had written on it "Tooth Fairy" and had a little Tink looking fairy on it There was an itty bitty pocket on the front of it for the tooth ....no hassles putting hands under pillows .....you are all so handy should be a cinch to duplicate :thumbsup2

Since you asked...

Kat is stable and they will evaluate her tonight (today in Guam - actually tomorrow already!) to see if she can go on the medevac flight tomorrow. She will be going to Honolulu, where they will at least keep her overnight for further evaluation, then hopefully home to Bethesda - which is only about an hour - hour and a half from home.

DH and I went for a 2.5 mile walk today and then power washed the deck. I finished planting my veggies - replacement cucumbers and zucchini, and then I cleaned the kitchen, put away laundry, etc. I'm exhausted....

I want to post pictures, but I need to add some more and I'm not going to get to it tomorrow either. Our planning commission secretary passed away last week and the service is tomorrow night. I also have a quilt guild meeting.
And Charlie's car has to go in the shop in the morning - something wrong with the brakes. We spend so much money at the mechanic's that they send us a Christmas card.:rotfl2:

Thanks D I'll look into the Orthaheels.

Alright I know you commented on my PTR, but I figured I'd post the official days here for our trip. There will be NO changing of times or days from here on out lol The only change that could but is unlikely to happen is that I asked about adding 1 more day for Epcot at the end. V's mom will probably say no.

If I remember correctly for us it is the 21st and 22nd that work for a meet up. we'll probably catch a glimpse of you at dinner and hoping to meet others at the dessert party assuming. Would be nice to catch up at AK the next day if we see you. Also would be nice to meet any other Disers around!

8/20 -- o'hana at 10:50 & HDDR at 4
8/21 --Magic Kingdom--BBB at 8:35 am, CRT at 4:25 and Wishes Dessert Party
8/22 --Animal Kingdom-- Tusker House 8:15 am
8/23 --Hollywood Studios-- Play&Dine 8am & 50's Primetime at 6:20
8/24 --OFF DAY-- Late morning and lunch at DTD, POFQ Pool early afternoon & Park Fare dinner at 4:45 pm
8/25 --Magic Kingdom-- Family Magic Tour 10am & BOG at 4:55
8/26 --Epcot-- no ADRs
8/27 -- Magic Kingdom-- Park Fare 8:15 & Chef Mickey 5pm

Quick drive by..

Problem solved!

Nini

I could have used your idea - oh - about 10 years ago. :laughing:

Just started reading your pretrip and had to comment on your calendar pages. What program did you use to make them? I would love to make some for our upcoming November trip.

Hi! Welcome! I make my calendar pages in Photoshop, but there have been others here who have made them in Word, and they have turned out very nice. :lovestruc If you decide to make them, I would love to see!

Happy Memorial Day. Hope you get your projects done.

Thank you Chiara - same to you! I was able to get done most of what I needed to get done... Ready to start fresh this morning.

The recipe is rather simple. Dont be put off by the number of steps! The homemade vanilla custard can easily be substituted with a store bought mix or even a good vanilla pudding.

Recipe for School Bread

Recipe makes about 14- 6 buns or 24- 4 buns

For the buns:

1/2 cup (1 dl) sugar
1 1/2 t. cardamom
6  7 cups (650- 750 grams) All-Purpose flour

For the vanilla custard:

4 egg yolks
1/4 cup (1/ dl) sugar
1 T. cornstarch

1 cup (100 grams) powdered (confectioners) sugar
1 t. water

3. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic, and allow to rise to double its size, about 1 hour.

8. Allow to cool on a wire rack. The vanilla custard will set a bit once cooled down. Once cooled, you can drizzle your confectioners sugar glaze  simply whisk the powdered sugar and water together. The glaze should be white, not translucent, and should be able to drizzle but not run, add more sugar or water, accordingly).

This looks insanely delicious!!! Maybe I will find the time this summer to make it... :wizard:

I found a couple pics I had on photobucket.
Putting on the chimney-you can't see that he's sweating in this photo!

Putting the snow on the roof:

They do sell cookies but the shop wasn't open when we were there but he gave each of the 4 of us a cookie-very nice! I was embarrassed when my friend went up to the chef with the plastic fork (I had seen him on TV!) but it all ended well!:thumbsup2

The Disney food blog did an article on the 2012 displays. I was at BWI when that put that one up in November-amazing how fast that one went up! Wish I had know they sold that BWI pin with chef Stitch I so would have bought that for my Stitch fan!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/15/2012-walt-disney-world-gingerbread-holiday-displays/

That is really cool that you got to see that... How fun... Some day I will get to WDW during the holidays.

I found a local store that is listed on their site so I might have to go try some on. I only took one extra pair of sneakers and have my croc flip flops in my Owners' Locker for my May trip so that we could do our 8 night trip in one checked bag and not do laundry. I was really wishing I had brought more choices with me. August will be a lot easier as there will be 5 of us to lug the bags and we'll be able to do laundry in the villa. I'll definitely be bringing more shoes with me. AND we'll be touring at a much slower pace. May was fun trying to show a first timer (only timer ) everything but it was EXHAUSTING!

Definately try them on if you can first... They do take a bit of getting used to. I've found that most people either love them or hate them... They do run big though.

Hope you get a cool weekend! I'm hoping ours will last through August-they did warn DH that it had a small leak that they didn't think was worth fixing-they just recharged it. I think that it is still working now is a good sign. The GF jokester is the one who will be picking us up at the airport (I hope-haven't actually confirmed the dates with them yet). He picked us up last year at 2am when our flight was delayed so the least we owe him is a "comfortable" car!

It looks like it will be a bit stormy and wet this weekend - kind of sad about that. We have had some very odd weather this year.

Hopefully your air lasts through summer.

Yes-now we're 5 "adults". Emma is so picky that there is no way she could get value out of the DDP. Lizzy's appetite is larger than kids meal but not full adult. Joe would totally get value out of the DDP (don't know where he puts it). I know we wouldn't get value out of DDP in the summer-too hot to eat too much. I think we'll do some TS lunches (we all enjoy Via Napoli, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose, LTT -most not too much more than CS) and at least one special signature dinner-I canceled Flying Fish on my birthday so we have to go there. Then do lots of CS meals and supplement in the villa. There are some great CS places.

I totally agree - there are a lot of great CS places! We get a LOT of use out of the DDP - it's so funny how families can be the same size and use everything so differently - that's what I love about Disney.

Sounds SUPER FUN!!! My girls won't wear skirts. I bought some Monster's U fabric that Emma LOVES. She tried to tell me I could figure out some way to just applique a piece of it onto a T but I think I've got her talked into a Bowling style shirt. I'm hoping to even make myself one. Then maybe I could make the other 3 applique T's of MI characters. I remember seeing the movie in the theater when it first came out. Boo reminded me so much of Lizzy at that age! OH...and since I'm posting from my desktop and can easily add photos (vs iPad) I have to share this photo from my 50th bday trip when I was there for Pixar Weekend and saw Boo! She was SOOOOOO stinking cute!!!

Awww... Boo is adorable! I am hoping to get some of that MI fabric - but I need to get to Joann's first... Maybe this week?

I'm sure your (um "their") garden will be great and you'll get lots of use of your salad spinner.

Enjoy your well deserved day off!

You guys are all going to have so much fun!!!!

Yes! Super excited for it!

I think I watched the same one!! The ships look gorgeous and it looks like the kids and parent's have so much fun together!! We have fun no matter what but when you add Disney to the mix it makes it that much better! Only downfall for me right now besides price is I have to get James potty trained and he has to be 3 to go into the kids club. So we've got some time to start saving and talk DH into it!!

I know - it looks sooo awesome! The only thing holding me back is the expense... And the fact that I have never been on a ship before... It seems like there are all these customs and rituals, and I have NO idea what they are all about. LOL

It was tricky! Jeff ended up using our Mickey Hand grabbers to get it. We had Jeremy put it into an envelope that he decorated so it did make it just a little bit easier to get to it.

LOL Brilliant!

My parent's have had State Farm for a very long time (over 30 years) and when we were in a very bad car accident when I was 17, we were hit by a drunk, uninsured driver and they took care of every thing with little to no problems. I've priced out other insurance companies but since I've been with them so long now I can't get anything cheaper so we stay with them. Thanks!! I hope I hear something soon on who is at fault. I just want this all done and behind us!!

Glad they took care of you back then, and I hope all of this gets settled soon.

I am glad that it's done also!! Would have preferred to have had it done before we went on the cruise but unfortunately we didn't have time to do any research on car seats and what we wanted. We got all 3 kids new Graco's. Jeremy got a new high back booster, Sarah got a new 5 point harness that converts to a booster that can be used with the seatbelt and James got a new rear facing that can go forward facing when we are ready to do it. We know James can already be forward facing but I've found it very convenient to keep him rear facing because the other 2 kids keep him entertained!! Plus the new seat can be rear facing up to 40 lbs and James is only about 28 lbs.

Very happy you got it all figured out. I kept my girls rear facing as along as possible... before keeping them rearfacing was proven to be safer... This was also back when rear facing car seats were only good to 20-25lbs.

Another plus is we are only about 30 mins from San Francisco so she could see could see some of the fun sites there too!!

LOL

Glad you got some stuff done and got that nap in. Those are important too!!!

It'd be fun to do a garden but like you I'd kill it!! Jeff just doesn't have the time or else I'm sure we'd go rent a spot like you guys are doing.

I love the idea of it being left on the table!!! May have to do that next time and going forward with the other 2. We did have him decorate an envelope and put the tooth in there because when I was talking to my mom about it she told me it was soooo hard at times to find the tooth because it would move (or I'd have it clutched in my hand :rotfl2:). Plus the other problem was I was a very light sleeper as a kid so the slightest noises would wake me up.

Hopefully this goes a little easier for you next time.

no one losing teeth here for a LONG time (unless you count the need for partials ) my "kids" are 36 and 38 When they were little they each had a little pillow (or maybe they shared it who really remembers) but it had written on it "Tooth Fairy" and had a little Tink looking fairy on it There was an itty bitty pocket on the front of it for the tooth ....no hassles putting hands under pillows .....you are all so handy should be a cinch to duplicate

There's a great idea for someone.

Since you asked...

Kat is stable and they will evaluate her tonight (today in Guam - actually tomorrow already!) to see if she can go on the medevac flight tomorrow. She will be going to Honolulu, where they will at least keep her overnight for further evaluation, then hopefully home to Bethesda - which is only about an hour - hour and a half from home.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I hope she was able to head home this time.

DH and I went for a 2.5 mile walk today and then power washed the deck. I finished planting my veggies - replacement cucumbers and zucchini, and then I cleaned the kitchen, put away laundry, etc. I'm exhausted....

Sounds like fun!

I want to post pictures, but I need to add some more and I'm not going to get to it tomorrow either. Our planning commission secretary passed away last week and the service is tomorrow night. I also have a quilt guild meeting.
And Charlie's car has to go in the shop in the morning - something wrong with the brakes. We spend so much money at the mechanic's that they send us a Christmas card.

Sounds like us this year... :rolleyes1

Thanks D I'll look into the Orthaheels.

Alright I know you commented on my PTR, but I figured I'd post the official days here for our trip. There will be NO changing of times or days from here on out lol The only change that could but is unlikely to happen is that I asked about adding 1 more day for Epcot at the end. V's mom will probably say no.

If I remember correctly for us it is the 21st and 22nd that work for a meet up. we'll probably catch a glimpse of you at dinner and hoping to meet others at the dessert party assuming. Would be nice to catch up at AK the next day if we see you. Also would be nice to meet any other Disers around!

8/20 -- o'hana at 10:50 & HDDR at 4
8/21 --Magic Kingdom--BBB at 8:35 am, CRT at 4:25 and Wishes Dessert Party
8/22 --Animal Kingdom-- Tusker House 8:15 am
8/23 --Hollywood Studios-- Play&Dine 8am & 50's Primetime at 6:20
8/24 --OFF DAY-- Late morning and lunch at DTD, POFQ Pool early afternoon & Park Fare dinner at 4:45 pm
8/25 --Magic Kingdom-- Family Magic Tour 10am & BOG at 4:55
8/26 --Epcot-- no ADRs
8/27 -- Magic Kingdom-- Park Fare 8:15 & Chef Mickey 5pm

It looks like the 21st and 22nd work well... It also looks like we will be in DTD on the 24th - but I have no idea what our exact plans are for that day - other than we will be at DTD at some point in the afternoon... I think we have an Ohana breakfast that morning, then we will head over to DTD from the Poly? We will see what we feel like... Maybe we will stop back at the resort and swim first? Not sure yet.

I was very happy that I finished up all of my straggler projects yesterday... With exception to one lanyard... I didn't realize I was out of clips - so I had to order more. Hopefully they get here soon, as I need them this week.

Today I am free and clear to start on my next auction bag... I am kind of excited about this one - I've decided to try out a new pattern, based off of an old pattern... Not sure how it will look, but I am doing a great subject matter on it - so hopefully that will help it if it doesn't look good. :laughing:

I am really just hoping to take it easy in my sewing room this week - yet I am hoping to get a lot accomplished. LOL :rotfl2:

I will have pictures up this morning of my latest custom order bag... I was able to get the last of it done yesterday too.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Many prayers going out to those who need them. :hug:

D~ <--- Who is excited... Only 2 more days until our Mini-MOA Dismeet! :woohoo:

I think I will leave you all with my next Mini-planner page...

Day5correctphotobucket.jpg

D~

Definately try them on if you can first... They do take a bit of getting used to. I've found that most people either love them or hate them... They do run big though.

Funny, I saw these at Belk's yesterday. They had just gotten them in, a whole table of styles. I was so excited until I tried one on :sad2: I don't know if I have flat feet or what, but I couldn't stand those high arches! I really wanted to like them! I ended up with a pair of Clark's that are pretty comfortable :goodvibes

Funny, I saw these at Belk's yesterday. They had just gotten them in, a whole table of styles. I was so excited until I tried one on :sad2: I don't know if I have flat feet or what, but I couldn't stand those high arches! I really wanted to like them! I ended up with a pair of Clark's that are pretty comfortable :goodvibes

Yes - they do have SUPER high arches... I think the problem is that most people are used to having the very flat shoes that are common with almost all shoes out there, so when they try on the high arches, they are just so uncomfortable. I am so used to them, that I can't wear shoes with the flatter arches anymore.

Now... I just need to decide what color to get. :lovestruc

D~

Well, I already have a black pair... I am thinking either gold, brown or red... I'd probably get the most use out of gold or brown - but red would be fun... I need to decide soon, so I can break them in properly before our trip. :)

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter