Aug crowds

Pammy jo

DIS Veteran
We'll be there mid August. Do many schools go back into session by then, therefore possibly lightening the summer load?

I'll be there the 13th - 18th, but I'm going solo.

The public schools in So.Cal do not typically go back into session until the beginning of Sept. But it will certainly lessen the school crowds from elsewhere in the US.

Either way, just be prepared for a fairly crowded trip and plan accordingly. If you go into it knowing it may not be "all yours", then it will be a lot more enjoyable.

I've never had a bad (overall) experience at Disneyland in the 100+ times I've gone...so just keep a relaxed head, and you'll do fine. Half the fun is being there during the 50th!

Our kids go back August 15. I think a lot of counties in FL go back mid August.

nowellsl said:
Our kids go back August 15. I think a lot of counties in FL go back mid August.

It looks like DL's hours are lessened starting Aug. 22nd, which means that they expect less crowds?

It will be EXTREMELY crowded. The average "big attraction ride" will be about a 2-3 hour wait.

LoriMistress said:
It will be EXTREMELY crowded. The average "big attraction ride" will be about a 2-3 hour wait.
Do you really think so? I have never been to DL in summer with this kind of average. I know this summer is special, and mid-July will be the worst. But 2-3 hours? I would expect Space Mtn. to be 2-3 hours (maybe more the first week), but I would expect the others to be 45-90 minutes mid-day except for Splash that might be 120 mid-day. The first and last two hours of the day the big rides will probably be 30 minutes at most.

HydroGuy said:
Do you really think so? I have never been to DL in summer with this kind of average. I know this summer is special, and mid-July will be the worst. But 2-3 hours? I would expect Space Mtn. to be 2-3 hours (maybe more the first week), but I would expect the others to be 45-90 minutes mid-day except for Splash that might be 120 mid-day. The first and last two hours of the day the big rides will probably be 30 minutes at most.

Hydro, you pretty much nailed it there. That's my experience with DL summertime waits. And the last weekend a half or so, the crowds start dropping off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter