Aug or June

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Which month would it be better to go? I am assuming that both are equally crowded, but how is the weather?

June--ranges from gloomy low-70s to not as gloomy 80s or 90s.
August--hot, hot, hot--mid-80s to 100+.

Our trip that was the last week in August was not nearly as crowded as the trip we took in June. It seemed like in June there were school busloads of teenagers.

dwwlmw said:
Our trip that was the last week in August was not nearly as crowded as the trip we took in June. It seemed like in June there were school busloads of teenagers.

Was this early or late June and did you go during the weekend?

It was the second week in June and it was during the week. It was also before California Adventure opened so that may make a difference in the crowd size. But it was so horrible that we swore we would never go in June again.

We always go the last week of August and we love it. It's hot but I have never found it unbearable. I didn't think the crowds were horrible, we were walking onto some of the rides in California Adventure.
Last year we went to WDW in May and there were a few days of high heat and humidity that were much worse than California in August.

Thank you dwwlmw!!! :) We usually go to WDW but I find the humidity really hard to bear though we adore Disneyworld so we decided to try Ca. I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We're wanting to go Aug. 25 thru Sep. 1 to DL/DCA as well as Universal and Knott's. We are planning on being in the parks morning and evenings while at the hotel for naps and swimming in afternoon. Is this doable or not? Will it still be too hot for little kids in mornings and evenings? We were hoping to go this summer as well as December. Any opinions for traveling with 3 kids and a 1YO?

I think that you have a good plan Eeyourcln. So. Cal is often cool in the mornings and evenings with the heat mostly in the late day. A break in the middle of the day for naps and swimming is a good idea.

Yes, August is hot, but as B9erSteve points out, not 24-7. Mornings and evenings are pretty darn nice. Highs in the 80s are most common, and if a heat wave hits, it usually doesn't last too many days. Just go spend an August in WDW and you will find the weather in Anaheim just fine. The last week of August is also pretty good for crowds, because many schools in CA. start at that time.

June weather is typically very pleasant. I would think the crowds would actually be lighter in June than the first few weeks of August even with the school trips. (But late August, as pointed out, if pretty good for crowds) Tourists and families seem to prefer July and early August from my experience. Also, this year, some may be putting their trip off until after Space Mountain re-launches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter