August 19, 2017 - Fantasy

Hi Everyone, We are thinking about booking this cruise in the next few weeks but I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on weather. Does the fact that it's nearing hurricane season make anyone else worried about rougher seas? Looking for input on anyone who has traveled at this time of year to a similar destination. We did the Fantasy a year ago and LOVED it but I'm a teacher so I really need to travel during summer break or other breaks and summer is the easiest. But I'm nervous about the weather since I'm so sensitive to motion sickness. Thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance!!
Hi,
I just switched to this one. It is our 9th Disney cruise. I've cruised in Aug before. It is hit or miss. It is hurricane season, so I have my fingers crossed. It is a risk we take getting the cruise cheaper.

Thank you for the feedback! We booked anyway since it worked for our schedule and we had so much fun on the last one. Cannot wait! Praying for smooth seas and good weather!

The Reed family ( Brett, Jennifer, and Brett ) is looking forward to our second cruise on the Fantasy. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the ship.

Last edited:

Hi all. Four of us sailing - me, my wife, and our sons who'll be 8 and 5. Deck 6 forward. This is our second cruise with Disney; we did a 3 night on the Dream last August and loved it.

Hello all. This will be our first cruise. We are all super excited! I have read a lot of stuff in Pinterest. How do we get into a fish extender group?!

Hey everyone! So excited, we're at 90 days!! This will be our third DCL trip, traveling with my DH, DD, and our two best friends. I have been reading this entire thread and it seems the fish extender group is located over on FB, right? I looked and there are over 250+ members. That's a lot of gifts... yikes!

Is anyone interested in doing a smaller group? I will happily track the group and email the spreadsheet to everyone prior to the cruise. We have done it on our other two cruises, with group totals of no more than maybe 40 people. It was great, and it didn't break the bank. Let me know by replying to this post. Thanks, all!!

For the first-time cruisers booking tonight/tomorrow, here's a quick rundown of what was sold out/available as of 10:45 PM EDT tonight. I didn't look at specialty dinner or spa availability:

Boarding Windows:

First two of the morning (10:30-10:45, 10:45-11:00) are sold out, all others remain.

Characters:

Frozen – First Sea Day, Falmouth Day, and Castaway Cay day sold out; Still available second sea day

Princess Gathering – Grand Cayman Day and Castaway Cay day sold out; Still available first and second sea day

Royal Court Tea – Second Sea Day sold out; Grand Cayman day still available

Dining:

Palo Brunch – First and Second Sea Day sold out

Remy Brunch has very limited availability on Second Sea Day

Sold Out Port Adventures:

Cozumel - Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel

Grand Cayman - Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach and Shipwreck Snuba

Falmouth – Nothing Sold Out

Castaway Cay – Abaco Backcountry Fishing, Abaco Flats Fly Fishing, and all the cabanas

Hey everyone! So excited, we're at 90 days!! This will be our third DCL trip, traveling with my DH, DD, and our two best friends. I have been reading this entire thread and it seems the fish extender group is located over on FB, right? I looked and there are over 250+ members. That's a lot of gifts... yikes!

Is anyone interested in doing a smaller group? I will happily track the group and email the spreadsheet to everyone prior to the cruise. We have done it on our other two cruises, with group totals of no more than maybe 40 people. It was great, and it didn't break the bank. Let me know by replying to this post. Thanks, all!!
I would be interested- just booked this cruise. We have done them in the past and they are so fun!

Hello, I'll be interested in joining.

We are a family with 3 children. The FB fish extender is clearly full and booked. WOuld love to be part of a "smaller" one as you had proposed.
We're in!
Are you still arranging it?
If so, would like to join.
Thanks!
A. Shah

A single Dad and his 15 year old son are embarking on their first cruise ever..........we can't wait !!!

We would like to do the fish extenders. Are you already in a group or should we make one up?
My family just did a last minute booking and so excited. We did the same disney cruise last Aug 2016 and had a great time, no problem with weather and really enjoyed being in a FE group. Do you know of any FE group still open? Would love to join if still open.

Hi! We (me, DH and DD) will also be on this cruise. This will be our fourth DCL cruise. We will be in 5534. Excited to stay in an extended verandah room! Not too concerned about the lack of privacy. Was hoping to meet other families on here like all of our other cruises but it seems most communicating is being done through Facebook. Unfortunately we are not on Facebook.

Hello! This will be our 6th DCL trip and third time on the fantasy. Looking forward to this trip! We have never joined a fish extender group. Did a smaller one ever get started for this cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!