August 2016 - Lets Plan Together Starting Now!!!

Our 18th trip, we can't wait!!!

Caribbean Beach 1993
Yacht Club 1993
Polynesian 1996
Port Orleans 1997
Wilderness Lodge 1998
Contemporary 2000
Polynesian 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Port Orleans French Quarter 2007
Port Orleans Riverside 2008
Beach Club 2009
Beach Club 2010
Beach Club 2011
Beach Club 2012
Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Beach Club 2016

Last edited:
My daughter and I check in on 8/22! We are staying at the CR having got a great deal last September. So excited about going again. Out first stay at CR and a deluxe with monorail service. Something we have always wanted to do.

Magic Bands for Aug 23-28 are here! I could not be more excited!! They took a bit longer to ship than I thought they would, but they both arrived in one piece!

yea we got ours too! Ours arrived a day earlier than the tracking said. We got ours on friday! Arrive on 25th. : )

Hi all - what a whirlwind week we've had. DH booked us through a travel agent into the Swan back in February and we were locked into at least the ticket portion so we missed free dining. Then, when the bounceback offer popped up this week he told me he'd book it, and I politely explained that as guests of the Swan we weren't eligible (this is why he shouldn't book trips without checking first, lol). He decided then to book a one night room only stay at a value...when I suggested that I call the travel agent and see if we could at least cancel the hotel portion...boom! All of a sudden we're booked into a Cars Suite at AoA 8/28-9/4! Then yesterday he started looking at the dining at the resort and determined the food court was reasonable...we had been planning to go offsite several times for meals, although we do have 3 TS meals booked and the Star Wars Dessert Party. Next thing you know...now we have the QSDP. Should be interesting because the last few trips we've upgraded free dining to DxDP because we like to eat in the Signatures each night. This trip, which I was kind of meh about, all of a sudden seems exciting and fun! Now I'm checking CS menus because I haven't eaten at a CS in a long time. I think this trip will be more relaxed and spontaneous and perfect for travel with DS12.

We have 16 days til our check-in at OKW on the 27th for 8 days & 7 nights!!! I was a little worried because I had an unforeseen problem. I have been helping my Dad with his health problems. He had a minor surgery on the 26th and ended up staying the night due to the surgeon getting behind and I stayed with him. I got home around 2 P.M. on the 27th and a couple hours later my stomach started aching and the I got intense pressure built up in my abdomen. I have had this happen 2 or 3 other times in the last year and usually it will go away by the next day and just leave me sore. This time that didn't happen. The pressure lessened but I was still hurting and got very tender in my lower abdomen. My wife finally got me to go to the doctor on the 30th and he sent me to the ER. Next thing I know I have the surgeon cutting out my appendix and telling me afterward that it had ruptured a bit and had abscessed and got infected. So that led to a 4 day hospital stay which really sucked, with me at home on the 2nd and with the follow up on the 8th finding out I still have 2 weeks of no lifting or excessive movement or anything strenuous. So I got lucky, but I am cutting it close between our arrival and when I will be physically able to get around without struggling, which takes a little extra for me sometimes due to my size. Also the Magicbands were sent on the 28th and I don't know when they got to my house but they were there when I returned from the hospital. It is funny to me that we booked this trip 5 months out and 4 weeks before check-in then I fall apart. Glad I will be good to go by then and I am feeling a lot better. Looking forward to getting out of this confinement and seeing some folks there. I can't wait!!!

I am officially under 24 hours before my flight departs! I swear, for some reason, the wait for this trip has been painful! lol

We're checking into the Coronado on Sunday! So excited!

How did you like the Coronado? We left there yesterday and loved it...but lots of walking. We were in Casitas 3, not too far from El Centro and bus stop 2, but looooong walk to the dig site pool. Lol still magical and miss it already!

Just got home from AOA and had a blast! Traveling with my in laws and a 2 year old was totally different than just us 2.... but we mad the best of it... we couldn't wait in lines longer than 15 minutes becusae of my daughters attention span but she had a blast! i asked if she wanted to go back and she said yes momma! next trip we want to stay at Poly or FQ : ) Not sure yet but it'll be 2 years from now.

How did you like the Coronado? We left there yesterday and loved it...but lots of walking. We were in Casitas 3, not too far from El Centro and bus stop 2, but looooong walk to the dig site pool. Lol still magical and miss it already!
We loved it. We were in Cabanas 8B. Very close to bus stop 4, but quite a walk from El Centro and the Dig Site, as well. Thankfully, we had a smaller pool right by us, so we were able to enjoy that, as well. But yes, the walk to El Centro was a bit much for my kids in the morning. I did though find that the rooms were a bit dated, but the grounds were really beautifully kept and relaxing.

On a side note, all the worrying about the weather was such a waste. It rained a ton Thursday night into Friday morning, but never ruined our plans.

Just booked BCV August 27th thru September 2nd. Sooooo excited to take my 17yr son and 14yr daughter. Love the location, stayed there 10 years ago and loved it. Can't wait!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!