August 2017 Disneyland Check-In & Chat!

So, our delayed flight was REALLY delayed and overbooked so when the airline was looking for three people to give up their seats and they were offering $1000 per person, we jumped at it...especially since we were going to miss out connecting flight anyway.
That's a great deal! Sounds like you had a great trip...we loved GotG, too!

That's a great deal! Sounds like you had a great trip...we loved GotG, too!

It is a great deal. We were likely going to miss our connecting flight to Victoria anyway and would have ended up being bumped to a later flight anyway. Might as well get bumped and get $3000US instead of just getting bumped!

It is a great deal. We were likely going to miss our connecting flight to Victoria anyway and would have ended up being bumped to a later flight anyway. Might as well get bumped and get $3000US instead of just getting bumped!
Absolutely!!!

We are back! Well we got back after midnight Thursday night/Friday morning, and I've been resting since then, lol. We had an awesome trip, even though (as mentioned above) it was very, very hot! They must be making a killing on those misting fans (yep.. we bought one, lol!)

A benefit of the crazy heat? No line ups! We walked on so many rides and used MaxPass and rider swap for the "bigger rides". My son (his very first trip!) was more than happy to ride Pooh three times in a row while the others in our group did Splash, and then rider swapped. The longest line we waited in was to meet Anna/Elsa/Olaf.. which was almost an hour. But it was inside the animation building and we were thankful for the a/c and a chance to rest for a bit.

We had so many magical moments..

Rope dropped our first morning and walked right on Pirates for our first ride of the trip (it was the day of the CHOC walk and a Magic morning, so we wanted to avoid fantasyland and tomorrowland first thing).

Donald Duck took my son by the hand and walked around Main St. The look on his face was priceless.. that single moment made the whole trip!

Dining at Blue Bayou for the first time and having a spot to sit during Fantasmic. It was also our first time watching Fantasmic - magic!

The fireworks were not canceled (our park days were Sunday-Wednesday, so the show and fireworks only happened our first day). We got a front row spot at the railing to watch the fireworks from our Fantasmic seating area.

A wonderful CM connected with us in the shop in Adventureland. After chatting with my kids, he asked if it was our first trip. I told him that 3 of us had been before, but that it was my son's first trip. The CM told us to wait there and he'd be right back. He came back with a "first visit" button for him :)

At Luigis, the CM overheard my son say he wanted "to drive" a red car, so he took us to the side and let us enter through the disability gate, so my son was the first one in and could grab a red car. (There was really no line up, but it was still a nice/magical touch!).

There was so much more, we all came home happy and exhausted! All in all.. a wonderful, wonderful trip! :wizard:

is the $3000 in cash or just airline credit?

Thanks. I've never been offered money to give up my seat. I only fly for work so I wonder if I would get the credit or if it would just be credited back to my works account.

Thanks. I've never been offered money to give up my seat. I only fly for work so I wonder if I would get the credit or if it would just be credited back to my works account.

The gate agent printed off three $1000USD vouchers, one with each of our names on them. No questions about crediting accounts, she just took all my info (name, phone and mailing address) and printed out the vouchers.

The gate agent printed off three $1000USD vouchers, one with each of our names on them. No questions about crediting accounts, she just took all my info (name, phone and mailing address) and printed out the vouchers.

Thanks for the info! I've always wondered how it worked.

Aldora, that's awesome with your flight . That's a lot of money towards another vacation. We would have taken it too.

So sad we're into Sept now and all our trips are done. Anyone planning another? Our next big trip isn't until 2019 (a cruise), but the trip after that will be Disney. My daughter was crying on the plane coming home that she was so sad it was over so we promised we'd do Disney again some day. It will probably be Disney World just cause it's closer to us (and DH and our kids like it a touch more, even though i prefer Disneyland).

What an amazing trip. I love Disneyland! We ended up taking advantage of MaxPass on our second day and loved it. As others have commented it was crazy hot, but we survived. I've started a trip report (link in my signature). It's mostly for me as not sure how many will actually read it. But it's a good way to keep the memories fresh in a diary format. I'll probably also do a photobook of our trip. These both help with post trip blues.

Hi guys! I kept seeing other months pop up but I couldn't find an August Check-In thread even after searching, so I figured I'd start one up!

Come post your dates, where you're staying if you'd like, and come chat about your planning, touring, and whatever else you'd like!

I'm going with two of my friends! It'll be my friend Liz's first time in California. I also super love planning so I'd love to hear what y'all are doing!

Dates

Just Peachy - July 31-August 5
DDhunter - August 1-5
Rachie0517 - August 1-8
Sew Into Disney - August 1-9
cgh - August 2-4
lmhall2000 - August 2-5
chicagodisfan - August 2-6
leagirl12 - August 2-7
buyerbrad - August 2-9
ezonline - August 3-7
DisneylandPlanner - August 4-9
lozzypop - August 4-12
butterfly123 - August 6-10
DISNEYFOURME - August 6-14
Canadian Girl 77 - August 7-12 or 14-19
JBF1982 - August 8-9
cindyland - August 8-11
littlemuffin06 - August 8-11
coloredimage - August 8-14
jcc0621 - August 9-18
hjgaus - August 11-13
DLmama - August 11-13
PrincessIM - August 11-16
Gin0818 - August 11-19
Princess Jes - August 11-15
BriannaRuth - August 12-18
cubed - August 13-16
disneymouse16 - August 13-16
Abbey1 - August 13-16
Cory's Gal - August 13-17
tesslor - August 13-17
22Tink - August 13-19
DaveNinja - August 14-18
endoux - August 14-18
ProudMommyof2 - August 14-18
Helene_C - August 14-25
gsrieff - August 15-19
M_Loves_DW - August 16-17
dec2009mama - August 16-20
bwmetts - August 16-21
Davin_Felth - August 17-20
blackjackdelta - August 17-22
joseph821 - August 17-23
LoverDisney - August 19-24
MIChessGuy - August 19-24
Disney127 - August 19-24
bswift - August 20-24
Jump4Joy8390 - August 20-27
delyrium - August 21-24
LoveOlaf - August 21-25
GlitteryOtters - August 21-28
AussieDisneyMum - August 21-31
Chubby - August 22-23
ixmnrs - August 22-24
Melany502 - August 22-29
plack - August 23-24
dec2009mama - August 23-25
Jedimom - August 23-29
MrTMorrow - August 25-27
tammytam - August 27-30
Kauai4life - August 27-31
Frozen2014 - August 29-September 1
Now that August is over I just want to give a big shout out to coloredimage for starting this awesome August check-in thread! Thank you, thank you! I can't believe the trips are over! So many great memories, though. :thanks:

Now that August is over I just want to give a big shout out to coloredimage for starting this awesome August check-in thread! Thank you, thank you! I can't believe the trips are over! So many great memories, though. :thanks:

Aww, thanks so much! I'm glad people joined in and made the waiting more fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!