August 2017 Disneyland Check-In & Chat!

We'll be visiting August 13th-16th. I kept waiting to finalize details in hopes of a Fantasmic! announcement, but finally bit the bullet and booked our flights and hotel. I feel pretty confident that Fantasmic! will be up and running along with the RoA attractions and the railroad.

27 days until we can make dining reservations.
Today was the first day I could make ressies! Booked the Blue Bayou for dinner. I had the opportunity to talk for some time with one of the CM's for the reservations and she passed me to her shift manager to get some answers concerning Pantasmic and dinner package. None of this is out in print officially, but the reservation CM's are being coached on it now...

I'd like to know if Fantasmic will be back, and what kind of dining options there will be for the show.
kept waiting to finalize details in hopes of a Fantasmic! announcement
The plan is to have F! start "soft" openings around July 4 but there won't be any dinning options for F! until August 18th. Currently the dinning/show options are for the Electric Light parade. On the 18th, the dining/show bookings are to be changed from the Electric Light Parade back to F! June 18th is the earliest (60 day window) you will be able to book special dinner seating for F! again.

Are Dining Reservations a necessity at DL like it is at WDW especially if not character dining?

Yes if you want to plan your trip and eat at Table Service Restaurants at the Resort. It is hit or miss with standby lines depending on the time and restaurant. It is best to make reservations especially if you know where you want to eat.

Today was the first day I could make ressies! Booked the Blue Bayou for dinner. I had the opportunity to talk for some time with one of the CM's for the reservations and she passed me to her shift manager to get some answers concerning Pantasmic and dinner package. None of this is out in print officially, but the reservation CM's are being coached on it now...

good to know! I can't make reservations until next week so I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, going a little stir crazy about it lol.

Are Dining Reservations a necessity at DL like it is at WDW especially if not character dining?

If you know definitely that there's a place you want to eat, then make reservations so you know definitely that you're there. The last time I was in Disneyland (August 2015) we had an Ariel's Grotto reservation that we had booked in advance but decided last minute to do Blue Bayou. We were able to book while we were in the park for the next day.

Okay guys, I think I got everyone for the front page! Let me know if I missed you!

[QUOTE="...Okay guys, I think I got everyone for the front page! Let me know if I missed you![/QUOTE]

Missed me! August 3-7.

Checking in. Planning a trip with family for August 17 through August 23 at the Disneyland Hotel. Happy for the info on on F!

The plan is to have F! start "soft" openings around July 4 but there won't be any dinning options for F! until August 18th. Currently the dinning/show options are for the Electric Light parade. On the 18th, the dining/show bookings are to be changed from the Electric Light Parade back to F! June 18th is the earliest (60 day window) you will be able to book special dinner seating for F! again.

Thanks for the information. So there is a 60 day window for reservations for F! when it opens and Electric Parade also has the 60 day window and the parade end August 20.

good to know! I can't make reservations until next week so I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, going a little stir crazy about it lol.

If you know definitely that there's a place you want to eat, then make reservations so you know definitely that you're there. The last time I was in Disneyland (August 2015) we had an Ariel's Grotto reservation that we had booked in advance but decided last minute to do Blue Bayou. We were able to book while we were in the park for the next day.

Okay guys, I think I got everyone for the front page! Let me know if I missed you![/QUOTE

You missed me too! August 19-24.

Just booked our hotel and flight for our first trip to DL. This is a girls trip for my daughter's high school graduation. She and I will be there Aug 2nd-7th. Still trying to decide how many park days to do. Not sure if we want to fit in a tour in LA or make it a strictly DL trip.

Ok, it's June. So when, oh when are they going to announce when the DLRR and Fantasmic are coming back? And what about which summer fireworks they will have? Honestly, they must have some idea. It's driving me a little crazy!! All right, rant over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!