AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

sluggozmom

DIS Veteran
Here we go August folks!
I just booked my August trip and I am hoping we can share some money saving tips!
Right now I am using the Costco ID 7014627 at Alamo. I am a member at Costco.
I'm unable to find any coupon codes valid for my dates 8/17-8/25.
I have a standard booked for $284 for the 8 days, $252 if I book 8/18-8/25

It's early. I have similar rates for March with Costco. Generally speaking, you won't see coupons for 2018 until very late this year or just after the new year. Also, it seems like Alamo has cut WAY back on coupons the past year or two. I've mostly seen upgrade coupons which often aren't worth very much (very hard to find the 1 day free on a week anymore). You absolutely did the right thing booking non-binding now and keep looking...I booked my March dates back in August and they've gone up a bit since and are holding very steady. I don't expect a drop until a month or two before (and the good ones, if they happen, a week or two before), but it doesn't hurt to check occasionally.

Well I am jumping in!! :cool1: As of now, my dates are 8/3 to 8/18. Now lets get this party started!!! :banana: :cheer2:

Last edited:
I'm new here (and new to the rental car pricing game), but I'm going to need a 3-week rental (preferably an 8-person minivan) from August 8-28. Rates are crazy high right now, so I'm hoping I can learn a few secrets from the experts!

I'm in as well! 8/8 to 8/21. I have a reservation with Alamo for the 2 weeks for $465.00. Hoping it goes lower. :crazy2:

I'm in as well! 8/8 to 8/21. I have a reservation with Alamo for the 2 weeks for $465.00. Hoping it goes lower. :crazy2:

I hope it gets lower for you too. However, in the scheme of things, if you get stuck with that rate its not bad if you look at it as $232.50/week. :duck: :laughing:

ok...who has the updated discount codes for Alamo from Costco and BJs....i guess its time to throw those codes into the atmosphere so we can start running our numbers!!!! :goodvibes
:cool1:

As I posted back in November, Alamo seems to have cut way back on coupons. The Costco contract ID is the same as its been in the past and the only coupon they have listed is the AU2291VYT for an upgrade. That one has been around for awhile. It seems the one day free on a week coupons aren't around much anymore.

Well as it stands now my dates are August 3rd - August 18th so I made my initial reservation with Alamo today!!! :woohoo:

I used Frontier's July/August scheduled flight times as a guideline for arrival/departure. They are usually pretty consistent.

I used the BJ's codes: (7014696) and free upgrade(AU3Z64SDG)...all in came to a grand total of $531.95!!! :eek:

Now I get to watch for the next few months and PRAY for a huge rate drop....let the fun begin!!!:rotfl:

Checked again this morning....went down a to $522.22....could the rate drops for August really be happening already??? :surfweb:

I know it's still early.....BUT......who has run their numbers again? Higher or Lower rates???

Our dates are 8/18 - 8/25. Staying at a condo in Kissimmee (won a week in the condo at a school fundraiser) before getting on the Fantasy for a cruise. We're looking for an SUV, to be picked up at MCO on 8/18 and drop off at Cape Canaveral 8/25. Best I've come across so far is about $480. I have to think I'll find a much better price as we get closer.

I am looking to book for 12 days out of Tampa (Aug 17 to 29).....any particular codes that work at TPA as well as MCO?

Booked directly with Alamo, 7/31-8/8, Standard Size SUV, on Jan 25
$480.41
EMA6DMJCRv3DOIaUfAwCrSwYCUmGMWkjZatSHYfZmwGsqu1wlyYaRGNhThsXBRH7j7ZMSvBIhSb06fzRS_ynWjiQMLh-OHESnIB_8a_OxlqjQU6SXz33zoKhm2uNrTQ2cFKBWUvSYjfB0fxQo7qlOqiT8QBB3nfxtBVFyyZmWV-chmbSYs2hscMgCL6CEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Today, I searched using AutoSlash and found a listing on Priceline for Alamo
$439.93
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016350
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "Visa" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I signed up for Price Tracking with Auto Slash and I already received an update:
$395.75
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016136
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "AMEX" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I canceled the first price tracking and will sign up again for this conf# & cost since the service is already paying off.

Last edited:
AD2823JAZ is now working for $25 off... I have no idea when it became active again.
I know I have used it in the past, and then it wouldn't work.

My prices went up by over $100 this week. I tried to apply the code to my existing reservation and it wouldn't take any money off.

Since Southwest's schedule just opened up into August today, I can finally jump in:

August 15-20
Compact
Costco + $25 (AD2823JAZ)
$246.13 base/$278.79 total

Ick!

Our dates are 8/18 - 8/25. Staying at a condo in Kissimmee (won a week in the condo at a school fundraiser) before getting on the Fantasy for a cruise. We're looking for an SUV, to be picked up at MCO on 8/18 and drop off at Cape Canaveral 8/25. Best I've come across so far is about $480. I have to think I'll find a much better price as we get closer.

Was able to snag a standard-size SUV (says Ford Edge or similar) with Budget for $390. I'll continue to monitor it to see if I can get lower, but I can live with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!