AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

I just had about a $15 drop for my 5 day rental, now 9 days out. Using Costco + $25 (AD3868JST), I'm at $144.79 base for a midsize, $189.67 total (that includes $7.50 for Southwest rapid rewards)

Also, maybe something to keep in mind...

Dollar is having something they call "National Dollar Day" this Wednesday, August 8, that will have their "biggest one-day sale ever".

No idea what they have in mind, but it might be a good day to at least check on their website for rates and if we're really lucky, maybe some of the other agencies will try to compete.

Woot, decided to check Costco Travel website, since I can still get an Alamo number and do online check in on the Alamo site. Same price as just got at Alamo, but Costco is tossing in a $20 Costco gift card to be loaded onto my Costco card. Oh yeah, keep that price going down. For my October one, Costco Travel still a bit higher than Alamo's website, and no gift card, so I am so hoping a large drop in price sooner than later.

I just had about a $15 drop for my 5 day rental, now 9 days out. Using Costco + $25 (AD3868JST), I'm at $144.79 base for a midsize, $189.67 total (that includes $7.50 for Southwest rapid rewards)

I’m new to the rental pricing game. Does the JST code have an affiliation/restrictions, or can anyone use it? Thanks for your help!

I’m new to the rental pricing game. Does the JST code have an affiliation/restrictions, or can anyone use it? Thanks for your help!

I don't recall specifically, but I think this one is public. It supposedly expired awhile back and shows up in an Alamo reservation as "$25 off specialty", but seems to work for some of the common car classes, as well.

I seem to be stuck at $333 for a standard 10 day rental with Alamo using Costco and $25 off codes. We leave Friday so I'm not sure It will go under $300 this year for us. :(

I seem to be stuck at $333 for a standard 10 day rental with Alamo using Costco and $25 off codes. We leave Friday so I'm not sure It will go under $300 this year for us. :(

Have you tried other codes. I just did a 10 day reservation starting Friday and both the dvc and AP codes came in lower than $333. Not a lot, but still lower. It appears you may be a dvc member.

Have you tried other codes. I just did a 10 day reservation starting Friday and both the dvc and AP codes came in lower than $333. Not a lot, but still lower. It appears you may be a dvc member.
I did try a few other codes, but it all came in higher? We are doing pick up at 10:30 am with a drop off on Monday at 7:00pm

I have one of the AP codes, but I don't have the DVC code? Could you PM what codes you used. I got it down now to $331.00 with the $25 and Costco

Just booked via Autoslash for the first time. I had a reservation - minivan, 8/18 to 8/25 - with Enterprise for $355 total. that was with a discount code where I couldn't prove I was member and eligible for the discount. With Autoslash, I got a minivan for $240 total (Alamo).

I saw the note about the coupon no longer being valid-the BJ's coupon ad8698sdf, so I went on line to check on my reservations (we leave this Sat.) and it's saying can no longer validate coupon, continue with out it, but it won't let me go to the next step to check on the reservation. I'm going to see if I can get a similar rate, would rather do that than call, it seems like it's hit or miss when you call Alamo as far as a rep being helpful. So glad I saw your post, thank you!!

Sorry folks! I had the coupon code AD2365FDN that is no longer working, NOT the Bj's code-sorry this can drive you crazy with codes, coupons, now some don't work, ugh!

Two quick reminders + one other comment:

- Today (August 8) is "National Dollar Day". Dollar is giving 30% off base rates. Use promo code 101368 - not sure if you can combine it with a corporate discount (CDP) like AAA, but its worth a try. One gotcha...rental can not start before 8/18.
- If you're within a week or so, try the Alamo Last Minute special code...Contract ID is IG . I've only had this be the best way for me once, and it wasn't in Orlando. If you have no other affiliation to try, its worth a look.
- Budget rates seem to be down quite a bit for August. Be careful though, the additional taxes, etc. seem to be the highest of the major vendors, so be sure to compare the total, not the base rate.

Is Dollar any good, or as easy as Alamo? They are 30 or so dollars less than my Alamo.

Is Dollar any good, or as easy as Alamo? They are 30 or so dollars less than my Alamo.
For $30, I'd do it. You can skip the counter and go straight to the garage, but if I recall, you need to stop at a kiosk in the garage. You should sign up for Dollar Express before you do the reservation. As I recall, not quite as convenient as Alamo, but not bad either.
---
Edit: But also keep in mind that if you let them handle the tolls, I think they have a surcharge for each day of the rental, while Alamo just charges on the days you use it. That alone could wipe out any savings.

Thanks Richmo, seems like I may book it, then free to cancel if I decide to stick with my Alamo. I do belong to their Dollar Express, but their website is not as easy to navigate signing in. Hoping Alamo goes lower, but today, much higher than I got the other day. I keep trying though. And, for either, I'm going to put the plate on my Sun Pass account, and I have the removable Sun Pass, so hopefully no charges from either rental company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter