AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

8 days, 8/17-8/25.. so I am taking the premium for $247 through Costco with the $20 GC
The lowest I have found was a full size for $235. For $12 I will step up for (hopefully)a leather interior.
I want to pick my own car, I like the service I've gotten at Alamo..
Anyone else afraid to take a chance?

Same here. I've got the same price booked through Costco and holding on to a $181 Full Size from Budget but don't think I can do it. Don't necessarily want the leather but the size and comfort.

Can you please post the outcome when you get a chance... I'm booked through Costco too (right now)
Hi! I just got back. Happy to report that when we returned our car to Alamo and they scanned it and gave me my receipt it was for the agreed upon Costco reservation price. I was prepared with my printed reservation to dispute it but luckily I didn't have to. I was very happy about that. Also, the full-size aisle had several mid size suv's and we were able to get a Santa Fe for $233 for 8 days. I will definitely rent from Alamo again.

Same here. I've got the same price booked through Costco and holding on to a $181 Full Size from Budget but don't think I can do it. Don't necessarily want the leather but the size and comfort.
My 8 day Alamo premium rental just dropped another $10

Well Alamo dropped again today for us. 2 days to go before we leave.
8/15 - 9/2 (18 day rental) Booking through the Costco site. 2 reservations currently being held.
Minivan - $708 (was $730) - Down $22
Full Size SUV - $886 (was $930) - Down $44
I'll check again later tonight, and again tomorrow to see if they come down any more. I might also check Wednesday AM before we leave, but that might be kind of tough as we are leaving pretty early to catch our flight.

~D

8 days, 8/17-8/25.. so I am taking the premium for $247 through Costco with the $20 GC
The lowest I have found was a full size for $235. For $12 I will step up for (hopefully)a leather interior.
I want to pick my own car, I like the service I've gotten at Alamo..
Anyone else afraid to take a chance?

Check your rates again as they dropped for us again this morning.

~D

Tomorrow is the day...

I seem to have bottomed out on Sunday (3 days before departure) for 5+ days at Hertz (Aug 15-20, weekly rate), AAA discount, $5/day off coupon (204358) $108.99 base/$136.73 total for a standard. They have a pick from the aisle feature that seems to be similar to Alamo, so that works for me.

Best of luck to the rest of you leaving later in the month...remember, check often once you get inside a week or so...that's when the deeper discounts seem to be happening.

Higher now, but 8 days out. On a positive, October got 30 dollars lower, and I can live with my rate in just over a week, if I have to. Plus, I get a 20 Costco gift card, I guess loaded on my Costco Card when I return, if I stick with what I have in 8 days.

Glad to hear no issues with a booking through Costco Travel.

Does anyone know how much the tolls are from the airport to Lake Buena Vista? I want to make sure we have enough change.

Does anyone know how much the tolls are from the airport to Lake Buena Vista? I want to make sure we have enough change.

Just back last night...If you take the South Exit out of the airport (FL-417), you will encounter two tolls of $1.75 each.

I believe they are $1.50 maybe $2. Dh brought $4 in quarters and we were good.

At least on 417 (Greeneway - airport South exit), there must have been an increase recently. When I was there in March, the toll was $1.50 x 2... now it's $1.75 x 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter