August 2018 discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to wait until the discounts were release to book but with this whole Parking fee fiasco, I may just put down the first night and change the reservation later.

I was hoping to wait until the discounts were release to book but with this whole Parking fee fiasco, I may just put down the first night and change the reservation later.
Exactly what I am considering. I hate booking before discounts are released and adding to the whole why give discounts when rooms are booked. But on the other hand I want to get another trip in with out that greedy parking fee tacked on.

This is amazing. Was googling August Disney discounts on Saturday, came accross this thread, figured out who to contact, and booked two room at the Poly for HUGE savings, more than I could have hoped for with the traditional room or free dining promotions.

They only downside is that I wasn"t allowed to add the dining plan. But I factored in the out of pocket cost of all meals and snacks, and I still come out $1500 ahead.

Thank you!

Exactly what I am considering. I hate booking before discounts are released and adding to the whole why give discounts when rooms are booked. But on the other hand I want to get another trip in with out that greedy parking fee tacked on.
I just assumed once you applied a discount the parking fee would tack on, like when you apply a discount and you pay the higher ticket rate etc.

Saw that the summer discounts are out...........sadly nothing available at the Poly........."nothing" :oops: A bit disappointed but in the end we have our room at the WL............so, while I'll keep checking back..........I'm still "going to Disney World!!" :D

Doug :goofy:

I figured these would hit today. If you drive/rent a car and park, don't forget to figure in your parking charges!

I"m not seeing the dining promotion listed in the 'special offers' section of the website. Does it have a name?

Is it worth changing my res now to the room only discount and then hange again if free dining is released?

Modified my place holder POP ressie I made last week from Aug 2nd to 7th to avoid parking fees. Now going to AKL with a standard room discount. If AP rates are better I'll switch it up some more.

Modified my place holder POP ressie I made last week from Aug 2nd to 7th to avoid parking fees. Now going to AKL with a standard room discount. If AP rates are better I'll switch it up some more.
Did they mention the fee? I just wasn't sure if they confirmed no parking fee - thought they might add it after modifying a reservation.

No fee. The reservation number stayed the same.
Ok good. I just know even when the res number stays the same they bump ticket prices if you book before a price change and then need to apply a discount, wasn't sure how they were handling the parking fee - especially since they do not charge it until you are there.

Doesn't it seem like they released this discount a bit early? Mousesavers was showing they don't normally give offers for August until the first week of April. I'm hoping they also come out with AP/FL resident rates soon.

We need a 2 bedroom and the only thing available is SSR. We currently have a reservation at BCV. It does save $1850, would you switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter