August 2019 Car Rental Thread

I remember a few years ago that if you rented a standard size car at Orlando airport from Alamo that it was the same as fullsize. Is this still true?

Returning car to MCO is a lot more than Disney car care. Does it add slot of time when dropping off at MCO? Also does anybody know if AAA has better discounts than Costco?

Just joining the thread... I actually need 7/28-8/2 MCO and returning to any location near WDW. Then 8/7 for a one day rental to drive from WDW to the St. Augustine area. Nothing looks good right now and I’m struggling to find any codes that work.

Keeping fingers crossed prices go down!! Thanks for all the info so far!!

I remember a few years ago that if you rented a standard size car at Orlando airport from Alamo that it was the same as fullsize. Is this still true?
Yes, they don't have a fullsize isle. So pay for the cheaper standard and you can pick your car. Twice we even got a 7 passenger mini van in the standard isle.

Hi All,
I currently have a couple of car rental reservations going as I watch and wait in the hopes of a better price. I need a one way rental (arriving MCO 8/12 and dropping near Port Everglades for our cruise 8/17). So far the prices are a bit high $425 (Avis), $442 Alamo, and $530 (Enterprise) but I am checking frequently for any better deals.

This was my same issue. I am picking up at MCO and dropping at FLL for a cruise after our Disney stay. I was able to get a minivan for $273 including the drop fee on Easy Rent. I called to make sure the cost included the drop fee.
Has anyone ever used this site or had experience with them?

Got an alert through Autoslash for a better rate for my rental. Now booked at 8/11 evening pick up at MCO and 8/17 FLL/Port Everglades drop off around noon. Full size with Alamo via Priceline for $325.

Just booked. Prices have been way too high with my preferred rental location (Alamo at the Dolphin) for my usual minivan, so we are trying a standard SUV at Hertz at Holiday Inn LBV (Disney Springs). $397 (AAA discount) for 8 days with a different drop off (TPA). This rate is more than 50% less than what I was looking at with my usual reservation, so worth packing lightly! Any feedback on Hertz’s pick up or delivery to Disney properties? I am crossing my fingers for delivery, but am okay with pick up. Just hoping the process doesn’t take more than an hour. I have been able to walk to the Dolphin in the past, but I don’t think that lovely walk is worth $400!

Just booked. Prices have been way too high with my preferred rental location (Alamo at the Dolphin) for my usual minivan, so we are trying a standard SUV at Hertz at Holiday Inn LBV (Disney Springs). $397 (AAA discount) for 8 days with a different drop off (TPA). This rate is more than 50% less than what I was looking at with my usual reservation, so worth packing lightly! Any feedback on Hertz’s pick up or delivery to Disney properties? I am crossing my fingers for delivery, but am okay with pick up. Just hoping the process doesn’t take more than an hour. I have been able to walk to the Dolphin in the past, but I don’t think that lovely walk is worth $400!

Did you go through your AAA homepage or use a code? The rates I'm getting through my AAA site are not great.

I went through the Hertz site and selected AAA as an option. It then let me put in my zip code and my regional AAA was applied. I did this about a week ago and the site seems to remember the code every time I start a new search. It didn’t ask for my membership number which I thought was a bit strange.

I'm finding pretty good rates with Budget after I linked my Amazon account. And... you get 10% back in an Amazon gift card after your trip is completed. The rates have been better than AAA for me.

I haven't run my rates in awhile....so let me take a look....

Never mind...I'm not even going to post those insane rates!!! :sad2:

I decided to see today if there was any change in rates for my dates 7/30 - 8/7

Directly with Alamo using the Corporate ID from my previous post (7016350 - Visa); the price for the Premium Car is now $401.96 which is a $92 drop since February booking directly with Alamo and the standard SUV at $344.95.

Better yet, I tried AutoSlash again and received the affiliate link to Priceline for a rate of $366.82 which is a $69.47 drop since the deal in February from Priceline and $127.97 difference when booking directly with Alamo using the corporate ID. Also, the standard SUV is at $309.81(!) using the affiliate link to Priceline.

As a reminder, back in Feb when Signed In, Alamo Insider for Premium Car was $494.80.

Rates are looking better and better (yes, I booked the reservations)! Hope this helps.

Found a great rate drop for Alamo.Received an e mail from Hilton Honors for up to 5,000 Hilton Honors Points. I repriced our existing Aug reservation and I saved $100, and jumped a class to a SUV Ike a Toyota Rav 4. Rates seem to be dropping!

Finally some movement down! I just rebooked my 2 week rental. I used the BJ's corporate code and their free upgrade code and got it down to $438.58 from $581.58. This is for a standard size.

Booked today through Costco Travel.....fullsize with Alamo for $443 Aug 14 to 27/19 (13 days). Best so far but hoping for better.

Updated prices through Costco Travel.....fullsize with Alamo for $414 Aug 14 to 27/19 (13 days). Best so far but still hoping for better. And the watch begins.......:surfweb:

I'm down to $285 for Standard with Alamo from MCO August 6-15. Just an FYI that there was a $100 savings between an 8pm pick up and an 8:30pm pick up.

I'm down to $285 for Standard with Alamo from MCO August 6-15. Just an FYI that there was a $100 savings between an 8pm pick up and an 8:30pm pick up.

We had a similar fluctuation between 7 and 730 pm. Also with Alamo.

I just rebooked my Alamo reservation and saved $11.00. Now at 2 weeks for $425.37, standard, with BJ's discount and free upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!