*August 2019 check in*

You booked the River belle package? I did that last October when my mom came with us. I didn't want her to have to sit on the ground or wait forever. Dinner was nothing special but we were at the railing and were able to see the show fine. Minus the guy with the stroller and a huge balloon haha.. but the Cast member got them to move because there shouldn't be anyone sitting right there.
Yes, that would be the one.

This trip is turning into an experience trip.

We have tickets for the Haunted mansion 50th Thursday night from 1am to 4am, this and a "Walk in Walt's footsteps tour is planned.

I tried calling this morning she said she didn't have August 1st loaded in her system yet... I hope that is true because I want to surprise my daughter with it.
Hmm....I just tried to book the 10th to see if it would let me and it says no available tables. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Hmm....I just tried to book the 10th to see if it would let me and it says no available tables. Sorry to get your hopes up!
haha no worries this is the planning game we have to play. We will just have to keep checking I read over on the woc thread that it was 39 days out before July was released so we might have some time to wait yet.

What are some of your non-Disney plans?
We are going back to the Peterson Automotive Museum, they have just added about 100 vehicles from Hollywood. Such as vehicles from both Blade Runner movies, Batman, HALO, Back to the Future, Minority Report, I-Robot, etc.

Probably heading to Knott's as well. And we have to hit IN-N-OUT as many times as possible. We are going to be back in Anaheim in March, so we have to save some stuff for that trip (Like the Reagan Library)

I'll be there solo Aug 9-16. Haven't been to DL since 2011. Will we still need SWGE reservations by then?
Reservations are no longer needed for SWGE starting June 24th. At this time, a lot of us I think are waiting to see what happens in late June and July in order to form a game plan to access the land. Right now for me personally ( I will be there the week before you) I am planning on giving up one full day to just line up early, try to get into the last first thing in the morning and then have all day in the land. I have no plans beyond that; hopefully our fellow DISers will experience the land in July and let us know the best strategies.

We are going back to the Peterson Automotive Museum, they have just added about 100 vehicles from Hollywood. Such as vehicles from both Blade Runner movies, Batman, HALO, Back to the Future, Minority Report, I-Robot, etc.

Probably heading to Knott's as well. And we have to hit IN-N-OUT as many times as possible. We are going to be back in Anaheim in March, so we have to save some stuff for that trip (Like the Reagan Library)
I still have yet to make it to IN-N-Out but our uber driver last trip told us to go.... We won't be doing anything else this trip it just disney, we usually add in another park when we go. Last trip was Knotts and the time before Universal....

I would love to be able to spend some extra time one trip to go and see all some other places..

Was anyone able to make WOC dessert party reservations today? The calendar shows it's (finally!) open through August 10th but I tried to make reservations and the system told me nothing is available. I called Disney Dining as was told that they are only taking reservations through August 1st? Is this normal that the calendar shows they taking reservations but in fact, they are not. I'm getting a little tired of stalking the website!

Our first day is also Sunday the 11th and we recently learned this is the day of the CHOC walk (https://www.chocwalk.org). Last year Disneyland and California Adventure didn't open until 10:00, and I believe EMH was moved to Disneyland and started at 9:00. I'll be interested when hours are posted if this remains the same for this year.

Wow! I don't know how I missed that our trip overlaps the CHOC walk weekend. Thank you for the heads' up. At least now I know it will be crowded. I'm now wondering if we could use the monorail to enter the park on Sunday morning to avoid the esplanade crowd? Most people seem to suggest getting to the gates early, but if they're already crowded because of the walkers, and if the park opens late anyway, maybe this would be the day to just pass over them?

We will be there August 17-23. Will have PHPs with MP that we will convert to APs after using MM. Hoping to ride Smuggler's Run once...:yoda:. May use MM to cozy up to the SWGE entrance...:chewy: We're not really there for SWGE, although we do love Star Wars. Mostly just love anything Disney. We will be back again later in the year, since we will have APs, so I'm not stressed about it.

But I'm mostly hoping that SWGE draws crowds away from other favorite areas (Tomorrowland, Guardians, Cars Land). I remember how empty Tomorrowland was when Cars Land opened! :car:

I must say, I am happy to see room rates dropping as the greedy hotels thought they would be able to gouge us because of SWGE.

Hope everyone has a great summer and enjoys their trips!

:dumbo::maleficen:figment::tigger:

But I'm mostly hoping that SWGE draws crowds away from other favorite areas (Tomorrowland, Guardians, Cars Land). I remember how empty Tomorrowland was when Cars Land opened! :car:
:dumbo::maleficen:figment::tigger:

This is exactly what I am hoping for as well, hopefully it doesn't backfire on all of us.... We want to go in and check it out but I can't do simulation rides because they make me to sick, not sure if my daughter will want to go on her own or not so we may just be checking out the land.

I have been shocked how many reservations are open for the first few days in August, just waiting not so patiently for WOC dessert party to be released.

I think I have added everyone to the list, please let me know if I missed you!

I'm still patiently waiting for our ADR date to open up so I can start making reservations...almost time for me to finally figure out were we want to eat on what days!

We are heading to USH this trip, we have only taken our son there once a few years ago. Other than that, we have no other non-Disney plans.

Big kid (17 yr old son ) and I heading to Disney aug 12/13 (aug 11 Newport Beach area ) then heading into LA for a day and a half
Have no clue what we are doing or much about DL hoping you guys can help us out xo

I made my WOC dessert party reservations! Woo hoo! The only annoying thing is that I had to call Disney Dining because I wanted to pay with my Disney Rewards points and the computer system was not allowing me to do that. The CM was very helpful but I was a bit disappointed that she did not with me a magical day before we hung up. Is that just a DW thing?

I made my WOC dessert party reservations! Woo hoo! The only annoying thing is that I had to call Disney Dining because I wanted to pay with my Disney Rewards points and the computer system was not allowing me to do that. The CM was very helpful but I was a bit disappointed that she did not with me a magical day before we hung up. Is that just a DW thing?
The last time I called it was before SWGE opened, and they said "may the force be with you" before hanging up. You got nothing? That seems odd to me.

Thank you for posting, I was able to get one for August 3rd, we wanted Aug 1st but that is ok lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!