*August 2019 check in*

I'm trying to make plans for each of my days and I'm not sure why this time I'm second guessing myself. Maybe it's the unknown of SWGE. This is what I have. We currently only have 4 day passes but after looking at the price difference it's a no brainer to add another day.

Girls trip 2 adults......21, 18, 12.

Sun 8-18 Arrive Anaheim 9am. I'm guessing we would head to the parks around 11am. Should we skip max pass on this day? Planned to go to DCA but we would need to ride HM if it does close on Aug 19. Since we have a 6am flight I'm pretty sure we will be tired and call it an early night

Mon 8-19 DL Hungry Bear Fantasmic package.

Tues 8-20 DL Use MM and Minnie & Friends breakfast

Wed 8-21 DCA (maybe WOC w/FP)

Thur 8-22 DL Flight leaves at 7:30

Sun 8-18 Arrive Anaheim 9am. I'm guessing we would head to the parks around 11am. Should we skip max pass on this day? Planned to go to DCA but we would need to ride HM if it does close on Aug 19. Since we have a 6am flight I'm pretty sure we will be tired and call it an early night

I would check what is available when you get into the parks and decide if you want to get max pass. I would think if would still be worth it.

Are you Getting Park hoppers or just going to do one park per day?

I would check what is available when you get into the parks and decide if you want to get max pass. I would think if would still be worth it.

Are you Getting Park hoppers or just going to do one park per day?
We will have park hoppers

YEEEE!!! I'm so excited! 60 days until our trip! We've planned a trip to the beach and Goofy's Kitchen for our arrival day, 8/10. I'm still trying to iron out the other details. So far we have 5 day park hoppers, staying at DLH. I know we'll do Fantasmic dining package at BB on Tuesday, and we'll visit Donald and Stitch at the PCH character meal the day we leave town.

But here is one question for your advice: Our first park day is a Sunday, we get EMH since we're staying onsite. I kind of want to start our trip at DL- it's just so magical going under that railroad tunnel into Main Street. But I worry about missing out on the early hour at DCA. Should we use that hour at DCA or start at Disneyland? I've been before, but most of my family are first-timers.

We will have park hoppers

I think your plan looks great.. when we going during the summer we usually have some sort of meal where it is cool to get out of the heat for a bit in the middle of the day and if we are tired then we go back have a rest at the hotel and come back in the evening. I find that we usually start in one park and then jump to the other park in the evening. Now sometimes depending on the fast passes we get we may jump back and forth a couple of times depending on how exhausted we are ;)

I'm trying to make plans for each of my days and I'm not sure why this time I'm second guessing myself. Maybe it's the unknown of SWGE. This is what I have. We currently only have 4 day passes but after looking at the price difference it's a no brainer to add another day.

Girls trip 2 adults......21, 18, 12.

We are going to be there almost exactly the same time as you, although we are not arriving from Universal Studios until early evening on the 18th so we are not hitting the parks that day.

With hoppers, you can definitely go to DCA the first day and hop over to DL to jump on HM. We used to take the earliest flight of the day so that we could get into the parks right away but found that by the early afternoon we were all really tired and grouchy so now we take a later flight and skip the parks on the first day. MaxPass is a very strong "maybe" for this day, definitely see what FPs are still available and make the call when you are there.

Your plans look good, although depending on what time MM is on the 20th you may want to get a later reservation for the character meal in order to take advantage of early entry and shorter ride lines.

We tend to hop back and forth a few times each day so we never really plan out which park we are going to on which day since we end up going to both every day. We always hit the parks early and head back to the room after lunch to rest then back to the parks late afternoon.

Boy, it's been a long time....my last post here was 5 years ago!
Anyways, we are going the week of Aug 10-17 and will be getting 3-day single park passes. My boys have grown (21 & 17) but we are still all going! It's all about SWGE for us. I will be interested to see what the crowds will be like after the reservation month ends in a couple of weeks. I am hoping with all the AP blackouts, we will have just a "Crazy" level of people instead of "Insane"

Flights ✅
Hotel ✅

Just need our park tickets and World of Color Dessert reservation and we are set!!

We are staying at the Desert Inn Aug 1-5 which is new for us. We normally stay next door at the Del Sol but we need to keep costs down as much as possible. I hope it will be fine.

I am still in shock that we were able to pull this off!!! It will be my daughter (22) and I for a trip on our own. So excited :yay:

Flights ✅
Hotel ✅

Just need our park tickets and World of Color Dessert reservation and we are set!!

We are staying at the Desert Inn Aug 1-5 which is new for us. We normally stay next door at the Del Sol but we need to keep costs down as much as possible. I hope it will be fine.

I am still in shock that we were able to pull this off!!! It will be my daughter (22) and I for a trip on our own. So excited :yay:

We have stayed at DI&S 3 times and have never been disappointed.

I am hoping with all the AP blackouts, we will have just a "Crazy" level of people instead of "Insane"

Me too!! I had told myself no trips for a year or two. Haha well her I am hoping it is bearable. I’m so curious how they are going to handle the crowds after the reservations are done.

If you had to choose between Park Hopper and Max Pass for three days tickets in August, which one would you buy?

YEEEE!!! I'm so excited! 60 days until our trip! We've planned a trip to the beach and Goofy's Kitchen for our arrival day, 8/10. I'm still trying to iron out the other details. So far we have 5 day park hoppers, staying at DLH. I know we'll do Fantasmic dining package at BB on Tuesday, and we'll visit Donald and Stitch at the PCH character meal the day we leave town.

But here is one question for your advice: Our first park day is a Sunday, we get EMH since we're staying onsite. I kind of want to start our trip at DL- it's just so magical going under that railroad tunnel into Main Street. But I worry about missing out on the early hour at DCA. Should we use that hour at DCA or start at Disneyland? I've been before, but most of my family are first-timers.

Our first day is also Sunday the 11th and we recently learned this is the day of the CHOC walk (https://www.chocwalk.org). Last year Disneyland and California Adventure didn't open until 10:00, and I believe EMH was moved to Disneyland and started at 9:00. I'll be interested when hours are posted if this remains the same for this year.

Hey all,
I'll be in the parks the 2nd and 3rd. I'm wondering how to structure my morning on the 2nd. Should I rope drop CA and ride GOTG-MB Incredicoaster and RSR first or should I rope drop DL and head straight to fantasyland? Or should I do whatever and Ropedrop CA the next morning since EMH is in DL? Also is rope drop or single rider a better bet for RSR and Incredicoaster?

If you had to choose between Park Hopper and Max Pass for three days tickets in August, which one would you buy?
That’s is a hard choice for me. How many park days do you have? I think park
Hoppers because you can still use regular fast pass tickets.

We usually start in one park and finish in the other watching the nighttime entertainment. Before max pass I would jump parks
And get fast passes for a later fast pass
For radiator springs to use in the evening. My feet appreciate max pass :tiptoe:

Our first day is also Sunday the 11th and we recently learned this is the day of the CHOC walk (https://www.chocwalk.org). Last year Disneyland and California Adventure didn't open until 10:00, and I believe EMH was moved to Disneyland and started at 9:00. I'll be interested when hours are posted if this remains the same for this year

Thank goodness for the DIS! I had no idea CHOC walk was happening and that’s one of our park days. Luckily we have the flexibility to switch. I wonder if the crowds will be worse this year with so many locals wanting to see SWGE and staying after they get their ticket? Hard to say but we’re switching up the plan to avoid it all.

Flights ✅
Hotel ✅

Every time we go I am shocked that we were able to pull it off.

Just got reservations for dinner during Fantasmic. Even with the extra charge it still seems cheaper than a dessert party and you get a full meal? Has anybody done it? We watched videos and it seems like you'll have a decent view.

Sitting at a real chair for the show.

Just got reservations for dinner during Fantasmic. Even with the extra charge it still seems cheaper than a dessert party and you get a full meal? Has anybody done it? We watched videos and it seems like you'll have a decent view.

Sitting at a real chair for the show.
You booked the River belle package? I did that last October when my mom came with us. I didn't want her to have to sit on the ground or wait forever. Dinner was nothing special but we were at the railing and were able to see the show fine. Minus the guy with the stroller and a huge balloon haha.. but the Cast member got them to move because there shouldn't be anyone sitting right there.

Flights ✅
Hotel ✅

I just checked on the app and see that the dessert party has opened up to Aug 10th. I just followed the link in the app. I am looking to book the 11th so one more day!

I just checked on the app and see that the dessert party has opened up to Aug 10th. I just followed the link in the app. I am looking to book the 11th so one more day!
I tried calling this morning she said she didn't have August 1st loaded in her system yet... I hope that is true because I want to surprise my daughter with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter