August 2020 Car Rental!

I feel your pain. $396.00 for 8 days. Budget. Mid August. CRAZY. I can't believe that many people are travelling. If I wasn't goign to lose 266 DVC points, I would not be going to Florida. The COVID numbers are out of control and Disney has no idea what they are doing.

I am with all of you - most I have paid ever ($318.)

We are staying at Boardwalk. While I always love having a rental car, no matter what DVC property I stay at, I always take the bus to MK. So for this trip, we can walk to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios and take bus to MK. This only leaves AK and Disney Springs for a rental car. Heck, I may just uber those destinations and use Magical Express for airport transportation.

My Costco rates for mid-August are sllllooooowly beginning to drop. Two days ago it had dropped $2, then another $2 yesterday and now another $2 this morning for a total of $6 in three days.
Maybe this is a good sign?

I think Budget may have dropped a little more (we prefer to stick with Alamo this trip).

Just checking my email and Groupon is advertising a 30% off rate for Budget if it helps anyone?
Code:
B006312
Also found a second code:
B006309 for 30% off when I went to the site https://www.groupon.com/coupons/budget-car-rental

I don't see anything about cancelation policies though in my cursory searches. That would make it a no-go for me.

Thank you. I will check it out.
Yay! That dropped me from $305 to $220 for my dates!!!! Thanks so much :)
Just checking my email and Groupon is advertising a 30% off rate for Budget if it helps anyone?
Code:
B006312
Also found a second code:
B006309 for 30% off when I went to the site https://www.groupon.com/coupons/budget-car-rental

I don't see anything about cancelation policies though in my cursory searches. That would make it a no-go for me.
Yay! That dropped me from $305 to $220 for my dates!!!! Thanks so much :)

Most years this is the week (6 weeks out) that there is a drop. Not this year! Alamo is still $150 over the rate I hold. In a pickle about it because SW canceled my return flight this past Friday so I need to modify the car return time.

Check wherever you rented from, Costco dropped $25 on my reservation today for mid-August. Maybe the downward trend has begun?

Our airline canceled our flights yesterday so I had to rebook for different days/times. That meant rebooking a car. Oddly, it was two dollars cheaper to rent a car for an extra day!
But yeah, prices not moving much!

The price of car hire could be staying high because the through flow of cars being booked

is slowing down due to Europeans not flying to USA and renting cars

I am with all of you - most I have paid ever ($318.)

We are staying at Boardwalk. While I always love having a rental car, no matter what DVC property I stay at, I always take the bus to MK. So for this trip, we can walk to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios and take bus to MK. This only leaves AK and Disney Springs for a rental car. Heck, I may just uber those destinations and use Magical Express for airport transportation.
We usually stay at the BWVs, take DME both ways, and get a rental car at the Dolphin Alamo for about 7 (out of 13) days. It's a very convenient option, especially if you don't want/need a car for your entire trip.

We were able to book a Large SUV, seats 7, through Hotwire for $468. The Hot Rate is through National. Definitely the cheapest I could find by far for 8 days at MCO for a large SUV. Our dates are 8/18-8/26.

The prices for aug and sept are crazy. I get covid but you think if they would do affordable pricing they would see an up side in pricing.

The prices for aug and sept are crazy. I get covid but you think if they would do affordable pricing they would see an up side in pricing.
They must make more money NOT renting: Prices are out of control. We are considering 2 1-night rentals for the first time.

Budget for my dates ticked down a bit, so I rebooked and am saving $25 on a 9 day rental. They have literally not budged (up or down) in weeks until the end of last week. All in, with the insanely cheap airfare, I am still cheaper from my normal transportation costs, but hope the car rental moves down some more soon.

Just saved $25 on Costco this evening (I'd checked this morning and no change). Down to $264 for 8 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter