August 2020 Car Rental!

Count me in. popcorn:: My dates are Aug 12th - Aug 29th. But that has the potential to change to Aug 8th - Aug 29th. I have a long stay and plans that includes visits to the parks and a few beaches. So lets start posting discount codes and rates. :yay:

I just booked through Costco. I don't have a code, but try toggling the locations and dates and see what you get.

I saved over $300 by renting through the WDW Alamo locations compared to renting at MCO.
(Both Care Care Center and Dolphin locations had the same price in this case.)

I'll just take DME both ways for that kind of savings!

I have 09AUG-14AUG booked for $200. I am going to Universal :ssst: and Vero Beach. 🏖

I began driving down in recent years and have not rented in about 4 years but this August we may need a rental again. Wow, prices seem to really have gone up a lot from where they were 4 years ago.

Back then I was seeing intermediate vehicles around $240-270 for 2 weeks. Now an intermediate for 2 weeks is around $620 and these prices have remained consistent since I began looking 5 months ago...

Currently sitting on on a costco res 7/30-8/8 Alamo intermediate SUV at $448. I started at 500 got this rate now an see it's crept back up a bit to 460. I check at least once a week to see where rates are. I usually get the best rate 2-3 months out so hoping i can knock this down closer to 350 ish

Yes..but I always get the best deals with that code. Reserve a midsize and it upgrades to a standard. Alamo doesn't have standard size so its an automatic upgrade to full-size.

Seems weird that Alamo would list a standard car on their own website, if they don't have it? I reserved a compact with an upgrade to midsize, but may adjust if that is the case.

Also does anyone else get "An error occurred" when searching with both the costco and the free upgrade coupon codes? If I use them individually the searches work (though not ideal) but together I get an error :(

It's always been that way. When you do the search, it just shows you all the categories that they offer. It's not specific to your location. We have always rented a "standard" and got to pick from the fullsize aisle. The last three trips we have had two minivans (one with 3 miles on it), and an SUV.

Sticking with our August plans but holy cow I thought the rental prices would flex a bit in our favor. keep on checkin'!!!

I haven't checked my rates for awhile. I am still wondering what traveling in August is going to be like. I think more people are rescheduling their vacations to the last part of August and end of summer. Right now my plans were to go from August 12th and return on August 29th. DH employer has restricted summer vacations for the entire months of July and August. So me DD13 and DNeice12 may be traveling alone and extend the vacation to the first week of September. Anyway, I have noticed timeshare resort rentals from private owners has increased in price. I am sure it is due to the uncertainty of summer travel. But things are not looking good for us right now.

I shaved $50+ off my Alamo rental price today. Normally, I would be stoked by that kind of drop but it went from $894 to $837. 😂 (I can only laugh. Crossing fingers we get to go at all!)

Rates have been going the wrong way last 10 days. Hoping we some some good drops in the weeks to come

Rates have been going the wrong way last 10 days. Hoping we some some good drops in the weeks to come
I've noticed that on Costco, although I only started looking recently.
In previous trips, the "sweet spot" for Costco seems to be a little closer to the trip. Maybe 4-6 weeks out? (if memory serves)

I've noticed that on Costco, although I only started looking recently.
In previous trips, the "sweet spot" for Costco seems to be a little closer to the trip. Maybe 4-6 weeks out? (if memory serves)
Usually but there's usually a bounce a few months out also. It's always a waiting game

To make up for my cancelled March vacation and try to use my subsequent excess DVC points, I have two weeks booked straddling the end of August and a few days in September. I am getting a message that the car care center is closed when I try to get a car rental 😢.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!