August 2020 Code Watch

Can I ask you what was your nightly rate? For May I got $245,$247,$208 and $219. I want to make this price is discounted

It's all over the place, but I got 3 nights at 217, 1 at 224, 2 at 228 and 3 at 243. My original rack rates were 272-304 per night

It's all over the place, but I got 3 nights at 217, 1 at 224, 2 at 228 and 3 at 243. My original rack rates were 272-304 per night
Wow prices have definitely increased I watched a review of CBR from Pete from 2018 and he was saying how $250 a night for preferred room was too much to pay and it wasn't worth that! I wonder what he thinks now that we are talking over $300 for standard!!

Last edited:
We booked Pop for 26-30 Aug through UT a few days ago. I just looked at the Sun, Fun, & Savings discount but the total price is $36 more compared to the UT price!

Was really hoping for FD in early August. The room discount isn’t blowing me away. Keeping fingers crossed some early August dates may be added. We’re going July 31-August 8.

Was really hoping for FD in early August. The room discount isn’t blowing me away. Keeping fingers crossed some early August dates may be added. We’re going July 31-August 8.
We are arriving August 5th. I’m surprised they split free dining dates up like that.

We are wanting to stay at CBR I can only imagine the price for it since the skyliner is there now.
I got a decent deal for 23 through 30th 6 day tix and quick service dining with the sun and fun discount $3400 now 10 yrs ago I stayed Poly CL for that price with a 40% off room code but those are rare..

Ok folks I have a "what do ya think" question....
In 2019 WDW released a 20-30% discount on Jan 2nd and it ended in March
In 2020 WDW released a 15 to 25% discount on Jan 6th which just ended at the end of Feb
Both are the "general public" discount good from April 1st thru the middle of September

In 2019 WDW release a 2nd general public discount from the end of May thru the end of August.
The big question is do WE think WDW will again release a similar discount that covers the summer that its most recent discount covered?

Unfortunately, circumstances have impacted our August trip (first week). Not only do we need to reduce days but we also need to move resorts to PoP Century.....PLUS we loose the discount we had on a room at Wilderness Lodge. 🙁 🙁 🙁:oops:

I'm aware no one here has the WDW room discount silver ball.........just wondering what folks think :confused3

Doug :goofy:

PS..........haven't changed the signature because I have changed the reservation yet :(

I think they will have some kind of an offer. I just don't think we will see it until maybe the end of april. I'm probably wrong though and it will come out sooner ;)

In 2019 WDW released a 20-30% discount on Jan 2nd and it ended in March
In 2020 WDW released a 15 to 25% discount on Jan 6th which just ended at the end of Feb
Both are the "general public" discount good from April 1st thru the middle of September

In 2019 WDW release a 2nd general public discount from the end of May thru the end of August.
The big question is do WE think WDW will again release a similar discount that covers the summer that its most recent discount covered?

Unfortunately, circumstances have impacted our August trip (first week). Not only do we need to reduce days but we also need to move resorts to PoP Century.....PLUS we loose the discount we had on a room at Wilderness Lodge. 🙁 🙁 🙁:oops:

I'm aware no one here has the WDW room discount silver ball.........just wondering what folks think :confused3

PS..........haven't changed the signature because I have changed the reservation yet :(
It sounds our situation too. Had to cancel at the Wilderness and moved to Music Resort.

Well I made the adjustment to our August reservation. Moved to PoP and cut 2 days off at the end.........not happy about losing WL but it was unavoidable 🙁 On the brightside the CM I was working with was able to keep our discount :P A little light in a less than happy moment. In the end we're still going to Walt Disney World......so I shouldn't complain.:flower:

Wasn’t there a summer discount for August released already? I just went to check and its not there anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!