August 2020 Code Watch

My travel agent posted yesterday that there was an exclusive offer for the first week in August . August 1-8. Only two resorts Pop and CBR. I got a quote for CBR standard room and it was 249.75 a night. Not sure that is dates we want so I didn’t take it. I maybe will wait to see what discounts Disney may release.

My travel agent posted yesterday that there was an exclusive offer for the first week in August . August 1-8. Only two resorts Pop and CBR. I got a quote for CBR standard room and it was 249.75 a night. Not sure that is dates we want so I didn’t take it. I maybe will wait to see what discounts Disney may release.
Is that with tax? Because it’s not much of a discount. On the WDW site, the room is $257/night for those dates. :confused3

Last year my agency quote for August 10 at Yacht club standard ended up being more than the room direct with a summer discount. I cancelled and booked Garden view for less.

I’m in no rush to book now.

Last edited:
Accounting to Mousesavers, discounts fro August stays came out in January. For August stays in 2018 the discounts came out in April. I am hoping for January this year. I booked a 7 night stay from 8/20 - 8/27 at CSR Tower and would love 20% off.

Is that with tax? Because it’s not much of a discount. On the WDW site, the room is $257/night for those dates. :confused3

Last year my agency quote for August 10 at Yacht club standard ended up being more than the room direct with a summer discount. I cancelled and booked Garden view for less.

I’m in no rush to book now.
Well I’m not sure but I’m guessing it included tax.

I booked Pop with the bounceback and it is a fortune. Still need to upgrade park tickets. Not thrilled with staying at Pop, although for a short trip it is awesome. Just looking for a resort that has more to offer on no park days. Why is there so much talk about the agency discount not happening? I checked the history and usually, the Labor Day deals come out in October. Wondering if there is some other talk that I have not heard about.
I heard Pop rates will be going up because of the new skyliner having a station there. That's too bad because it had been one of our favorite "value" resorts. Not so much of a value at $175+/night.

My quote for 2020 is $3k more than a quote I got 3 years ago. 3 years ago we were bringing my daughter for her bday with 3 friends. This time bringing a different daughter with only 1 friend for her birthday. Last time with the cheaper rate we were staying at CSR this time Pop. I am having a hard time swallowing the prices. Both cases we had "free dining".

We are wanting to stay at CBR I can only imagine the price for it since the skyliner is there now.

Following as well! We are going end of August :)

My quote for 2020 is $3k more than a quote I got 3 years ago. 3 years ago we were bringing my daughter for her bday with 3 friends. This time bringing a different daughter with only 1 friend for her birthday. Last time with the cheaper rate we were staying at CSR this time Pop. I am having a hard time swallowing the prices. Both cases we had "free dining".
I know it’s getting ridiculous! We want a moderate this trip and they are about the price a deluxe resort used to be .

Yup only a few years ago, we were going in August for a week at a deluxe with 7 day tickets for around $3500, for 5 people. Not going and paying $2K more now. Not willing to spend thousand more for less rides and higher prices.

Following too! Mother/daughter trip planned for early August. Fingers crossed for free dining!

I booked bounce back in August but was hoping for a room discount. I am accepting staying at Pop but having amazing dining plans for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!