August 2020. Quick Trip

Day 4
This was my last day. My Magic Express was scheduled to pick up at 12:55. My plan was to head to HS and ride Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railroad. I started with one of my favorite Disney breakfasts.
D4F50568-3679-4DDB-ADB8-BFF2414A6C97.jpeg

A red velvet cupcake form Sprinkles that I picked up the day before at Disney Springs. I know these cupcakes aren’t as fancy and photogenic as other Disney cupcakes but they taste the absolute best. Always fresh and sweet with the perfect amount of frosting.
After dropping my bags with bell services I headed to HS on the Skyliner. The line for HS line was VERY long. It moved pretty steadily. Temperature check, security, and park entrance were all very quick and I was in line before official park open. Wait time was posted at 35. I loved the ride. So fun. I headed out and got back to Riviera shortly after 11:30. I went to Bar Riva for a quick lunch. I ordered an iced tea.
7664BACA-4F8D-4D1A-8774-635CAEE23A90.jpeg
I just love the current print n the cups.
I ordered a couple of items because I could t decide which one sounded better.
Grilled Chicken Wings: Roasted Garlic and Lemon-Herb Butter Sauce
D9A10073-70B0-4941-ABC4-F864CBC222F7.jpeg

Baked Brie in Puff Pastry: Fruit Preserves and Grilled Sourdough
A685DD6F-6C5E-4415-9313-652BDBEB736C.jpeg
The wings were okay but pretty boring. The Brie was great. The green had a tangy dressing that was great with the richness of the cheese. Next time I know which one I will order. After lunch it was time to collect my bags and catch my bus. I had a great trip overall. The only negative was the heat which I knew before going. The masks were not a problem for me but I wear one 50+ hours a week at work so I am used to it. I was a little nervous that the magic would not be there but it was. I am excited that I get to go back in September. One last pic- sorry not food related.
FB8504D5-86FD-4070-9B14-083C59F27123.jpeg
I am sure I will never see this again at MCO. For anyone flying in anytime soon the airports had very few food and shopping options available so make sure to bring whatever you may need with you.
Thanks for reading everyone.

Did you happen to notice if ice cream is available at Sprinkles again? At re-opening, they were not doing ice cream with the cupcakes. (Barbarians!!)

Did you happen to notice if ice cream is available at Sprinkles again? At re-opening, they were not doing ice cream with the cupcakes. (Barbarians!!)
No ice cream and no cupcakes in the display case. It was a very different experience then before but the cupcake was still the same.

Great report. Hope you do one for your September trip too! :)
Thanks. September will be a solo trip as well and with the short park hours maybe I can just do a recap each evening to entertain myself.

Staying at the Riviera in Sept for the 1st time - did you happen to notice if Le Petit Cafe had the ice coffee w/ house made whip crm and/or if they were offering the different pastries/cakes options through out the day? Have watched reviews from opening & am already mourning the absence of the monte cristo at the pool bar. Hoping to get fancy coffee & pastries! Any other thoughts/tips on staying at the Riviera? Know this is a dining report but thought I'd ask:)

Staying at the Riviera in Sept for the 1st time - did you happen to notice if Le Petit Cafe had the ice coffee w/ house made whip crm and/or if they were offering the different pastries/cakes options through out the day? Have watched reviews from opening & am already mourning the absence of the monte cristo at the pool bar. Hoping to get fancy coffee & pastries! Any other thoughts/tips on staying at the Riviera? Know this is a dining report but thought I'd ask:)
I do not drink coffee so sorry I did not pay attention to the drinks. They did have 3 or 4 different pastries out each day. I think the Riviera is a great choice right now. I think everything there is open now. The store is pretty small but has a bit of everything. The rooms are beautiful and the Skyliner is awesome. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the report. Can't wait until we get to go again. Reading peoples reports help make the wait better for me! :)

Thanks for sharing...those biscuits and chicken are a must-do for me on our next trip!

Enjoyed your report, thank you!
Glad you enjoyed.
Thanks for the report. Can't wait until we get to go again. Reading peoples reports help make the wait better for me! :)
I know exactly what you mean. I spend a lot of time between trips reading dining reports. I hope this helped at least a little.
Thanks for sharing...those biscuits and chicken are a must-do for me on our next trip!
Youre welcome. I wish a had one of those chicken and biscuits right now.
Thanks for taking the time to review. It all looks delicious
Thanks for reading.

Reactions: DLo
Looks like a great trip! Much appreciate the updated restaurant info, it’s hard to plan with so many closures. I haven’t been to Yak & Yeti in years, but it’s going on my list for my next trip!

I stayed at the Riviera. This was my first time staying at this resort. My room was great and the view was gorgeous.

View attachment 520031

Dinner my first night was at Topolino located on the top floor of the resort. It was nice not to have to go out in the heat to get to the restaurant. There is a scanner to check in but I could not get it to work. The menu was also a scanner code.
View attachment 520039
They bring bread and olive oil to the table.
View attachment 520044
The bread was fresh and the oil was good. Last time I was here there were 2 different olive oils and I loved the stronger one. This was not that one. I did not ask if the other oil was available because I didn’t want to fill up on the bread.

I started with a yummy drink.
Midi Spritz: Magellan Gin, Aperol, Grapefruit, Sainte-Hilaire Blanquette de Limoux Brut. I really enjoyed this.
View attachment 520048
For an appetizer I went with Ricotta: Tomato, Aged Balsamic, Cracked Pepper, Basil, Epi. This was excellent.
View attachment 520052
I choose a pasta for my entree.
Rigatoni: Braised Chicken Sugo, Dandelion Greens, Parmesan-Reggiano
View attachment 520061
This was good but not anything special. I was quite full at this point so I ordered dessert to go.
Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake: Caramel Center, Chantilly, Raspberries
View attachment 520062
This was soooo Yummy.
The restaurant was beautiful and the service was great.
Food looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!