August 2021 Vacation - Orlando Here We Come !!!

No...no official countdown chain for retirement. The early retirement is due to a disability so everything has to get final approval. So with all involved, I am sure I will get the "official" date of retirement before Christmas arrives. I will let you know. In the meantime, I just received my deed for one of the timeshare transfers. I did my application for RCI and am waiting for them to verify and approve my application. It appears we SHOULD be able to go on vacation to Orlando for the month of August.

It's nice to hear you have a DD in UCF. My daughter always admires it as we drive by on our way to Busch Gardens-Tampa. She has said for the last 2 years we went to Florida that she can see herself going to UCF so I am prayerful for that. I hear there is a new passenger train coming that will connect areas to Orlando. I think it will have a stop in the Tampa area too but I haven't confirmed it. I am so excited to plan vacation this year. I already have my Walmart grocery shopping list started. Hopefully my extended will be going along as planned.
It sounds like you may be talking about USF (University of South Florida). We used to live in the Tampa suburbs. I would love to move back to the west coast of FL someday.

Well the time has come to start planning vacation for August 2021. :cheer2: I hope others will come along and share their plans too. We haven't been to Orlando since 2018 and we are hoping to be able to return in August 2021. As of now our dates are kind of up in the air. The 2 options on the table are Saturday 7/31 - Saturday 8/28. Or 8/7 - 9/4. :rolleyes: Leave it all up to me and I say we go for 5 weeks 7/31-9/4. :laughing: We are not sure yet but that is the fun of planning. On our last trip in 2018 we discovered a14 day unlimited pass to all SeaWorld/Busch Gardens parks that includes the waterparks (Aquatica/Adventure Island) and parking for less than $200 per person. My DD14 has little interest in Disney so why spend all that extra money. Instead we will extend our stay with the money we would potentially save. ::yes:: We rent a car so transportation is not an issue. Besides, driving to Tampa/Clearwater Beach area is part of our vacation anyway.
:beach:

This year I am trying again to have some of my family members to join us for at least 1 or 2 weeks. :grouphug: Also, I just purchased a timeshare on resale market. So now I will no longer have to rent timeshare units from owners. I will officially be an owner and can trade into some very nice Orlando resorts. So I am very excited about that!!! :goodvibes

As of now, I plan for us to stay at a different resort for every week of our 4 -5 week vacation. I watched MANY YouTube videos of different ones and came up with a list a list of places to try. So far on my list are Sheraton Vistana Resort, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Hilton Grand Vacations-Tuscany Village, Hilton Grand Vacations-SeaWorld, and Grand Beach Resort. We have always enjoyed our stays at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Orange Lake Resort and Westgate Resort. I thought that maybe we can try something different during our extended stay. We will probably still stay at Westgate and Orange Lake for a week each and then add a week at 2 NEW places. Eventually I will narrow it down based on availability. But I appreciate having options and enjoy doing the research.
:surfweb:

So lets share our off-site vacation plans for August 2021. Where do you plan to stay off-site, where do you plan on dining, what are some of your favorite off-site restaurants. If you are staying in a timeshare unit, do you plan to make some quick meals. What off-site attractions are in your vacation plans? Lets enjoy the countdown. :cool1:
Just a heads-up for you, in case you didn't notice, but some of the places you listed for this trip have a daily resort fee. It irritates me to no end that they do this now!

Happy planning!!! :)

Just a heads-up for you, in case you didn't notice, but some of the places you listed for this trip have a daily resort fee. It irritates me to no end that they do this now!

Happy planning!!! :)

I don't mind the daily resort fee so much when I can see the amenities and entertainment that's included. Staying at a timeshare resort is part of the vacation. It should be more than just a place to sleep and shower. When we stay at timeshare resorts, it is a part of the vacation. Not just a place to sleep and shower. We enjoy the pool games and parties, dive-in movies, mini-movie theaters, kids club etc.

Your plan sounds fun, and I love the end of August in Orlando. I’m actually thinking of booking two weeks of getaways the last two weeks of August next year (if they’re still available; I’m not ready to commit yet, but Sheraton Vistana Resort shows 2 bedroom units).

I personally prefer to settle in and not move resorts if possible. I feel like between packing up in the morning, dealing with food as well, checking into other resort, and timeshares rarely have any villas available early so waiting until afternoon to get in and unpack again, I’m losing a day. I’d rather stay at the same resort if I could (and ask them if I can stay in the same villa if I’m there multiple weeks; it’s easier for the resort to do that as they don’t have to do a full turnover). Just something to consider. I know many here on the Dis like split stays, but I’ve only done that if I can’t avoid it.

Your plan sounds fun, and I love the end of August in Orlando. I’m actually thinking of booking two weeks of getaways the last two weeks of August next year (if they’re still available; I’m not ready to commit yet, but Sheraton Vistana Resort shows 2 bedroom units).

I personally prefer to settle in and not move resorts if possible. I feel like between packing up in the morning, dealing with food as well, checking into other resort, and timeshares rarely have any villas available early so waiting until afternoon to get in and unpack again, I’m losing a day. I’d rather stay at the same resort if I could (and ask them if I can stay in the same villa if I’m there multiple weeks; it’s easier for the resort to do that as they don’t have to do a full turnover). Just something to consider. I know many here on the Dis like split stays, but I’ve only done that if I can’t avoid it.
I get it about the inconvenience of packing up and moving. But it's almost like vacation is ending while packing up, but as you drive to another resort, vacation is beginning at a new resort with new surroundings. Moving around gives your vacation a sense of renewal. Matter of personal preference and viewpoint. Glass half full mentality. I wouldn't mind staying at the same resort for 2 weeks, but I REFUSE to stay in one spot for more than that. There are far too many resorts in the Orlando area to limit yourself to only one when there for multiple weeks. The various resort amenities on different properties is part of the fun. While waiting for your room, use the time to go explore what will be going on while you are there. Go get a souvenir from the gift shop to commemorate that vacation. It's only a day wasted if you waste it sitting around waiting. There is far too much going on around you to waste time doing that. Carry on with your vacation as usual. Plan on spending the day at the resort on moving day. Every day doesn't have to be a "theme park" adventure when you are staying there for more than a week. Usually DH will hang around and join a game of volleyball or we take a walk around. The kids enjoy the pool or get acquainted with the kids club. Now my DD14 is older and I am sure she'd rather find a lounge chair by the pool and "chill" or find somewhere to get online with her friends. It's all about making good use of the time you have. As far as transporting the groceries, I pack the frozen stuff in ziploc bags and use it to keep other stuff cold. I pick up a few Hot/Cold bags at Dollar tree for transporting stuff and it holds a lot. We don't overbuy too many groceries anyway. Also I buy my laundry detergent at Dollar Tree too. Why buy brand name detergents while on vacation? I do leave some opened food items behind and buy new/fresh for the new resort. It's vacation, and the purpose is to enjoy it and don't make it feel like work. Make it fun and enjoyable.

Well I am discovering airfare rates on Frontier airlines are very low and in a comfortable price range for early Aug - early Sept. I am scared to commit since they don't have the same change/cancel policies like Southwest. I am scared plans and circumstances can change. I think travel should be more safe this year once vaccines are administered. I don't know if I actually believe it or not since I am so hesitant to book airfare right now.

Have you looked at doing Discovery Cove?

For not much more money, you get your DC day including all food/drink/amenities, plus the add-on for 14days at SW, Aquatica, and BG, and free parking at all the parks.

It actually might even be cheaper depending on your DC date and whether you do the dolphin swim. Bought our day on Black Friday deal and it was $178 on a Sat including all 3 other parks. I'll save another $150 in parking fees over a week's vacation too. Can't beat it.

Have you looked at doing Discovery Cove?

For not much more money, you get your DC day including all food/drink/amenities, plus the add-on for 14days at SW, Aquatica, and BG, and free parking at all the parks.

It actually might even be cheaper depending on your DC date and whether you do the dolphin swim. Bought our day on Black Friday deal and it was $178 on a Sat including all 3 other parks. I'll save another $150 in parking fees over a week's vacation too. Can't beat it.
I have to look into the possibility of adding Discovery Cove. Right now the benefits thru my employer(active/retired) offers us many discounts on travel. I noticed on our company website the other day, the 14 day unlimited Seaworld parks tickets were only $99 each if traveling before March. I am hoping there will be similar discounts for summer travel and that may offer an option/incentive to visit DC for a day. I will at least research it as an option of something new/different to do on vacation that we never did before. Thanks for the suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter