August 9-16, 2018: The Northern European Cruise is MAGIC! (Completed!)

I know this sounds naive, but I specifically called Disney shore excursions & asked about the Hermitage on a Monday & they said it was going to tour...have they "lied" about this in the past?? I would want to reconsider my choice if this is the case.
I have no idea--it may not be a lie so much as the person you talked to sees the excursion listed and thinks it's happening...and as they work with local tour guides, maybe the guides haven't communicated the fact that Hermitage is closed on Mondays. I'm just surprised that they're offering excursions with the Hermitage on a day they're normally closed. It's possible Disney has paid extra to open it...but that's usually for the evening excursions that cost extra--like the evening hermitage with private concert. I don't know what to say.

I have no idea--it may not be a lie so much as the person you talked to sees the excursion listed and thinks it's happening...and as they work with local tour guides, maybe the guides haven't communicated the fact that Hermitage is closed on Mondays. I'm just surprised that they're offering excursions with the Hermitage on a day they're normally closed. It's possible Disney has paid extra to open it...but that's usually for the evening excursions that cost extra--like the evening hermitage with private concert. I don't know what to say.

Yes, I'm not sure either. I guess I will just take my chances and cross my fingers for some Disney "magic", lol! Thanks again for all of your help. This cruise has been the most overwhelming for me to plan on the excursions, but I'm so excited!

Geomon, thank you so much for this report. It took me several days to read it when I had short moments at work. I appreciate the effort to write this up and with so much detail, as well as all the followup responses answering questions.

We're doing the 7 Day leaving Aug 1, 2019. I CAN'T WAIT! A group of 4 adults, first DCL for DW and I.

Geomon, thank you so much for this report. It took me several days to read it when I had short moments at work. I appreciate the effort to write this up and with so much detail, as well as all the followup responses answering questions.

We're doing the 7 Day leaving Aug 1, 2019. I CAN'T WAIT! A group of 4 adults, first DCL for DW and I.
Thanks for reading it! Have a great cruise! We loved our trip and it really is a great way to sample so many countries!

I remember reading your alaska report before we went to alaska. And now we are plannign this same cruise for august!! So glad I found your trip report!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts