August 9, 2021 Disney Wonder Alaska

lovingeire

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! We just booked the August 9th sailing to Alaska next year! Seven nights of adventure! Who is ready to explore the final American frontier with us????

Itinerary:

DayPortGuest AshoreGuest Onboard
1Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada--4:00 pm
2Day at Sea----
3Dawes Glacier, Alaska----
4Skagway, Alaska7:15 am8:00 pm
5Juneau, Alaska6:45 am4:45 pm
6Ketchikan, Alaska11:15 am7:45 pm
7Day at Sea----
8Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada8:00 am--

We are going! Four adults, four kids who will be ranging in ages from 4-11. Can't wait!

Awesome! We are so excited! We'll just have our 10 (will turn 11 at the end of the cruise) and 7 year old with us. I spent way too much time today watching a vlog series someone did about their Alaskan cruise!

Me too! I need to step away from the vlogs. It's making me way too excited for a trip that is 1.5 years away. We'll be celebrating my youngest's birthday on the trip as well.

My husband just shook his head at me because I could not stop watching! I watched the Young at the Parks Alaska series, although I still have their final sea day to watch, and it was pretty good. A few things I skipped through because I have been on a few Disney cruises, but their reviews of port excursions, the character lines and some other things were really interesting and well done!

Hi! My DH and I will be on board; we are leaving our boys behind! Not gonna lie - I have some guilt about it. But, this is too expensive a trip to bring boys who are mostly “meh” about it. (Or feel like they *should* go because it’s Alaska.) Plus, it gives them something to look forward to doing as adults!, if they so choose. 😉 We’re excited!!!

Hi! My DH and I will be on board; we are leaving our boys behind! Not gonna lie - I have some guilt about it. But, this is too expensive a trip to bring boys who are mostly “meh” about it. (Or feel like they *should* go because it’s Alaska.) Plus, it gives them something to look forward to doing as adults!, if they so choose. 😉 We’re excited!!!

Fun! An adults only trip will be amazing! I have a little guilt as we are leaving our oldest son at home and taking the younger two, but as you said, it's super expensive and we're taking him to drink around the world for his 21st birthday about 6 months before the cruise so I'm sure he'll survive. My middle son is the one dying to go to Alaska!

We’re on the same cruise (our second DCL). Two kids 9&11.
Our PIF date is coming up early April. Clearly concerns about the Coronavirus across the forum.
Do you think they will extend PIF date?
I’m optimistic that by August this will either be under control or the new normal.

We’re on the same cruise (our second DCL). Two kids 9&11.
Our PIF date is coming up early April. Clearly concerns about the Coronavirus across the forum.
Do you think they will extend PIF date?
I’m optimistic that by August this will either be under control or the new normal.

Are you sailing in 2020 or 2021? We are sailing in 2021 and I expect Covid-19 to be a non-issue by then. But this year I'd make sure I had some solid travel insurance. But I'd probably still go unless DCL canceled the sailing. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, etc. You'll be good!

Doh! We’re on 2020 cruise. I guess you’ll be able to ask me questions in time for your cruise.

No worries at all! Wishing you a safe, healthy and MAGICAL voyage! Can't wait to hear all about it! Please share with us your opinions on excursions, ship activities, etc. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi there, this is our first cruise and first Disney cruise so we could use all and any advice! Going for our honeymoon

Welcome! What a magical honeymoon you'll have! Disney cruises are so much fun! I highly recommend making a reservation for dinner or brunch at Palo, the adults only restaurant on board, to celebrate your marriage! :)

We are definitely thinking of Palo for brunch! Just wondered if it was really worth it because all of the food is included. What makes it so special? Also, since this is our first cruise, woukd you recommend doing fish extenders or just going along for the ride? Not sure how intense to get!

We are definitely thinking of Palo for brunch! Just wondered if it was really worth it because all of the food is included. What makes it so special? Also, since this is our first cruise, woukd you recommend doing fish extenders or just going along for the ride? Not sure how intense to get!

I definitely think Palo is worth it! The cost is pretty nominal, but the experience is top notch. My husband and I went on our last family cruise and enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food. We did brunch so we didn't miss out on the main dining room as we were sailing with my parents for their 50th and they wanted to have dinner together each night. I have mixed feelings on fish extenders personally. I loved doing them when I went with my family because my kids were so excited to come home and see what we had. I found it a little stressful getting everything together though as I'm a bit of a perfectionist and a procrastinator! (Not a good combo!) Our cruise page voted on groups of 10 though so it wasn't too crazy! I really enjoyed our magnet and ornament exchange because they were a little more low key, but still a great treat. I know that a lot of groups do adult only fish extenders and that's pretty cool. I think it just depends on how you personally feel about it! Honestly I do plan to do the fish extenders again for this cruise though so they obviously didn't damage my psyche too much! LOL! I definitely recommend decorating your door!

Thanks so much for the advice! We will definitely look into Palo! Although it sounds like they will have to roll me out of there! I think I will have to think more about doing fish extenders but appreciate your honesty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter