August in Disney with a 5 and 7yo!

mediadiva

Mouseketeer
Hello, this is our trip report! I am not sure how to do this but will try to get it right.... the links will be the hardest part!

We planned about 6 months out and decided to go right before school started. We hopped to catch a the slight drop in crowd levels (not by much!) and hoped the rain would cool us down. It seemed VERY crowded and only rained once (and it did cool things down nicely!).

Photos
I have something like 200 photos but I am just sharing a few here, so hard to pick heh! I am going to buy the Disney Photo Pass but some photos are missing so I have to call to have some photos hopefully added from our Grand Floridan Character Dinning experience. One photo from another band showed up so I think they can time find the lost ones hopefully based on that one photo. We have about 78 photos we had taken while there (I can't believe so many!) and we didn't buy the magic photo thing, and I am glad because it saves me money its $119 after the visit for a CD or download of everything, no ride photos but thats fine. I wish I could share those photos (A&E!) but will have to wait until I call to add a few!

14823221200_4613ccb71e_z.jpg

My Husband
He loved eating those turkey legs and pork things. These are the photos he smiles in the biggest! I think we stopped once every day for them at the various places. My little one is a good eater and loved sharing them with him. He seemed to relax more at the end of the trip but I think thats because he knew we would go home soon lol! If you have cranky men, find them some turkey legs!

14823321627_5724e92d86_z.jpg

The weather
We brought those togg towels to keep us cool but never remembered to bring them to the park. We wound up buying one of the blue water fan things they sell and it kept the kids very entertained and helped keep us cool so it was worth it. I purchased an umbrella at Epcot in China and it was VERY worth it, we had the kids names put on it in chinese but I used it during particular hot walks to fast passes and waits for buses (kids in crowds with am umreballa = disaster).

It was really hot, I won't lie. I will not go again that time of year. We still had an amazing time.

We went to Downtown Disney the day we arrived after chilling in our Cars suite and unpacking. I forgot my camera and my phone was dead. We enjoyed the lego store and ate at Trex and my daughter loves crushing a geode and looking for bones while my little one slept.

15006734491_43bf5c3ec2_z.jpg

Magical Moments
Magic Moment #1 - An entire bus singing happy birthday to my youngest. She had been singing happy birthday to herself and the driver heard her and had everyone sing. it was super cute.

Magic Moment #2 - Getting off of the buzz light year ride in MK around 10pm, and as it was very empty a lovely cast member gave rowan an 8x10 photo for free when I went to go look at ours and see the cost. My little one was sad my score was higher then hers and the photo has 5 stars under her and only 1 under me and she was thrilled to be "5 stars" and said she would share some of those stars with me :D so cute!!! The cast member wrote "Magic Moment" very pretty on the inside of the envelope.

Magic Moment #3 - The Princess lunch in Epcot brought out a blue ice themed cupcake for my oldest (whose birthday is next week and this trip was part of the celebration) I think they must have seen her button on, not sure how they knew because other restaurants didn't do it even though I marked it in the reservation.. which was fine, but it was such a nice surprise to get the cupcake. They also brought her a birthday card and every princess had signed it!! She had told me at the begging of the trip she wished she had a tshirt they could all sign (which was clever but I didn't bring a sharpie or a tshirt!) and so I thought it was so neat she sort of got that! I may try to trace and transfer them onto a shirt.

Magic Moment #4 - We had a fast pass for the fantasy parade and situated ourselves close to the front directly in front of the castle. It was literally the perfect spot. I was just with my youngest and she was in full Tiana dress and crown and when Tiana saw her she tried to show the princess but the float turned, well it wound up coming right back around in front of us and Tiana threw her a flower!!! It was so cool!! Then later mini mouse saw my daughter doing this funny little pose and copied her and everyone around us went crazy when minnie rester her hands on her checks just like my daughter. It was beyond cute!

15009461172_4523c6276c_z.jpg

14823899197_d609158594_z.jpg
The lady next to me got the picture of minnie posing but my camera missed it, but at-least I got this!

15009462482_326f1f4128_z.jpg

My guess is Tiana throws this to the first child she see's in her dress, but I don't know for sure. We were situated at the front of the parade directly inn front of the castle.

Magic Moment #5 - I was talking to a cast member how sad I was the lego store had so few girl things (and I don't mean the purple themed "friends" collection, my girls want super hero females and regular girl stuff) They were sold out of the 3 pack girl scientist set. Sold out of ANY girl hair to make a mini female figure (thousands of boy hair pieces, literally) no female superhero's and no Wyldstyle unless you spent $50!! Well the very nice cast member went into the back and found a broken Wyldstyle keychain, the lego figure was complete fine so she gave it to me for free! We plan to shave off the connector for the chain and it will be just like a regular lego figure! Such kind people.

The Big Blue Pool
My kids loved this, we never even went to the cars pool. The big blue pool is amazing. They need more umbrella's though.

14794092269_fdaaa9911d_o.jpg

14823219278_922c466298_z.jpg

14986851236_fe65daa918_z.jpg

Meet & Greets
We used 70% of our fast passes for these, it was so nice to be able to do so many. My 5yo just loved them so much.

14823199050_46e810dcac_z.jpg

Getting "dusted" at castle couture before meeting Anna and Elsa.

14986867836_91c114226b_z.jpg

14823103739_d4871b84b3_z.jpg

14823106229_5df1ec3b7e_c.jpg

Animal Kingdom
The Dinosaur ride was insane. We wound up in the front, I literally hid my head in my 5yo's shoulder during this ride. The photos of everyone in the front seats are very funny when you exit, half of the riders did the same thing so I don't feel so bad.

My 7yo wanted her face painted. I knew it was a total waste of money but she actually had it on her face for a long time. My 5yo got pluto, we took a picture and 10 minutes later she asked us to wash it off. I told them we would not be doing it again so enjoy it. I did it mainly because my 7yo was so patient the entire trip and very well behaved.

14823222690_4040f247d2_z.jpg

Gastons
This was a really excellent resting spot and the meat was great, we wound up staying in fantasy land during the fireworks and parade, to wait for our fast pass on the mine train. We really loved this spot and it had great lighting for photos. We rested here waiting for the sun to go down and cool off after meeting tinker bell.

14823317197_c43a0bd94e_z.jpg

15009841435_0bda570240_z.jpg

Favorite Rides
My kids adore test track in Epcot

15009445762_4e7d947f37_z.jpg

Barber Shop
This was perfect and affordable and fun! I spent $10 for one to get bangs trimmed and hair put up, and $5 for the other one to get her hair put up. No buns but loads of glitter they loved it. I walked up and had a 10 minute wait no reservation!

14823116059_a916fdd311_z.jpg

14823714519_ae3f11c063_z.jpg

Portal Game
My 7yo simply adored this, she wanted to do it a lot. My husband went off with her for a few hours and they had a blast. She wanted to trade cards with other kids but we didn't get a change to try. I think they should make cute card holder lanyards other kids can spot to trade with each other.

15009474592_d6cb5b8986_z.jpg

15010058732_29c1f19222_z.jpg

Malificent
My girls where a little confused why she was the bad guy all over the park.. in the show at the castle and in the portal game. To them she is good from the recent movie. They didn't like her being a bad person.

Animals
My girls loved all the "friendly" birds around. One wanted my daughters cheeto's quite badly.
14823796910_c22ea7aa67_z.jpg

Our Loot
We scored an Elsa dress from MK. The ones from HS are actually different. Not sure which I like better. We already had Anna. The Elsa dress was an impulse purchase but I thought it would be super cute when they met them to be dressed that way. The pressure of knowing they would "sell out by the afternoon" and I went for it, eek!
We got a Belle and Tiana Tiera.
A Tiana dress (the planned souvenir of the trip for the 5yo)
A dog puppet from Epcot China which was my 7yo's souvenir/memory purchase. She really loves it, so random!
I secretly snuck the light up Olaf, going to put it in a front window of our house for winter this year for fun! I wanted a stuffed Sven, but you have to go to HS and we didn't want to go there.
I snagged an almost sold out brand new Mine Craft lego set from the lego store and the wyldstyle free keychain from the cast member.
My little one loves the buzz lightyear ride so much (we went 3 times!) we picked out a functional beach towl the girls can use at bath time.
Anna & Elsa pins for our collection.
Popcorn for family members as thankyou's for watching the dog and checking the mail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter