August MK Hours

DVC92

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at the August park hours and MK is closing at 9:00 PM most nights. Are they serious? It seems most of the 10 PM closings are only to accommodate an after hours paid event. It wasn't long ago that MK would routinely close at midnight in the summer and have EMH until 3 in the morning.

Yeah we've been here this week and been surprised by the short hours at the parks for July. We kept waiting and waiting for them to be increased like they usually are the month before, and this time they weren't increased. MK was still very full tonight when it closed, with wait times over an hour listed for many of the big attractions near closing. You can imagine how crazy the lines for the resort buses were with everyone pretty much having to leave at once, shortly after the fireworks ended.

It often happens in the early afternoon Eastern time.

Part of me thinks there won't be a ton of changes for Aug, but you'd think there should be some on the fringes.

I am curious to watch for any closing time changes at DHS at the end of the month and the few days it usually spills into the following month.

I'm also going in August and am disappointed by the early closing times currently listed. Looking at the same weeks from last year I see that most parks were opened at least an hour later than the currently posted times and MK was sometimes 2 hours later. Fingers crossed the closing times get updated.

Do they typically only release "extra" FP during the time when they extended the hours? So if the hours extend from 9-10pm, there's just more FP released around 830/9 timeframe? Or is it possible we see more FP times at say like, 2pm? We got all the headliners I just want to move them up earlier and wasn't sure if it was worth watching the hours closely for a FP drop.

Do they typically only release "extra" FP during the time when they extended the hours? So if the hours extend from 9-10pm, there's just more FP released around 830/9 timeframe? Or is it possible we see more FP times at say like, 2pm? We got all the headliners I just want to move them up earlier and wasn't sure if it was worth watching the hours closely for a FP drop.

I know that they do add more fastpasses for the adjusted new extra hours. i dont however know when they release them or if it effects any other fast pass time frames besides the newly added hour(s) ones

Looks like some hours for my trip (16-24) were update but not a ton. MK till 10 a couple of days and AK till 930 a few. Nothing too crazy. Might be anticiapting low crowds pre-SWGE (or they are not done updating them perhaps).

Looks like some hours for my trip (16-24) were update but not a ton. MK till 10 a couple of days and AK till 930 a few. Nothing too crazy. Might be anticiapting low crowds pre-SWGE (or they are not done updating them perhaps).
I’m there same week and don’t see any hours updated, I think the two 10 pm nights were already there.

I’m there same week and don’t see any hours updated, I think the two 10 pm nights were already there.

Its possible, but I had a spreadsheet with each park's hours and i had to make some changes after looking today (some 9pm to 10pms for MK and some 830-930pms for AK). Hopefully you are right and maybe I missed it before, because I was hoping for more hours expansion and if this is all they did that would stink.

Any chance they will adjust hours day of? If the parks were crowded (admittedly years ago) they would make an announcement, in the park that it would remain open till whatever (a specific time)

Its possible, but I had a spreadsheet with each park's hours and i had to make some changes after looking today (some 9pm to 10pms for MK and some 830-930pms for AK). Hopefully you are right and maybe I missed it before, because I was hoping for more hours expansion and if this is all they did that would stink.
Could be that I was looking for more too and am wrong. Regardless the hours are not good. Especially with early closes for Halloween parties in mid august 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter