August MK Hours

Our MK day on August 7th went from 9-11pm EMH to 10-midnight EMH (yay! :cloud9:). I have been trying hard to get a FP for 8:30pm (or later now) for BTMRR (we have a dinner reservation at 6:15 then FP for Splash at 7:30pm and really would like BTMRR for 8:30pm but couldn't get it at 60+1 days out). I like to FP Splash and BTMRR while we are at the back of the park. I've been checking constantly since the extra hour has been added today, but no luck. Will Disney add more FP for BTMRR now that official park close went from 9 to 10? Is it worth it to keep checking?

Yes. I would check today and over the weekend. Fastpasses should open up from 9-10 pm.

How crowded are EMH in the evening lately at MK? Are the waits still fairly long (30 min +) up until closing at the headliners?

Just got the BTMRR FP that we wanted! I had an alert that my 8:30FP to Peter Pan was changed - I logged on to see that it was still there, but figured it might be because of the additional hour added that night, so I checked and ... they added more FP! Yay! So now we are back to back FP for Splash and BTMRR:-) So if anyone is looking for additional FP at the MK, they may have added for the other days too!

How crowded are EMH in the evening lately at MK? Are the waits still fairly long (30 min +) up until closing at the headliners?
In my experience, the first hour is still pretty crowded but it drops off for most things quite a bit after that.

We are there 8/13-17, can anyone tell me if 8/14 EMH goes 10-12?

In my experience, the first hour is still pretty crowded but it drops off for most things quite a bit after that.
Our August experience does not match yours, unfortunately. MK 10-12 has always been packed. We avoid it. Maybe it is because, for our early August dates, it is the only free MK late night of the week?

Our August experience does not match yours, unfortunately. MK 10-12 has always been packed. We avoid it. Maybe it is because, for our early August dates, it is the only free MK late night of the week?

Packed crowds during the only late night 12am closing for EMH) would be the one reason we may go to VAH on Aug 8 during our trip.

I sent an email to George Kalogridis at lunch and got a call within a few hours. Called them back as I was working. She said that MK was open at 10 on Sat and that I could rearrange my days. I said I have a FoP FP in the evening that I don't want to give up. Then she said she would rearrange my FPs for me but I said I needed to stay at AK that day as I had other plans. She couldn't say they would be changed. In fact she said that they usually adjust hours based on how busy it is and then said its been busy all summer so she was surprised they weren't longer. Told me to call if I could think of something thy could do for me.
Nice having that email you can pull out as needed, isn't it.
:worship:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter