August........Trip Reports

HI Thanks for the answer. Now the cone is showing central florida as target, although only as a Tropical Storm, i'm afraid i would need to close my camper wet/while raining. Do you know if that parks will close in the case of the storm going there? Thanks :)
Sometimes the parks do close for storm. The front desk will be in contact if they deem it necessary. I'm seeing that Saturday should be the day it gets to Florida. I hope everyone stays safe and it fizzles out.

Sometimes the parks do close for storm. The front desk will be in contact if they deem it necessary. I'm seeing that Saturday should be the day it gets to Florida. I hope everyone stays safe and it fizzles out.
As Denise has stated DISNEY has on a very few occasions shut down PARK operations for safety concerns where EXTREME Weather is concerned I wouldn't be too concerned unless of course you meet this guy
FB_IMG_1566935462851_1534820064587271.jpgFB_IMG_1566935462851_1534820064587271.jpg

As Denise has stated DISNEY has on a very few occasions shut down PARK operations for safety concerns where EXTREME Weather is concerned I wouldn't be too concerned unless of course you meet this guy
View attachment 430135View attachment 430135

I remember last year when our GSP Dismeet was being broken up by a potential early June hurricane. This guy showed up two towns over and that was close enough for most of us to start to pack up.

Seriously, hopefully this will remain a TS and not develop into a hurricane. The latest NHC models however are not promising.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your answers!, it seems the cone is moving more north, i hope it keeps moving up. LOL Jim Cantore, I know, scary. Well i guess i will wait, im due to check in tomorrow, but would not arrive until Friday early Morning. Crossing fingers.

We are due to arrive Friday morning, as well. Currently on the fence about moving our ressie to another time. Watching closely today to see if the cone keeps moving North, as it has been. A Cat 2-3 gives us concern.

Plus, we have to consider kids & school. We live in the FL panhandle and would be driving home through the backside of it on Monday.

Part of me wants to chance it and stick with the plan. The crowds should be thinner at the parks.

Time will tell, we have more time to make our decision.

Yeah, we live in south florida (FLL), so the way back would not be as bad. I am just concerned about the winds at the campsites. But i guess they will evacuate us to another resort perhaps. Friday and Saturday looks like good days to go to the parks ;)

Smarter heads prevailed and we just made the decision to cancel this weekend. It's just not a good idea for us to go. We would be driving home on Monday, when the storm is due to come on shore. We've hurrevac'd before and I don't enjoy the thought of being parked in a MoHo on a highway with everyone else, when a storm is blowing across the roads. :(

Plus, it may get in the GOM and then we have to think about our home area and what to do. I will say that if Dorian comes west and into NW FL, we will be heading East to Orlando then!

Smarter heads prevailed and we just made the decision to cancel this weekend. It's just not a good idea for us to go. We would be driving home on Monday, when the storm is due to come on shore. We've hurrevac'd before and I don't enjoy the thought of being parked in a MoHo on a highway with everyone else, when a storm is blowing across the roads. :(

Plus, it may get in the GOM and then we have to think about our home area and what to do. I will say that if Dorian comes west and into NW FL, we will be heading East to Orlando then!

Hate you had to come to this decision, but safer is certainly better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter