August Trip What else do I need?

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
We are heading to California on Aug 4th. We are heading out with our 2 sons and their wives to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We are landing in LAX and going to the Best Western Park Place for 5 nights. Our plan goes as follows

Sat get to LA get a car and get to hotel DS! and wife may meet up with her cousin. DH and I will explore and Ds2 and his wife are getting in later.

Sun DL/DCA
Mon Universal
Tues DL/DCA
Wed DL/DCA
Thur undecided I have not bought tickets and am torn between3/4 days. If we do 4 day we will do a morning doing what we missed and then head down to San Diego and try to hit the beach
Fri zoo
Sat head home

Any thoughts

Try posting this in the Disneyland (California) forum, too. You'll get lots of good advice and suggestions there!
For tickets, check Mousesavers.com to see if there are any deals which give a 4th day free. Also look at LMT to compare the ticket discounts. Don't pay the membership fee -- just use Google for a free code.

Have you considered staying in the LA area on Saturday night and doing Universal on Sunday before heading to Anaheim? That would save you a lot of back and forth to LA.

You can buy a 3-day ticket and decide before the end of the third day whether you want to upgrade it to a 4th day. So decide at dinnertime Wednesday whether you've done enough and what the weather looks like for a beach day in San Diego.

PHXscuba

I agree with PHXscuba, I'd stay in LA the first night, do Universal, then 3 days at DL, then 2 days in San Diego. The commute from Anaheim to Universal City on a Monday (rush hour both ways) is not pretty, and by driving to Anaheim Sunday night you would avoid it.

Thanks for the suggestion about a different hotel for Sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!