August W.I.S.H. Challenge - The Sunday of Summer

My Chicken Pesto recipe is a go to during the school year. It’s an easy crockpot meal. Combine 4 boneless chicken breast, 1 ranch seasonings packet, 1 jar of pesto & 1/2 c chicken broth. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred. I like it best as a meal served on rice. Can also be served with a crusty bread and served like a dip.

My Chicken Pesto recipe is a go to during the school year. It’s an easy crockpot meal. Combine 4 boneless chicken breast, 1 ranch seasonings packet, 1 jar of pesto & 1/2 c chicken broth. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred. I like it best as a meal served on rice. Can also be served with a crusty bread and served like a dip.
That sounds wonderful!

I spoke with my doctor today about the ADA form, and she may not be able to fill it out for me because of the legal ramifications. All of the patients in her practice are in the same position as me. She also said not to return to work without it...let's just wait and see because this situation is unprecedented. I haven't felt this helpless in a long time. Maybe she is hoping that the governor will come to his senses and just go to 100% remote learning. So tomorrow, after the hurricane and tornado warnings pass, I'm dropping the form off for her to look at. So, I'm in a holding pattern. The only thing left to do is PRAY.

In the meantime, we battened down the hatches and are hunkering down until the storm is over.
Stay safe!

OK, responding to a variety of things here-

keep telling my husband we should move to Florida so I can get a part time job at Disney. But he has a hard time with the heat. However, we have been talking about doing the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I would definitely need to train though!
Yeah, we are pretty used to the heat - I'm from Arkansas, husband is from South Carolina, and we lived in Georgia before we moved to FL :P

I loved Wine and Dine! I ran it last year, and it was very fun - but I love all the Disney races (except maybe Star Wars, because I'm not running a Disney race in April :P, at least not yet). The Galloway training plans are very achievable - I usually smash together his and a Hal Higdon one for my race distance, and it's worked out pretty well in the past as long as I actually follow it :)

So what is your favorite healthy chicken recipe? Could be a one dish meal or simply a marinade.

We got an air fryer for Christmas and have been loving making our own chicken nuggets. I just cut up chicken breast into small pieces, coat them with whatever Walmart brand Shake & Bake thing we have on hand, and air fry them at 390 for about 7-10 minutes. We usually eat them on a big salad :) So tasty!

So, I'm in a holding pattern. The only thing left to do is PRAY.

I feel this - our district wanted us to submit requests if we have health concerns / are at higher risk for covid. I am not technically high-risk myself, but my husband could be considered higher risk due to being overweight. We're still waiting on his doctor to send paperwork to that effect, but I have a suspicion we will not be approved to work from home anyway, just due to the number of higher-risk employees. I get it, but I'm still not excited about it. Good luck to you with all the uncertainty!

I spoke with my doctor today about the ADA form, and she may not be able to fill it out for me because of the legal ramifications. All of the patients in her practice are in the same position as me. She also said not to return to work without it...let's just wait and see because this situation is unprecedented. I haven't felt this helpless in a long time. Maybe she is hoping that the governor will come to his senses and just go to 100% remote learning. So tomorrow, after the hurricane and tornado warnings pass, I'm dropping the form off for her to look at. So, I'm in a holding pattern. The only thing left to do is PRAY.

In the meantime, we battened down the hatches and are hunkering down until the storm is over.
How is the weather by you? We lucked out, but it looks like you might be getting more action? And hearing the Lord & Taylor news made me think of your daughter :hug:

It’s Woohoo Wednesday!
What are you celebrating?
My woohoos:
- I’m getting up and doing my workouts each morning.
- I’m mostly sticking to my meal plan.
- We didn’t have any of yesterday’s rain get into our house (many neighbors got water in their basements).
- We go to the beach on Sunday!

Thanks for the wonderful chicken suggestions! I’m hoping my kitchen renovation will be finished by the time we return home from vacation. So I’m excited to give these new recipes a try then!

It’s a beautiful, sunny day and we opened windows last night to take a break from ac.

Still plugging along, eating to plan and getting out to walk. I’ve been better with snacking having watermelon in the house. Will go to the grocery store today for some lunch things and some seafood.

Woohoo... I emailed the pet rescue in Ocean Shores Monday and she called me back last night. She has two dark tabby (I'm assuming that'll mean brown rather than grey) girl kittens with white feet (which the kitten in the vision had and is actually more important to me than grey or brown), who were born on June 10! She'll get back to me today to let me know when they will be at the shelter. I could potentially be heading down this Saturday to meet them! I need to look around the house and start kitten proofing and pick up kitten food when I go to PetSmart tonight.

Woohoo... yesterday I donated a dozen or so books to the neighborhood book exchange and my local Goodwill is finally open for smaller donations. I have Friday off, so I'm going to sort thru stuff tonight and tomorrow night and select things to take to the pet rescue for their garage sale and things to take to Goodwill, then I'll drop off at GW first thing Friday when there isn't a line of people there. It will feel so good to get some stuff out of the house.

Woohoo... I've dropped another of my +4 pounds, so that leaves one more to go to get back to where I was.

Woohoo... our state covid numbers are finally going down, we're back to where we were in early April, before things started to open up. Thank you and blessings to everyone who has been doing what they need to do.

I hope everyone within reach of the storm is OK, holding all in my thoughts today.

Hi!
I'm Becca.
Mom to a liver transplant 17 year old and wife to a police officer.

I did my first Disney Half in 2015. Then I lost 44 pounds and did another in 2017 (taking 15 minutes off of my time). I have gotten away from running and workout in my basement. After a hysterectomy I gained back all the weight, and have recently (in the last year) lost 33 pounds of it again.
I developed hives that I had chronically for 5 months. After lots of tests and head scratching my allergist recommended the Whole30 book. I cut out processed foods, sugars, etc and the hives and some pounds went away.

I'm here to meet new Disney friends, new weight loss allies, and to talk about ways to make food without dairy (I miss cheese :hyper: ) and sugar.

My August goal is to lose 11 pounds.
I plan to do this my staying under my calculated calorie goal, tracking my food, and working out 7 days a week for the next 3 weeks (I'm starting a new Beachbody program :) )

What's the plan with half marathons at Disney?

I'm here to meet new Disney friends, new weight loss allies, and to talk about ways to make food without dairy (I miss cheese :hyper: ) and sugar.

My family likes the Lisanatti brand of almond cheese to replace motz -

..............................................~ ~ ~ link here ~ ~ ~

I'm not sure whether it's on Whole 30 or not, as we found it just looking for lower salt and saturated fat, but it's definitely worth reading the label to see if you can have it!

(Sadly, we're not as fond of the cheddar style. - I think the texture is just more "off" in that one.)

Not sure there is a concrete plan - I'm signed up for the Half in January, but I'm not necessarily holding my breath for a live event since Wine & Dine is now a virtual race. Hoping they at least let us defer or get a refund if they do it virtually. I'm expecting we'll hear in the next couple of months one way or another, at least for January races.

Hi!
I'm Becca.
Mom to a liver transplant 17 year old and wife to a police officer.

I did my first Disney Half in 2015. Then I lost 44 pounds and did another in 2017 (taking 15 minutes off of my time). I have gotten away from running and workout in my basement. After a hysterectomy I gained back all the weight, and have recently (in the last year) lost 33 pounds of it again.
I developed hives that I had chronically for 5 months. After lots of tests and head scratching my allergist recommended the Whole30 book. I cut out processed foods, sugars, etc and the hives and some pounds went away.

My August goal is to lose 11 pounds.
I plan to do this my staying under my calculated calorie goal, tracking my food, and working out 7 days a week for the next 3 weeks (I'm starting a new Beachbody program :) )

What's the plan with half marathons at Disney?
Welcome!
I’m not familiar with replacements for dairy, but think it would be a good thing to explore. I’m assuming vegan options are non dairy? I have good friends that are vegetarians (and foodies) so I will ask them what are some of their favorites. I do remember her mentioning some of the soy items from Trader Joe’s.

Here's my woohoo - I received my Disney masks today - and they seem to fit OK (I ordered large)! After reading all the comments I figured oh, well, I can give them to my students. They are definitely a variety of sizes. From top to bottom pleats extended they measure from 6" to 6-1/4" and width they can all stretch to 14" plus, but only time will tell how that feels on my ears for an extended period of time but I figure even I can figure out how to adjust that as long as my nose and mouth stay covered. The fabric seems a bit stifling and there is no nose wire, so I may need frequent mask breaks more than my students. But now I have something fun to wear to school if and when the time comes.

And my other woohoo is the A's are leading the American League West. My son projected the game on the side of my house on the weekend so we could watch together with his family while staying separate. So fun! We plan to do more of those. (I have an entrance to my house and a bedroom and bathroom all dedicated just to them, shut off from the rest of the house, so my house is perfect for this.)

Oh and I tried a cauliflower Spanish Rice recipe that was not half bad though I had to use what I had on hand, so the flavors were not very "robust" (they LOVE that word talking about distance learning - ugh!) so I had to cheat and throw on some salsa. Tomorrow I am going to buy fresh ingredients during old people shopping hours and try that again and Cauliflower Fried Rice. I like cauliflower but I was getting bored, and it probably would not have fooled someone into thinking it was rice, but it was definitely not raw cauliflower.

MOPNB welcome, and thank your husband and bless your son.

Summer2018, I am sorry you are have having so many concerns with your school. Our union and our district are still hashing things out. So far all they have resolved is we are doing a trimester in distance learning (the state didn't give them a choice how we started) but big yay for that. They had not worked out any of the details for in-person (and still haven't). Happily whatever route we (and our families) opt for for the rest of the year once they figure out the "rules", we will not lose our slots in our home schools (although they are opening a new school which will pull students away from my school in 21/22, so that will of necessity impact some of us). Fortunately my coworkers and principal are all very supportive and we have always shared ideas readily, which has helped getting through these stressful times. Many was the night last spring that my co-workers and I would see each other posting at 2 or 3am and would text or email each other; it was nice to know we were not alone!).

Last edited:
It’s Thankful Thursday!
What are 3 things you are grateful for from the past week?

1) I’m grateful for time to get together with family to celebrate 3 birthdays (dad, brother, & sister-in-law). I love watching the kids together. They‘re a little spread out in age (1, 8, 11, 16, 16).

2) I’m grateful for my dad and brother who have volunteered their time to help paint our new master his/hers closets as well as some patched walls due to adding lights in our office & living room.

3) I’m grateful for my husband who helped as much as he could as well as my kids who helped as we got tired with installing our new closet shelving system. I’m just so happy to have it mostly done (still needs carpeting) before going on vacation.

1. Getting together (outside) with friends today.

2. One of my friends hasn’t seen her kids and grandchildren since February! So I am really grateful my daughter‘s family is only 50 minutes away and we can visit in her yard or ours.

3. Came home with all kinds of produce yesterday-love living in my semi rural area where I can buy fruit and vegetables from the farmers that grow them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter