Aulani check out day

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what the policy is at Aulani for using the facilities there on check out day? We are considering a flight that doesn't leave until late the night of check out. We would like to have one "extra" day there. Can we drop off our bags at bell services and enjoy the resort for one last day? And if so, is there a place to clean up/change before we head out?

TIA

Aulani's Luana Lounge is designed for guests who have late departure times. The Lounge has a nice seating area, TVs, computers for you to print out your airline boarding passes, and dressing rooms so that you can still swim, shower, and change into travel clothes before you leave the resort. The dressing rooms have lockers with individualized pin-encoded locks that are large enough to hold carry on luggage.

Guests still have to check out of their villas by 11:00 AM, but Bell Services can hold your luggage until you are ready to leave. BTW, Bell Services has a scale so that you can check the weight of your luggage for your flight home.

Here are some photos of the Luana Lounge:

This is just half of the Luana Lounge. Note the message board that shows the status of flights leaving Honolulu International Airport.

file-111.jpg

file-110.jpg

The lockers are quite large. I put my full-sized backpack in a locker and had lots of room for more:

file-109.jpg

Wow, thank you for the info and pictures! Someone was thinking! What a great space for guests :thumbsup2

It is a great convenience for guests. We didn't leave the resort until 8PM on check out day, and it was one more great day at Aulani.

It is a great convenience for guests. We didn't leave the resort until 8PM on check out day, and it was one more great day at Aulani.

We did the same thing. Took the red eye to LAX to maximize every last minute.

Our flight also departs late, about 8:15PM! Beautiful, very well thought out space for guests! That is pretty cool, the airline info from the airport!

One more day to have fun at Aulani!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting!:)

We also had a late flight (10PM). We called Bell Services to pick up our bags about a half hour before 11AM checkout, and we kept a backpack and a grocery bag full of DH's swim stuff. I chose not to swim after we left our room (but I did swim, first thing in the morning), so I could take photos.

In the locker room area, they also have a swimsuit spinner, which gets most of the water out of suits. It was mostly wonderful. The bad part was for some reason DH's locker wouldn't re-open. There wasn't a CM in the lounge area, so he went next door to track one down. Then the first CM that showed up was a woman, who couldn't go in the men's locker room, so it took about 20 min for him to get into the locker.

What a fabulous idea!:cool1:

The worst is packing very wet swimsuits the last day! Swimsuit spinner, awesome!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me what the policy is at Aulani for using the facilities there on check out day? We are considering a flight that doesn't leave until late the night of check out. We would like to have one "extra" day there. Can we drop off our bags at bell services and enjoy the resort for one last day? And if so, is there a place to clean up/change before we head out?

TIA

The day prior to us leaving Aulani my wife and I went to check out the Luana Lounge as previously mentioned above. We went in and we were shocked. The room was loud with kids, totally full and hardly any place to sit. We wondered what would happen if we found it the same way the next day when we were scheduled to check out. We went to the front desk and asked to talk to a supervisor. What happened next blew us away.

After explaining to the supervisor that if tomorrows activity in the Luana Lounge was like today we certainly wouldn't find it very acceptable. We noted there was something like a dozen families in that room. He said to please wait a minute and he would be right back. He soon returned and said to us that he had arranged for us to use a "hotel room" instead of the Luana Lounge. My jaw was on the floor. I told him that this certainly is the Disney way to provide services beyond the level of expectations. We indicated how much we appreciated his offer.

The next day we checked out at 11am and went again to the front desk. Sure enough they had two new door keys for us. We went to the room and it was a very nice hotel room. We took our luggage with us and we changed into our swim wear. We enjoyed a full afternoon at the pools until we needed to leave to get ready for our red eye flight back home.

We found this totally unexpected, as you could imagine. But this as in everything else we experienced at Aulani was 5 stars and then some. I have told everyone I talk to about Aulani that they know customer service better at Aulani better than at Walt Disney World. Every aspect of our stay was better than our expectations at every since level. This post check out experience was just so unexpected.

I hesitated to share this online because it may be abused. But after seeing this thread I decided to share my experiences but hoping people use good judgement if the Luana Lounge was found unacceptable.

Disney certainly understood and provided a great alternative to the Luana Lounge. To those who have not been to Aulani yet, you have a wonderful experience to have, just waiting for you. We have told people our trip to Aulani was the best vacation we ever had. Now you see one example why.

Cheers

Such a nice compliment to Aulani Customer Service!:thumbsup2

Keep up the Great Work Aulani Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3::cheer2:

We just returned from Aulani and also had a red eye the night of departure. I casually mentioned our flight time the day before we left at front desk to see if we could get a late check out, and the fantastic cast member arranged a double room for us to use just off the lobby on the 3rd floor. We moved our luggage over at around 10am, and used the room till be left for the airport at 8pm. We had no complaints about the Luana Lounge, but after a week at Aulani my 4 and 5 yr olds were so exhausted it was nice they could watch a DVD and have a nap on the beds before we left.

Granted, we were at the resort at the slowest time of year (mid November), so doubt this would be an option during the peak season.

That is AWESOME! Very nice!:)

Did you have a GREAT TIME?

What view did you have? Hope that your vacation was super!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter