Aulani Closing March 24 Until Further Notice, Official Statement pending

traderginger

Earning My Ears
From Cast Member friend, came out at 1000 HST. Appears to be confirmed by various TAs. Would expect Aulani.com to update soon. Stay safe everyone.

Temporary Closure of Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa By: Disney Destinations

March 20, 2020 in line with state guidance, in an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and cast members, Aulani Resort will close beginning 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24-Tuesday, March 31. This will give your Clients the ability to make necessary travel arrangements or book alternative accommodations. We know that you have questions about your Clients' upcoming reservations and ask you to follow the guidance below. Resort Rooms and Packages For reservations booked through DisneyAulani.com or The Walt Disney Travel Company call (866) 443-4763 to reschedule reservations with arrivals of March 24-31 to a future date. To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving all Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for your Client's reservations that are impacted, as well as those rescheduled reservations with arrivals through June 30, 2020. On Tuesday March 24 at 5 p.m., room-only reservations booked directly through Disney, for arrivals March 24-31, will automatically be cancelled. Please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (866) 443-4763 to rebook or cancel your Aulani Resort hotel package. We will also process a refund to the original form of payment if a payment had been made. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

Not surprising at this point, but still sad! So sorry to anyone who had a trip planned that they were looking forward to :sad1:
At this point I have a feeling that all Disney parks/resorts will be closed a lot longer than the rest of the month...:sad: hoping I'm wrong!

I'm in Hawaii and also hearing the entire Ko Olina resort will close that day. No official release anywhere yet.

Has anyone else noticed that as of right now ALL things Disney are closed thru Mar 31?

I'm by no means a pessimist, but I think they announced Aulani closed thru the 31st, so they could remain consistent with all other properties, and thus, easier when the extend that date.

Has anyone else noticed that as of right now ALL things Disney are closed thru Mar 31?

I'm by no means a pessimist, but I think they announced Aulani closed thru the 31st, so they could remain consistent with all other properties, and thus, easier when the extend that date.

Exactly my thoughts. They want them all to align for now and then will roll it forward.

We have an office in Waikiki and it closed Friday until further notice. I had expected it to take longer to hit there, but unfortunately that was not the case. So sorry for everyone who’s trip is disrupted.

I'm in Waikiki now and have a 1 night reservation for Monday-Tuesday. So glad it's not closing until Tuesday evening. Aulani is the whole reason we picked this island.

I think that for anyone who has a Hawaii trip planned from the mainland from now until, probably May, they should cancel immediately. Aulani is likely to be closed for quite a bit longer than originally announced. Be safe.

We canceled earlier this week and glad we did. We were Concerned that if we moved forward with the flights, that we would arrive in Oahu and have to turn around and scramble to find flights back. Not my idea of a great first trip to Hawaii. We were able to rebook DVC rooms for June and flights without any issues, but we realize that it may not happen by then.

Oahu is under a stay-at-home, work-at-home mandate from 4:30pm March 23 until April 30. Anyone found in violation can be fined up to $5,000 and a year in prison.

Based on the wording, people are allowed to be outside for exercise such as swimming, walking, etc. but they cannot lie or sit on the beach above the high water mark. In a nutshell, if you're on city land, you should be in motion . . . and you cannot walk inside a park unless you are crossing through to go to the ocean.

My wife and I rescheduled our 25th anniversary celebration at Aulani for the end of August beginning of September. Praying that things have settled down by then and we can go. Stay safe everyone

We have an Hawaii trip planned for June and I am already having my doubts about that happening. Anyone flying into Hawaii will have to go under a 14 day quarantine. There is no way Aulani is reopening on April 1st. I doubt it will reopen in April at all.

I am going to guess it will reopen May 1st. Everything is so uncertain right now.

I think the 14-day quarantine will be in place for much longer than May 1st. Hawaii is dedicated to keep the walls up until the pandemic is under control or eliminated. People here are concerned about the economic impact, but the general consensus is that we want to protect our families over our economy.

We have an Hawaii trip planned for June and I am already having my doubts about that happening. Anyone flying into Hawaii will have to go under a 14 day quarantine. There is no way Aulani is reopening on April 1st. I doubt it will reopen in April at all.

It will not open in April. All non-essential businesses are ordered to close through April 30. Hotels are considered essential, but since Aulani will be closed and there is no possibility of new occupants, they will remain closed.

Has anybody heard that the 14 day quarantine is in place until May 20th?

Here's a link to the official mandate: https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-cont...ementary-Proclamation-for-COVID-19-signed.pdf

The document is saying that the disaster emergency relief period will last until May 20th. The quarantine mandate was made possible by the state of emergency, so if the state of emergency is terminated, all associated mandates/orders (including the quarantine) would be terminated as well.

The previous proclamation stated May 15 as the end date. You can expect to see an extension each time a new proclamation is passed. It's a fluid/moving end date and nobody knows when the quarantine restrictions will be lifted.

Here's a link to the official mandate: https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-cont...ementary-Proclamation-for-COVID-19-signed.pdf

The document is saying that the disaster emergency relief period will last until May 20th. The quarantine mandate was made possible by the state of emergency, so if the state of emergency is terminated, all associated mandates/orders (including the quarantine) would be terminated as well.

Wow that is basically two months without tourism. This is going to hit alot of businesses hard. The government better hurry up with a relief package soon otherwise we'll all be headed to the soup kitchens.

The previous proclamation stated May 15 as the end date. You can expect to see an extension each time a new proclamation is passed. It's a fluid/moving end date and nobody knows when the quarantine restrictions will be lifted.

That's good information, Thanks. No stories that I've read state the end-date. Much like the cruises, people can use the ending of the relief period as a definitive date of whether to cancel a trip or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter