Aulani - Credit card charges?

Tink1987

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We will be heading to Aulani next month for part of our honeymoon trip. I just wanted to check regarding possible credit card charges.

Is it like all other hotels you stay in where they ask for a credit card and put a hold on it for incidentals or is it like the WDW resorts where you can charge to your room key and they then charge the credit card on hold every few days when it gets up to a certain amount?

Thanks everyone! :wave:

At WDW they actually don't charge the CC until you reach $1500 in charges.

Aulani allows charges just like WDW, we often used our room key for food and drinks at the pool or when dining at the restaurants, but I do not know what at what point that Aulani will automatically charge the credit card. I would call the resort and ask them.

At WDW they actually don't charge the CC until you reach $1500 in charges.

Aulani allows charges just like WDW, we often used our room key for food and drinks at the pool or when dining at the restaurants, but I do not know what at what point that Aulani will automatically charge the credit card. I would call the resort and ask them.

That's how I meant it, just didn't explain it correctly! :)

Thanks for the info - I will email Aulani now.

The front desk will actually give you a courtesy call when you're nearing your credit limit or over your credit limit.

The front desk will actually give you a courtesy call when you're nearing your credit limit or over your credit limit.

Whoops, that is exactly how it is done at WDW as well. It's good to know that they will do the same thing at Aulani. Do you know what the credit limit is for Aulani?

We were not called. I can't remember what the limit was... But $1500 feels right. This was in June. We went down to pay it down with gift cards and found our card had already been run. It worked out okay... We just used the gift cards to pay for everything from then on, buy we were surprised!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter