Aulani daily room tax

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I stayed at Aulani back in 2013, and my recollection is that there was a daily room tax charged even though I was using DVC points for the stay. It seems like it was somewhere between $30 and $40 per day, but I'm really not sure since it was a while ago.

Question is whether that tax amount varies according to the room size (studio vs. 2 BR, etc.) or is just one flat rate. For anyone who has recently stayed at Aulani, what was your daily room tax rate?

I'm pulling together a budget for a 2-week trip (hopefully June 2019)with 7-8 days at Aulani and 6-7 days on Maui, and thought I should include an approximate amount for the room tax while I'm at it.

Thanks in advance for info!

Yes the tax varies according to the room size, the view/category, and the time of year you are going. For example we spent a week in a 2 bedroom pool view in March this year. The tax was $22.76/night so a total of $159.32.

I just looked at the MS website and the transient tax chart for 2018 is not there yet, just for 2017.

Oh wow! I thought the tax was around $10 per day or less. Had no idea it would be that much.
We're staying 11 nights in Nov in a studio- Oceanview.
How do I find out appx how much be it would?

Yes the tax varies according to the room size, the view/category, and the time of year you are going. For example we spent a week in a 2 bedroom pool view in March this year. The tax was $22.76/night so a total of $159.32.

I just looked at the MS website and the transient tax chart for 2018 is not there yet, just for 2017.
Thanks for this information! Appreciate your help.

Oh wow! I thought the tax was around $10 per day or less. Had no idea it would be that much.
We're staying 11 nights in Nov in a studio- Oceanview.
How do I find out appx how much be it would?

It depends when in November as Thanksgiving falls into a different season. Assuming non-thanksgiving..an oceanview studio is $8.13/night or $89.43 for 11 nights.

Over the Thanksgiving period it's $9.43/night or $103.73.

If your reservation crosses over through the Thanksgiving period then it would a combo between the two rates.

You can find the chart on the MS site, go to "Booking Guidelines" then click "Know before you book".

It depends when in November as Thanksgiving falls into a different season. Assuming non-thanksgiving..an oceanview studio is $8.13/night or $89.43 for 11 nights.

Over the Thanksgiving period it's $9.43/night or $103.73.

If your reservation crosses over through the Thanksgiving period then it would a combo between the two rates.

You can find the chart on the MS site, go to "Booking Guidelines" then click "Know before you book".

Thank you very much for this info! Greatly appreciated:)

Just curious...would u happen to know if non Disney Vacation Club members can do on-line check in? We rented points from a member, but not exactly sure how it works with Aulani?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!