Aulani elevators, were there ever issues?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, someone can correct me if I am wrong, and I could be but I am going to ask. It seems like a while back I remember reading reports about the elevators at Aulani having issues? Like they might skip a floor that they were suppose to stop at or just not opening up when they should have? I don't think it was an issue of free falling, but that is one of my biggest fears.

Now I could have been reading this about another resort, I really don't know, but I was thinking it was Aulani. Feel free to correct me if I do indeed have it mixed up.

In 5 visits to Aulani, I can't say I've ever experienced an issue with the elevators there.

There were some people who posted around last December that they had problems with the elevators at Aulani. I was there last December and there was one day when they shut down the elevators In the Ewa tower for a period of time to check them. I was in the elevators before and after the shutdown and didn’t have any issues. As the OP said, I have been to Aulani several times and have never had any issues with the elevators.

There were some people who posted around last December that they had problems with the elevators at Aulani. I was there last December and there was one day when they shut down the elevators In the Ewa tower for a period of time to check them. I was in the elevators before and after the shutdown and didn’t have any issues. As the OP said, I have been to Aulani several times and have never had any issues with the elevators.
Ok, I was thinking I read something like that. So I will look for December 2019 threads, thanks.

We never experienced mechanical issues with the elevators. I have seen complaints that the elevators are slow, as in not enough elevator banks to cover the demand. We were on floor 5, so there were times that we'd use the stairs by Makahiki which takes you to floor 3, and then we'd use the stairs to floor 5 from floor 3.

I have only been there twice, once in October and once in January (which happened to overlap with when American Idol was there) and at no time did we have elevator issues. I think we were on around the 11th floor both times

Yikes! Now I don't want to ride their elevators on our trip in June. Does Aulani have ground level resort rooms?
Yes they do. But you need to take the elevator to get there. The lobby and stores are on level 3.

Any rooms that don't require an elevator?

As PP noted, the lobby and stores are on the 3rd Floor. So if you are not coming from the parking garage, which may require an elevator ride, and are being dropped off at the Porte Cochere, request a room on 3 and you will be fine.

However, you will have to walk down to the pool, beach and restaurants. I can only remember the main staircase that takes you very close to Makahiki, the character buffet restaurant. There's probably others but I don't recall seeing them.

I honestly think I could have a panic attack if I got on an elevator and it went to the 15th floor of that place. I know it is all a mental thing and that is fine, that is me, so I am hoping I will be able to get a standard view room and not have to worry with such.

Any rooms that don't require an elevator?
I think you could get by not using an elevator if you were on floor 3 or ground floor, as long as you're good with the stairs. There is an open staircase near Makahiki that goes from the ground floor to floor 3 where the lobby is. I'm sure there's other stairwells where you'd have to take two flights of stairs as well. Ground floor will be the same level as the restaurants and pools, but would be prone to noise due to foot traffic on the pool side or the luau on the other side in Ewa tower. In Waianae tower, those rooms would also be prone to pool noise or car noise. You could request floor 3 but I can't picture how many rooms are actually on floor 3 and what type they are. The lobby and store are both on floor 3, and its easy to walk out to the parking garage from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!