Aulani First Time Visit

HallDisney2019

Earning My Ears
Good day my friends!

Beginning my research for 2021. Possible looking at booking a DVC stay at Aulani. A couple of questions:

1. Is there a best time to go? We have much flexibility
2. How long is a good time to stay

A little background...we live in the Midwest and travel to WDW yearly. Looking to have 3 families go with us. two of the families will have children (1-4 years old)

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I would suggest September or early October. If Hawaii has a “low” season, this would be it. Water is still quite warm and not quite so many people. Best bang for your buck then too for rates or points. How long depends on budget and what you want to do. Much to see on Oahu, and just lounging on the beach or by the pool is fabulous. Aulani makes a good base for exploring. I stay in Hawaii as long as I possibly can...lol...but at least 5-7 days I would think.

We've been in October twice - it's a great time, just avoid the school holiday week.

I would not go for less than 7 days.

We have stayed mid sept and end October. Loved both
For me if you want to sightsee stay at different place do sightseeing then go aulani and enjoy your time there
At least a week but note very quiet in evenings nothing much going on (which I love)

Just to add to what the PP's have said, I'd suggest a week for your visit. There is much to do on Oahu and you'll also want some time to just stay at the resort. You'll be surprised at how quickly the time goes by.

perhaps also consider doing a split stay (if staying a week 1-3 days in waikiki, then the rest at aulani). if you want to do things like diamond head, pearl harbor, waikiki, hanauma bay, etc. then staying in waikiki for that part can make the commute easier.

with all the lengthy commutes out of the way you can enjoy your time at aulani more.

We spent two weeks in Hawaii in mid-late September and we thought it was a great time of year to be there. Still very warm, no rain at all, and most schools across the country are newly in session so it was relatively quiet at Aulani and elsewhere. January-March (I believe) is high season with people looking to escape the winter, and its also prime whale watching season, so I would expect that time of year to be the busiest/most expensive, and it may also pose travel concerns coming from the Midwest in the winter.

We came from the East coast and stayed a total of 16 days. We did 3 nights in Waikiki, 3 nights on Maui, 3 nights in Kauai, and 6 nights at Aulani. We loved this itinerary and were able to get a taste of our main interests in each area, which is exactly what we wanted. If you don't want to island hop, I would say 7-10 days is a good amount of time. You want the extensive travel and time change to be worth your while. It took about 2 days to fully adjust to the time difference after arriving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!