• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani for a honeymoon?

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
My daughter and her DB aren't yet engaged, but it's coming in the near future. They talk about their wedding and their honeymoon. They mentioned possibly using our DVC and staying at Aulani.

Can anyone out there give me some ideas or opinions of this resort as a honeymoon location? Good, bad and the ugly??;)
I'm just trying to get a feel for it and, since I'm an obsessive planner, I will have to figure out when I should be NOT using too many points!:lmao:
Thanks,

I can't help today but my daughter will be there on her honeymoon in November. Not all of it but for a 3 day stay. She is island hopping and staying at other resorts as well so it's just part of the trip. I'll report back when she gets home to let you know how it works out.

My nephew will be using our DVC for his honeymoon in April. I could report after that! They will be spending 5 nights at Aulani and then going to a different island.

Hey there,
just leaving from Aulani today, it is our honeymoon. we have been here since the 18th and have loved it.

Not sure all the difference between staying here on a regular vacation and a honeymoon but upon check in, we recieved Aulani buttons that said We are Married, and at dinner we were given a complementry dessert for our celebration.

We rented a car from the Thrifty rental place by the airport which was really cheap for the week. we did some grocery shopping, off resort dining and went out on a couple day trips. Waikiki is not even 30 minutes East and we went to a State Park (Ka`ena State Park) which was not even 30 minutes West. Once you get your barrings the driving is really easy, our GPS helped also.

I just wrote a review "My Aulani Experience" today, and i am going to write a information one when i get home on things we found to make Aulani cheaper.

let me know if you need more info

We'll be heading there for our honeymoon in just a little over two weeks. We'll be staying there for eight nights. I think we have a fair amount of relaxing and a fair amount of activities planned, maybe 50/50.

My daughter and her DB aren't yet engaged, but it's coming in the near future. They talk about their wedding and their honeymoon. They mentioned possibly using our DVC and staying at Aulani.

Can anyone out there give me some ideas or opinions of this resort as a honeymoon location? Good, bad and the ugly??;)
I'm just trying to get a feel for it and, since I'm an obsessive planner, I will have to figure out when I should be NOT using too many points!:lmao:
Thanks,

We were in Aulanu in May. It is absolutely beautiful! Our room overlooked the wedding chapel next door so we saw about a dozen or so weddings a day. I think it would make a great honeymoon location! Just know there are lots of kids here. The only downside is the restaurant choices. There is not much around other than what is at the hotel & what is next door at the Marriott. There is basically 3 resorts & a small shopping mall in the area.

My nephew will be using our DVC for his honeymoon in April. I could report after that! They will be spending 5 nights at Aulani and then going to a different island.

My son and his fiancé will be honeymooning there in March for 5 nights after a 5 night stay on Maui .....will also report back on their experience....booked them an ocean view studio...hope it's worth the points

My nephew was on his honeymoon this past Feb.

He and his wife LOVED IT!!!

say he it was the best DVC resort ever:cool1::thumbsup2:cheer2:

Thank you! I'll keep my eyes open for reviews and will share them w my daughter.

Thank you! I'll keep my eyes open for reviews and will share them w my daughter.

Hi,

I stayed in a regular ocean view for our honeymoon this past July for 6 nights,, lots to do & see, hired a car from Alamo on site & drove to the turtle beach on the north shore, also done the usual shopping malls & zoo/waikiki beach,

I recommend you don't leave it until your last night to watch the sun set on the horizon,, it could be cloudy (dohhh),, nice place up past the marriott.

I have not been to Aulani, just want to speak to the Hawaii islands in general I went to HI for my honeymoon many years ago. Depends on what they want to do for a honeymoon. Oahu is a very busy island over by Waikiki. From what I understand the section where Aului is a little bit quieter. The thing about Oahu that I did not like was that it is more citified than the others. Did not like that is was like being in the hustle and bustle of a larger city. Lots to do but not a relaxing island. Went to another island also on the honeymoon as that was more relaxing and honeymoon like IMHO. Depends on what they are looking for. Even being a DVC member if I went back to HI I would stay on Maui or Kauai, not on Oahu.

We sent our DS & DDIL there on their honeymoon last year. They absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. They said it was a perfect place for a honeymoon. They rented a car, did some sightseeing, but had a great time just enjoying the resort.

Start saving those points......:goodvibes

going there for our honeymoon in exactly 4 weeks, for 4 nights, then on to Maui for another few nights.

i will also report back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter